Southeastern coach

Tuxedo
Waterboy

Re: Southeastern coach

Post by Tuxedo »

So, has a coach been hired yet? I keep seeing Adams is going to be the coach, but haven’t seen any in the Gazette or WKKJ to confirm it.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Tuxedo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:04 pm So, has a coach been hired yet? I keep seeing Adams is going to be the coach, but haven’t seen any in the Gazette or WKKJ to confirm it.
They will officially hire after April 30th. If Coach Adams wants it I would expect him to be hired at the next board meeting. Not sure if he has officially resigned from the girls position yet, he may just not apply if he is going to the boys side. Have seen P.J. Fitch mentioned for coaching positions on other threads. He does work at Southeastern through the ESC. Not sure if he had any interests in the SE job but I would shocked if Coach Adams wasn't hired in early May. Hopefully it is soon so they can get some workouts started and be ready for summer ball to begin.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Tuxedo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:04 pm So, has a coach been hired yet? I keep seeing Adams is going to be the coach, but haven’t seen any in the Gazette or WKKJ to confirm it.
It was confirmed last night. Mike Adams becomes the 18th. head coach in program history. Coming over from the girls side where he had success (105-63) the last 7 seasons hopefully correlates to wins on the boys side as well. Best of luck, He will do a good job and hopefully get us back to our winning ways. Last year starting 2 freshman, the Panthers took their lumps and hopefully went through their growing pains. Return pretty much everyone and should be much improved and heading for better days in the future.

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

Post by The Great Pumpkin »

Glad they finally got this done. Coach Adams has a good class coming through with the current freshmen, soon to be sophomores. He had a nice class like that with the girls and was very successful with them. I look for him to repeat that success with the boys.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

A lot of chatter for months then crickets...How has the summer been going? I Haven't been able to check out any shootouts or games.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

With summer shootouts wrapping up , I guess I'll take no news as good news. Looking forward to the season.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

well havent herd much but one thing did see is the lost there center transferd out

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

well havent herd much but one thing did see is they lost there center transferd out and rumors flying that ruby isnt playing going to get ready for college football

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Who was their center and where he go?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

public_transport wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:21 pm Who was their center and where he go?
... saw on another post that Unioto may have a big who transferred in over the summer - is this possibly where the SE'ern center went ? Unioto?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:23 pm
public_transport wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:21 pm Who was their center and where he go?
... saw on another post that Unioto may have a big who transferred in over the summer - is this possibly where the SE'ern center went ? Unioto?
Yes sir! Wheeler from SE is a Sherman now!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm
... thanks mlittle !!! LOL ... what kind of size is Wheeler ? is he a work in progress or will he make an impact early on ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 pm

... thanks mlittle !!! LOL ... what kind of size is Wheeler ? is he a work in progress or will he make an impact early on ?
He’s pushing 6’5. Not a lot of meat on the bones but athletic. Dunking 2 hands with ease. Should be an immediate impact player on both ends of the floor

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:34 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 pm

He’s pushing 6’5. Not a lot of meat on the bones but athletic. Dunking 2 hands with ease. Should be an immediate impact player on both ends of the floor
Question will he be eligible to play the second half of the season? With the rule they sit the last 11 games and tourney? Just asking

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Wheeler is fine to play all year at The U. He moved into the district.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:20 pm Wheeler is fine to play all year at The U. He moved into the district.
Correct! He’ll be eligible the entire season. And should help the depth of an already deep team.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Best of luck to Wheeler. He never left the court last year and will be missed. Does anyone have any news about how the PANTHERS looked this summer? They return about everyone and I was curious to how they were getting along but there was not a lot of talk.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I see Grandview Hts is traveling to Richmond Dale on December 23 to play the Panthers. Can not find a SE schedule to verify but the game is on the Grandview Hts schedule. Grandview Hts has dropped to Division IV for the upcoming year and have a very good group of players coming back- 3 starters in Luke Lachey, Brian Collier and Lance Trares and 6 players that came off the bench. Looking forward to see the Bobcats play a Southeast District team.

PantherAlum
Waterboy

Post by PantherAlum »

Also sorry to see Wheeler leave but at least his Dad is going with him! He’s the Shermans problem now!

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Wow Unioto will be glad to have him and his Dad
His Dad told them to get rid of the problem
And they didn’t he was staying there but rehired the biggest problem and his son wanted out
Don’t blame him one bit

Return to “Boys Basketball”