Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Regional 3/14 Adena v Harvest Prep

Post by VetteMan »

I watched a couple of Harvest Preps games on youtube, they are super quick. There Pt guard is very good, one of the games was a blowout, they were playing so many players it was kind of hard to figure out who the starters were. There center looks as if he should be playing offensive tackle in the NFL, he's a hoss. I really believe they play better when he's not on the floor, as he didn't look that mobile. I picked against Adena when they played Ironton, and they proved me wrong. I have no doubt that Adena will show up and give it everything that they have. Good luck Adena, and I most certainly will be pulling for you to win.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Harvest Prep by a lot.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This will get ugly fast

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Adena has been fun to watch. Tough kids, very long and physical. Super bright future with all those sophomores. They’re about 1 piece away from a state run in 2 years.

With that said, this is a really tough matchup for Adena (or any team for that matter). Adena is about to see pressure they haven’t seen all year. The PG for Harvest is a big time talent and a legit D1 prospect. Adena’s zone will have trouble keeping him out of the paint

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m going with Harvest 78-41.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Prep by many

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I saw the District Finals Harvest Prep played against Columbus Academy. I had seen Academy twice during the year and they are very good team. Academy gave Harvest Prep all they wanted. Harvest Prep will pressure the ball all night long- they do not press all night but all 5 players knows where the ball is. They will guard you close and swipe and grab for the ball. They substitute a lot. Anthony and Hines do not leave the floor much. They are a 2 headed guard monster. They also have different levels they go to. If they get a lead they will play a level that will keep the lead. Academy would make a 6-8 point run and Harvest Prep would jump their pressure and intensity to get the lead back up.
In the fourth quarter Academy got a 3 point play to take a 62-60. Harvest Prep came down and missed a shot. Academy got the rebound threw it down court and looked to be getting an easy 2 points to go up 4. Harvest Prep flashed to ball down court and caused a Academy turnover and Harvest hits a 3 to go back up 63-62. Academy was not able to regain the lead again. Pressure, Pressure and Pressure is what you will feel with Harvest Prep.

piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

Good season Adena

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

IMO Adena loses.
They are running into a program that recruits very heavily. Be proud of yourself for winning a District Title!
Unfortunately, those power houses that recruit so heavily are all-star teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am IMO Adena loses.
They are running into a program that recruits very heavily. Be proud of yourself for winning a District Title!
Adena surprised me. They will have to play extremely well but I think they can play with them a little. The speed will change and they will have to handle that. Tough to simulate in practice.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Adena surprised me. They will have to play extremely well but I think they can play with them a little. The speed will change and they will have to handle that. Tough to simulate in practice.
Heck yes they will thats why they play the game! No one knows until they roll the balls out and blow the whistle. Hoping Adena can represent the SVC and Ross County well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Heck yes they will thats why they play the game! No one knows until they roll the balls out and blow the whistle. Hoping Adena can represent the SVC and Ross County well.
I give them a better chance after I saw them.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

As much as I want to see adena pull off the upset of epic proportions I just don’t see it happening. This game will get ugly very quick

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Regardless of the outcome, the Warriors have had a great tournament run......doing so without their starting PG. Only 16 teams left in D3, and Adena is one of them.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Great season for the Warriors, and really a year ahead of schedule!! Prep will be too much for the Warriors i'm afraid.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Can Adena keep it close?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Harvest Prep will win this regional.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm Harvest Prep will win this regional.
This yrs burg team is better than the one hp beat last season. Don’t be surprised if burg was to pull off the mild upset over hp

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm Can Adena keep it close?
Maybe for a quarter

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:45 pm Great season for the Warriors, and really a year ahead of schedule!! Prep will be too much for the Warriors i'm afraid.
I think they’re right on schedule. I think they actually take a small step back next year record wise. I know they have a talented group of sophomores but losing Fout is gonna hurt. And Foglesong is a nice piece as well that they’ll miss.

Return to “Boys Basketball”