Trimble 57 Peebles 55 a final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Trimble 57 Peebles 55 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Trimble 57
Peebles 55 a final ...

Game #2 in D4 District action started out with a blitz by Coach Howie Caldwell's Trimble Tomcats ... 24 points for THS led by junior Brayden Weber's 11 points ... Weber matched the Peeble's offensive output for the quarter ... Jeremiah Brown added 1 of the Trimble opening quarter 3 triples (5 pts) ... Cameron Kittle 6pts including a trey, Blake Guffey 2pts ... the Trimble blitz was initiated by turning the Indians over 5 times in the period leading to 4 transition baskets the final 2 in a row by Weber to finish out the quarter ... Peebles went 2/4 from downtown Dawson Mills/Alex Camp with the triples ... Kyle Lightner had 4 points for Coach Arey's Peebles team... the Indians sporting ALL underclassmen - no seniors ... Peebles 11 Trimble 24 after 1 ... the 2nd quarter saw both teams exchange baskets with the Indians finding offensive help from sophomore Oakley Burba, the soph swing man dropped 2 three pointers in the 2nd totaling 10 points for PHS ... Trimble countered with 4 pts from Weber/4 points from Conner Wright / 2 from Kittle and Blake Guffey to finish out the quarter ... Trimble 36 Peebles 24 at intermission ... through 2 quarters the undersized Tomcats held their own on the boards and on the scoreboard ... the 3rd period saw PHS turn up the D - holding THS to only 2 fgs in the 3rd period - a deuce from Weber , a trey & 2 FTs from Jeremiah Brown was all Trimble could muster ... Peebles with the increased defensive pressure turned the Tomcats over 5 times ... found offense in Westin Browning's 7 points and 2 points each by Gage Crothers/Kyle Lightner/Dawson Mills ... Trimble 43 Peebles 37 after 3 ... the key to the Indians creep back in to the game happened midway in the 2nd quarter as Coach Arey went from a man to man D to zone ... the score was 32-16 in favor of Trimble when the adjustment was made ... after the 3rd Peebles had outscored Trimble 21-11 ... Trimble continued to struggle offensively in the 4th putting only 8 more points on the board led by Blake Guffey's 5 points ... Peebles continued to find points from the perimeter as Dawson Mills connected on 2 triples in the 4th 4 pts each by Lightner/Crothers ... at 3:40 in the 4th THS held onto a 50-47 lead ... at :46.6 on the clock 51-49 Trimble ... Peebles outscored Trimble after going to a zone 35-19 to close out regulation ... Trimble 51 Peebles 51 end of regulation... OT had Trimble get a transition bucket from Blake Guffey 53-51 Tomcats ... Coach Caldwell put the game "on the line" - the FT line with Brayden Weber scoring the final 4 points from the foul line ... :21.3 Trimble up 56-53 ... :12.9 56-55 THS ... a Weber 1/2 FT making the score 57-55 with :04.1 to play ... a long trey off the front rim ... Trimble 57 Peebles 55 OT final ...

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Peebles

Scoring ... Oakley Burba 13, Dawson Mills 11, Westin Browning 11, Kyle Lightner 10, Gage Crothers 6, Alex Camp 3, Hunter White 1
3 Pointers .... 7/13 ... Dawson Mills 3, Oakley Burba 2, Alex Camp 1, Wesson Browning 1
FTs ..... 4/8
TOs .... 16
PnP ... 13 fgs/26 points in the paint
PnT .... 2 fgs/4 points in transition

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Trimble

Scoring ...Brayden Weber 23, Blake Guffey 11, Jeremiah Brown 10, Cam Kittle 8, Conner Wright 4
3 Pointers .... 4/11 ... Jeremiah Brown 2, Cam Kittle 1, Brayden Weber 1
FTs ....... 9/17
TOs ...... 14
PnP .... 16 fgs/32 points in the paint
PnT ..... 6 fgs/12 points in transition

... Great game of strategy ... Peebles a team of underclassmen 7 sophomores, 5 juniors, 2 freshmen ... ALL coming back next season - outstanding, talented TEAM ... the move to a zone - brilliant ... outscoring Trimble 35-19 from the mid-point of the 2nd period through the end of regulation ... Trimble showed exactly how they got to 18-3 ... these undersized, talented athletes don't know how to lose ! - they simply out hustle, out play their opponents - the "will" to win is strong with this group (to paraphrase a Star Wars quote) ... the word "gamers" comes to mind ... if anything they -the Tomcats -take on the persona of their coach - Coach Howie Caldwell - he himself runs from anything with "L" attached - he accepts nothing but winning - the "W" ... best of luck vs New Boston Thursday night at the Convo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble 57 Peebles 55 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

The Indians did nothing but build up how I view the SHAC to begin next season with the game vs Trimble ... Peebles WILL BE an excellent TEAM next season - outstanding pieces - Weston Browning(scorer/ballhandler/perimeter shooter & gets into the paint) the "goto" guy every good team needs ... add the perimeter scoring of Dawson Mills/Oakley Burba - they have length and can shoot the 3 ball with the best of them ... role players who play good D, will get you the medium range shots and putback around the rim - Alex Camp/Kyle Lightner/Gage Crothers ... I LIKE the Indians ! add to the mix Coach Arey ! - excellent coach for Peebles ... glad I was able to see PHS in action... putting eyes on vs a very good Trimble TEAM ... Peebles earned their way into a 25 pre-season ranking and the "*" on the big board "get out and see 'em in the regular season" next season !!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, Is Weber the Pt. guard for Trimble? He seems to be there main scoring option. You said that at times, that you thought that McKinley of NB was mayby guarding Blevins of SW. My thoughts are that if he could guard Blevins, he could probably guard about anyone. I have no idea what Howie will do, but I don't think he has the overall firepower that NB has, and will have to slow the game down.Again, thanks for a great recap and stats on the Trimble-Peebles game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:06 pm Pfloyd, Is Weber the Pt. guard for Trimble? He seems to be there main scoring option. You said that at times, that you thought that McKinley of NB was mayby guarding Blevins of SW. My thoughts are that if he could guard Blevins, he could probably guard about anyone. I have no idea what Howie will do, but I don't think he has the overall firepower that NB has, and will have to slow the game down.Again, thanks for a great recap and stats on the Trimble-Peebles game.
... at 5-8'ish Brayden Weber is THE #1 option - not the only option but the ball is in his hands as much as possible ... ball handler/get into the paint scorer/ rebounder at both ends of the floor/ putback basket type of scorer / NOT a BIG perimeter scorer BUT CAN hit the trey ... Trimble is just a solid well balanced TEAM - everything starts with Weber BUT add double digit scorers in Jeremiah Brown/Cam Kittle/ Blake Guffey ... if you watch teh Trimble TEAM and YOU are a fan of the game of basketball - YOU love this TEAM ... underdogs in every game, undersized , will "bust you in the chops" "metaphorically" and/or literally if THAT'S what it takes to get a "W" LOL ... if YOU love kids giving it ALL up for the TEAM the Tomcats ARE a TEAM you not only want to see BUT HAVE TO SEE ... crisp chest passes, if it's not a chest pass it's a bounce pass, it's movement without the ball, it's sharp cuts to the rim, back cuts, picks ... the entire "fundamentals of basketball" textbook played out in front of you on the court ...

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

There’s only one word here! HOWIE!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Howie will have a game plan and his players will excute it. They might not win here but these young men will leave it on the floor

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I still say Howie should be in the running for Coach of year! I’m saying state wide consideration not only district honors but state honors. He’s in a very small group of pure teacher of the right way to play the game. Trimble should be honored to have him.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Pfloyd everything you said I’m 100 percent behind those comments.

THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 pm I still say Howie should be in the running for Coach of year! I’m saying state wide consideration not only district honors but state honors. He’s in a very small group of pure teacher of the right way to play the game. Trimble should be honored to have him.
I felt Arey won this coaching dual even though Trimble pulled game out. I’ve never quite felt the same about Howies prowess since he inexplicably took 3 timeouts home with him and blew 5 point lead in 55 seconds vs Afrocentric in 2016. Also he has no answer for Green’s Box and 1 last season.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

THEConvoK9 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:50 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 pm I still say Howie should be in the running for Coach of year! I’m saying state wide consideration not only district honors but state honors. He’s in a very small group of pure teacher of the right way to play the game. Trimble should be honored to have him.
I felt Arey won this coaching dual even though Trimble pulled game out. I’ve never quite felt the same about Howies prowess since he inexplicably took 3 timeouts home with him and blew 5 point lead in 55 seconds vs Afrocentric in 2016. Also he has no answer for Green’s Box and 1 last season.
This still remains my favorite username on the board. Hilarious!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm
THEConvoK9 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:50 pm
This still remains my favorite username on the board. Hilarious!
I like mine but if I had to chose another it would be

Mash Potato

Return to “Boys Basketball”