Regional 3/13 Zane Trace v New Philadelphia

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: Regional 3/13 Zane Trace v New Philadelphia

Post by bsee12345 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am Listened to the game last night. Is there anything better than having Mike Smith get excited on the radio?

Sounded like ZT was the better team for 3 qts but ran out of gas in the 4th.
Congrats on a great season. The SVC was well represented this year in tourney play and all the young men from ZT should be very proud.

Heard it here first, ZT will be in the Schott next year. Final 4.
Zane Trace had a great year. Next year they could be better yes but with next year will also come much higher expectations. Zane Trace will have a tag on their back every game next year. Remember Fairland had those expectations put on them and came up a little short- even though they had an outstanding season. Its different when you go from the being the hunter to being hunted. Also you never know what could happen as far as injuries, illness and things like that. So saying Zane Trace will be in the Final 4 next year is placing a larger target on next years team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am Listened to the game last night. Is there anything better than having Mike Smith get excited on the radio?

Congrats on a great season. The SVC was well represented this year in tourney play and all the young men from ZT should be very proud.

I agree, for the most part. But it looks like Zane Trace will be dropping to D3 and will have to beat one of Harvest Prep/Africentric/Wellington etc which is no easy task.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am

I agree, for the most part. But it looks like Zane Trace will be dropping to D3 and will have to beat one of Harvest Prep/Africentric/Wellington etc which is no easy task.

Ah touché! Those teams are no joke with the recruiting they do. Will be tough to get past them. Not sure what they have returning but David does an excellent job getting kids to come to HP

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 am

Ah touché! Those teams are no joke with the recruiting they do. Will be tough to get past them. Not sure what they have returning but David does an excellent job getting kids to come to HP
Nonetheless, Zane Trace has plenty to be excited about and is definitely one of the Regional favorites. If Zane Trace adds one more piece, they have a decent shot at perhaps even a State title.

Exciting times in Kinnikinnick! :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Down 44-43 with just under a minute to go — Evans got in the lane and had a 4 or 5’ shot on the rim — it looked good — just wouldn’t fall.

Forced to foul and NP went 6-6 while ZT chose to shoot 3s for the most part and they didn’t fall.

It was right there — but those things happen in games where teams are evenly matched.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 am

Nonetheless, Zane Trace has plenty to be excited about and is definitely one of the Regional favorites. If Zane Trace adds one more piece, they have a decent shot at perhaps even a State title.

Exciting times in Kinnikinnick! :D
What piece do they need to add for that shot and where does it come from?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Good question.
I think they need a more pure scorer. Simone who can score and take pressure off Evans. Definsively I think they are ok. With new transfer rules unless the kid is in ZT he has to sit out 2nd half right? (Idk exactly on that rule I know someone will)

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Who is Simone?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

25th Street NW wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 pm Who is Simone?
lol "someone" my bad.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

But hey, Simone sounded good! I heard the kid is legit! lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”