3/9 8PM Wheelersburg (24-0) v Alexander (17-7)

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Re: 3/9 8PM Wheelersburg (24-0) v Alexander (17-7)

Post by markymark1969 »

As far as the intentional foul call, I can see it from the officials point of view, don't agree with it, but I can his point of view. Thought they should have called one on the take down of Holden in the first quarter by Markins. They're probably weren't any better wrestling moves at the state tournament than that one. It was certainly worse than what Holden did in my estimation.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

First it was the picture of the warmup jersey’s worn by Burg that said undefeated. Then the deal where Holden wore the Wright St warmup during the pregame warmups gets brought back up.

Friggin’ pathetic!!

Don’t worry everyone. Holden’s HS Career will come to an end either this week or next and then you all can leave him alone. It’s going to be a sad day in Burg as he is by far the greatest athlete that I’ve ever watched in my 40+ years of watching Burg sports. I like how you all say this coach or that coach would not have let Tanner wear that but why do you care. How many kids from around here have even went on to play DIV 1 basketball? He had just signed that week so can’t he just be proud of that for one brief moment!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm First it was the picture of the warmup jersey’s worn by Burg that said undefeated. Then the deal where Holden wore the Wright St warmup during the pregame warmups gets brought back up.

Friggin’ pathetic!!

Don’t worry everyone. Holden’s HS Career will come to an end either this week or next and then you all can leave him alone. It’s going to be a sad day in Burg as he is by far the greatest athlete that I’ve ever watched in my 40+ years of watching Burg sports. I like how you all say this coach or that coach would not have let Tanner wear that but why do you care. How many kids from around here have even went on to play DIV 1 basketball? He had just signed that week so can’t he just be proud of that for one brief moment!!!
Totally agree! Amen brother!

Burg grad 85
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 am The intentional foul call was absolutely the correct call. Intentional fouls are not just based on "intent". They are also used for excessive and dangerous contact.

Holden did not intentionally foul Terry that hard in my opinion. But the contact was excessive so the call was made correctly.
Neither one of the below happened on that particular play. You could make a slight argument for "d." but anyone with sound judgement would know that he came down in regards to protect himself which should never be held as excessive unless you see that he's trying to throw in a cheap shot, which in this scenario didn't happen. If that's the case, there were two incidents prior to that when an Alexander player pulled a couple of burg players to the floor that could've been considered a lot more excessive. Late in the game, an alexander player was attempting a foul to stop the game, and he literally pulled the jersey of the player in front of the burg bench. Ater kept his cool but he had every right to lose it.

ART. 3

An intentional foul is a personal or technical foul that may or may not be premeditated and is not based solely on the severity of the act. Intentional fouls include, but are not limited to:

a. Contact that neutralizes an opponent's obvious advantageous position.

b. Contact away from the ball with an opponent who is clearly not involved with a play.

c. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player specifically designed to stop the clock or keep it from starting.

d. Excessive contact with an opponent while the ball is live or until an airborne shooter returns to the floor.

e. Contact with a thrower-in as in 9-2-10 Penalty 4.

No.

The case was already made. In the officials eyes the contact was excessive. End of story. Disagree if you want but that was the call.

$60 and a ton of your free time and you can be the one to make the calls starting next season!
it appears that you can take some of your own advice . LOL I talked with the ref that made the call and he admitted that it was the wrong call, so now what? That is a part of the game period. No ref will be perfect, that is why you have to respond , and I believe that is what the Burg team did

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

End this thread, not becoming of anyone.

Return to “Boys Basketball”