New Boston vs Berlin Hiland, D4 Regional Championship, 3/15 7pm

Hulk
Waterboy

Re: New Boston vs Berlin Hiland, D4 Regional Championship, 3/15 7pm

Post by Hulk »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:03 pm
Hulk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm I know New Boston is a very small school ,How many Boys in New Boston School ,and How Many boys in Berlin ?

Just curious the difference.
113 to 39 but New Boston has competitive balance of 31. So they have 7 out of district kids on the basketball team

So the competitive balance ,is that all boys or boys and girls?

Both these teams are very good for such low numbers , usually what you see in private schools.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The real Hoosiers (Milan high school) had an enrollment of 162 kids, 58 of the 73 boys tried out for the team. Muncie Central had 1,662 kids and Indiana didn't have different classes until a couple decades ago. That would be like New Boston playing Moeller now. Just amazing how they could win the state title in the one class system in 1954 and they had also played in the final 4 the previous year in 1953. They went into a stall with 4 minutes left and down 2 points and were very patient , a virtue that not many teams have nowadays with that thing they call the 3 point shot running amuck on most nights. The real Jimmy Chitwood (Bobby Plump) was a state legend forever after that game. On a side note the team that won it the next 2 years (55 and 56) Crispus Attucks had a fellow on the team that some of us oldtimers might be familiar with ........ the Big "O", Oscar Robertson.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QaBoYTf0iW
*The video in this article is what we all dreamed of as kids*

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tiger#24
Waterboy

Post by Tiger#24 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm
Prime Time wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 am I’m not counting New Boston out, actually I think they got just as much a chance at winning as Hiland is winning. Game planning, never give up, play your game and rebound, rebound and hit half your three pointers. Tigers has to believe and even the so called better team can be taken down. Good Luck and believe this is the Year of The Tiger! Tigers by 3 Make it Rain! Tigers are the Storm! Remember they beat a very good physical Trimble team.
Hiland would snuff out Trimble by 40pts... no comparison
@SwankerPine We'll see when the time comes their ranking is just a number don't count us out so early
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBK2b43KEg8

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

This is where the teams still playing are very good. Coach Cox will find out that this is going to be a tough team to coach against and he will have to be sharp.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Good luck to the scioto county team,New Boston .

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hiland by 25

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wishing nothing but the best for the New Boston Glenwood Tigers ! ... underdog ? yep ... but what's new ?!! just coming out of New Boston you're considered an "underdog" in EVERYTHING from BASKETBALL to life in general ... folks don't give YOU or NB a chance ... underdogs have nothing to lose and everything to win ... growing up in NB myself I KNOW the underdog label - but it only takes looking back at the past - those who have come from NB ahead of you to KNOW that coming from NB is a blessing ! - you LEARN to get what you want on the basketball court, in life ONLY by working your butt off, NEVER taking "you can't win" to heart ...take it as a basketball/LIFE challenge to SHOW the naysayers ... to PROVE the naysayers wrong ... NOTHING in basketball/life is a given !!! the ONLY thing that IS a given is the fight IN YOU, the WILL TO WIN inside of YOU ... it's called PRIDE IN YOURSELF, IN YOUR SCHOOL, IN PLAYING FOR YOUR TEAM/TEAMMATES ... best of luck to the Tigers !!! play with pride, and the knowledge that YOU WILL HAVE GIVEN ALL YOU HAVE ON THAT CONVO COURT tomorrow night ... when YOU KNOW you have done THAT - win or lose YOU ARE A WINNER ...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye had a pretty good team this year I have never left a game until halftime vs Hiland this year. Fort did make a run and lose by like 19 but Hiland was so much better

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 pm ... wishing nothing but the best for the New Boston Glenwood Tigers ! ... underdog ? yep ... but what's new ?!! just coming out of New Boston you're considered an "underdog" in EVERYTHING from BASKETBALL to life in general ... folks don't give YOU or NB a chance ... underdogs have nothing to lose and everything to win ... growing up in NB myself I KNOW the underdog label - but it only takes looking back at the past - those who have come from NB ahead of you to KNOW that coming from NB is a blessing ! - you LEARN to get what you want on the basketball court, in life ONLY by working your butt off, NEVER taking "you can't win" to heart ...take it as a basketball/LIFE challenge to SHOW the naysayers ... to PROVE the naysayers wrong ... NOTHING in basketball/life is a given !!! the ONLY thing that IS a given is the fight IN YOU, the WILL TO WIN inside of YOU ... it's called PRIDE IN YOURSELF, IN YOUR SCHOOL, IN PLAYING FOR YOUR TEAM/TEAMMATES ... best of luck to the Tigers !!! play with pride, and the knowledge that YOU WILL HAVE GIVEN ALL YOU HAVE ON THAT CONVO COURT tomorrow night ... when YOU KNOW you have done THAT - win or lose YOU ARE A WINNER ...
Well said, PFloyd. As a valley boy from the river myself, I agree totally.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the New Boston Tigers on a very successful season. You had not only a great season, but a very good tournament run. No one can ever take this season away from you, and all of SEO are very proud of you.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Clay in 2017
Peebles in 2018
New Boston in 2019

All 3 runs gave their communities joy.

Tip of the cap.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

New Boston’s AAU style definitely played into the far superior athletes of Hiland. They love to get out and run. Berlin will probably win state

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm New Boston’s AAU style definitely played into the far superior athletes of Hiland. They love to get out and run
Caught a little bit of it on the computer and I was trying to figure out what NB’s game plan was. Not sure what they were trying to or hoping to do. Regardless it didn’t matter because Hiland was just so dominant. Hiland could be in the Final Four at the D2 and D3 level. Just wow. Very impressed

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to Berlin Hiland as you move on to the Final 4.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Hopping we can represent the east southeast district at state with a state title,these kids live basketball 24-7,there are very lucky players, with family support,a community support and business support,we're lucky to have the best of everything

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hawks1112 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm Hopping we can represent the east southeast district at state with a state title,these kids live basketball 24-7,there are very lucky players, with family support,a community support and business support,we're lucky to have the best of everything
Berlin definitely plays a beautiful basketball. Pass up a good shot for a great shot. Good luck vs St Henry

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Hiland is legit. Probably the best fundamentally sound high school team I’ve ever seen.
I was very impressed. With out a doubt the best team I’ve seen play this year.
Put them in D3, they probably win state.

Congrats to new Boston on a heck of season!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

In the last two years Hiland has played 4 games in the Convo. 3 of those went to a running clock.

In the Regionals.

Team Fundamental.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm Clay in 2017
Peebles in 2018
New Boston in 2019

All 3 runs gave their communities joy.

Tip of the cap.
Congrats to New Boston on a great run. Hiland is just a different kid of team. We hit back to back years getting Africentric then Harvest Prep. Now Hiland is the thorn in our sides. Great team and coaching. To be the best we have to beat the best. Hit it hard and prepare for November and another year of hoops. Congrats to Caldwell on a great career. Well done young man.

Return to “Boys Basketball”