SOC2 2019-2020

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC2 2019-2020

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Is it to early to start thinking about the new season coming in just 9 short months? We wish da Burg the best in their run, but its always fun to speculate for next season.

Who is the favorite? Who is losing who? Where will Eastern stand in the Big Division? Who is going to fill the Blevins and Holden spot?

Since im the South Webster posterboy I'd say we will stand in the top 3 next year. Returning a dynamite scorer in Brayden Bockway, Tannier Voirs and Trey the Truth Zimmerman, Andrew Sharpshootin Smith on the point, as well as Gabe "The best hair in scioto county" Ruth. I believe thats your starting 5. Also we have a hot freshman coming in with basketball in his blood Jaren Lower, the son of south webster legend Justin Lower. I'm excited for next year already. I've also heard the Webster 5th-6th grade team is dominant but thats a few years away with that Roberts boy....

What do you think SEOPS?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tigersfan2019
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 2019-2020

Post by Tigersfan2019 »

Waverly should be right there for the soc title... There actually going to have some size this year along with 2 reallly good.
Grauds and trey and Stalley. Whats everyone else thinks

Tanner Smallwood
Zeke brown
Payton Shoemaker and Hayden shanks

So heres my starting five for Waverly next season
1 Trey Robertson
2 Marcum Stalley
3 Hayden shanks
4 Zeke brown
5 Tanner Smallwood
6 Man Payton shoemaker
Couple other guys coming off the bench cant think of them but they will be pretty good...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

League looks down overall next year. Way, way-too-early predictions (and as always, subject to change when free agency begins!):

1. Burg (Truitt/Miller/McCorkle is a nice returning nucleus)
2. Waverly (not much of a dropoff in Waverly...Robertson going to be special)
3. South Webster (Bockway could be conference POY and look for Voiers/Zimmerman to have big years)
4. Oak Hill (still have Hammond and still have Norm)
5. Minford (expecting a bounce-back year from Falcons)
6. Valley (about a year away from being near top of conference again)
7. Eastern Pike (lose a lot to graduation but wont be down for long)
8. West
9. Northwest

POY: Truitt or Bockway
COY: Ater or Robertson

As swanker said, good luck to Burg on their run this year and looking forward to next season already!*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:08 am League looks down overall next year. Way, way-too-early predictions (and as always, subject to change when free agency begins!):

1. Burg (Truitt/Miller/McCorkle is a nice returning nucleus)
2. Waverly (not much of a dropoff in Waverly...Robertson going to be special)
3. South Webster (Bockway could be conference POY and look for Voiers/Zimmerman to have big years)
4. Oak Hill (still have Hammond and still have Norm)
5. Minford (expecting a bounce-back year from Falcons)
6. Valley (about a year away from being near top of conference again)
7. Eastern Pike (lose a lot to graduation but wont be down for long)
8. West
9. Northwest

POY: Truitt or Bockway
COY: Ater or Robertson

As swanker said, good luck to Burg on their run this year and looking forward to next season already!*
I like your list. However, I think Hammond may be the overall favorite for league POY. Had a very good season next year and will be 'the man' for Oak Hill next year with another year of Norm's coaching under his belt.

Very anxious to see the McCorkle kid next year, I think he's going to be a good one.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: yeah, that was an oversight on my part...Hammond definitely in the mix (if not the favorite) with the others listed. Also heard Coriell might be back playing next year for Webster which would make them even tougher.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:59 am bbjunky: yeah, that was an oversight on my part...Hammond definitely in the mix (if not the favorite) with the others listed. Also heard Coriell might be back playing next year for Webster which would make them even tougher.*
I thought Corriel was a senior this year? that would be YUGE

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”