Head Coaching Vacancies

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Head Coaching Vacancies

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:43 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 am
smurray wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Wow, that should have been a given. No way he leaves Waverly without that full time teaching job....
Very true, but when you're told one thing and you commit to that, then they do another thing kind of puts a damper on the situation. Honestly if I was in his shoes, Robertson isn't going to stay around much longer, and if what I'm hearing is true I'd stay at Waverly. Either that or tell them this is what you promised, deliver or I'm out. We'll see, considering I don't think there's been an official announcement yet anything could happen.
I think it was/is well known the job at Waverly is/was his once Travis hangs it up. I’m pretty sure Travis will want to travel to watch Trey play at the next level.
Yeah, was hoping he'd hold out just a little longer on that, given the talent waverly has coming up he'd be set for quite awhile. Smurray help me out what is the name of the JV coach at Waverly?? Heard he has been offered and accepted the Eastern head coaching position.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 am

Very true, but when you're told one thing and you commit to that, then they do another thing kind of puts a damper on the situation. Honestly if I was in his shoes, Robertson isn't going to stay around much longer, and if what I'm hearing is true I'd stay at Waverly. Either that or tell them this is what you promised, deliver or I'm out. We'll see, considering I don't think there's been an official announcement yet anything could happen.
I think it was/is well known the job at Waverly is/was his once Travis hangs it up. I’m pretty sure Travis will want to travel to watch Trey play at the next level.
Yeah, was hoping he'd hold out just a little longer on that, given the talent waverly has coming up he'd be set for quite awhile. Smurray help me out what is the name of the JV coach at Waverly?? Heard he has been offered and accepted the Eastern head coaching position.
Ya, I just heard about the JV coach today as well. I’m not going to mention the name until it’s confirmed but I’m somewhat shocked by it... and hate to hear it - was a HUGE asset to Waverly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Ya, I just heard about the JV coach today as well. I’m not going to mention the name until it’s confirmed but I’m somewhat shocked by it... and hate to hear it - was a HUGE asset to Waverly.
I'm curious to see how he handles things, let's be honest he's had some pretty talented teams. We'll see how coach L does in his new settings. ;)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:22 pm
smurray wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm

I'm curious to see how he handles things, let's be honest he's had some pretty talented teams. We'll see how coach L does in his new settings. ;)
I guess it’s public knowledge now so we can wish the best to Coach Lockery, just not against Waverly, lol. Lakiem will be missed at Waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

socfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm For all of those who are questioning why Tom Barrick decided to resign from Eastern Pike:

I believe that this decision is based upon family. Not sure how many people know this, but his wife has had severe heart issues over the past 15+ years. She has had several open heart surgeries and valve replacement operations. She is having ongoing issues; I'm sure many people would notice her at games in the past years. This year, she was only able to attend 2 games due to heart issues.

While there may be multiple reasons for Coach Barrick's decision, family needs were the primary issue.

Tom Barrick had a tremendous run at Eastern Pike and I know that he worked his hardest to leave the program in a great place.

I never knew Tom Barrick to back down just because he had a "down" team....

Congratulations to Coach Barrick and I wish you the best as you embark on the next stage of life.
Heard he was hired at Russell.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23 pm
socfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm For all of those who are questioning why Tom Barrick decided to resign from Eastern Pike:

I believe that this decision is based upon family. Not sure how many people know this, but his wife has had severe heart issues over the past 15+ years. She has had several open heart surgeries and valve replacement operations. She is having ongoing issues; I'm sure many people would notice her at games in the past years. This year, she was only able to attend 2 games due to heart issues.

While there may be multiple reasons for Coach Barrick's decision, family needs were the primary issue.

Tom Barrick had a tremendous run at Eastern Pike and I know that he worked his hardest to leave the program in a great place.

Congratulations to Coach Barrick and I wish you the best as you embark on the next stage of life.
Yep, so much for that retirement, then again did anyone really believe that's why he left eastern?? Heck no

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m not really surprised he left Eastern. I had heard he was not excited about the move to the new league. But I am surprised he went to Kentucky and took over a program that had struggled so much lately. The KHSAA website shows 6 straight losing seasons and they averaged like 20 losses per season.

But I think Eastern landed on their feet. There new coach will do a good job.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Yep, so much for that retirement, then again did anyone really believe that's why he left eastern?? Heck no
Nope

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

Yea I didnt figure that post would age very well. Senior heavy eastern team leaving this year and a young group coming up. Going to be a hard fought couple of years. I am not sure he wanted to start out facing burg with a young team. Apparently did not like the soc2 move.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

P J Fitch has been hired to Coach the Ironton Fighting Tigers, good luck Coach and welcome to Tigertown,

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 am P J Fitch has been hired to Coach the Ironton Fighting Tigers, good luck Coach and welcome to Tigertown,
... no downside to this hire ! excellent basketball coach ... best of luck to Coach Fitch & the Tigers ! - pfloyd

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations to PJ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall hires Christian Meister

No idea on his background, but I hope it is a good hire for the Mustangs.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm Westfall hires Christian Meister

No idea on his background, but I hope it is a good hire for the Mustangs.
I also have never heard of him. Anyone have any background???

Good luck to the Mustangs.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Watson45 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 am

Yea I didnt figure that post would age very well. Senior heavy eastern team leaving this year and a young group coming up. Going to be a hard fought couple of years. I am not sure he wanted to start out facing burg with a young team. Apparently did not like the soc2 move.
Barrick is an outstanding coach. BUT, this does look bad. It would have been better if he just told the Eagle faithful that he was moving on.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

pfloyd wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:23 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 am P J Fitch has been hired to Coach the Ironton Fighting Tigers, good luck Coach and welcome to Tigertown,
... no downside to this hire ! excellent basketball coach ... best of luck to Coach Fitch & the Tigers ! - pfloyd
WOW!
I didn't see this one coming. Excellent hire and great opportunity for Coach Fitch. The type of defense that Fitch teams play should do well at Ironton with their athletes.

Is he gonna be working there?

Return to “Boys Basketball”