SE DIV III Athens Regional

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: SE DIV III Athens Regional

Post by burgfella69 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm I will take a beating for this but I do not believe Burg had "one of the better D3 teams around here in a while".

Wheelersburg was good. But Tanner Holden covered up so many issues that team. Couple that in with D3 and the SOC being way down and you get a team that runs off 25 in a row.

I have been watching basketball in Scioto County since birth. This Burg team was not one of the best 5 Wheelersburg teams I have seen in that period. I feel both state teams (06 and 07 I believe) were better. I believe 99-00 was better. I believe 94-95 was better. I could make a case for any of the Burl teams being better. I feel he was a better player than Holden all around. Andrew was never given a chance to score 50 in blowouts or he easily would have. That said, this Burg team was good. But they were there because of Tanner.

Teams that have a more balanced roster will be able to compete with the HP's of the world going forward.
Tanner dropped 50 on East Liverpool in a 13 point win. I think the game was pretty close because Liverpool did have athletes. Game is on Youtube. Russell game was fairly back and forth, Burg only pulled away BECAUSE of Tanner. Tanner was even pulled out in both games before the 2 minute mark of the fourth quarter. Quit dogging on Tanner and respect the fact that he's one of the best players in this area's history.
Who dogged Tanner?

Pretty sure that two of the sentences were nothing but compliments of him. But of course go ahead and read what you want.
I believe this Wheelersburg team was as good as any other Wheelersburg team when they were shooting well. On any given night, Mullins, Salyers, Truitt could catch fire and that production alongside Holden was lethal. Didn't see it in the tournament but it did happen a few times in the regular season.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

If Zane Trace drops to D3, they will get to state pretty easy. They were definitely better than Wheelersburg. Also Harvest Prep will lose a lot. Evans vs Anthony next year will be fun to watch

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Didn’t little ole Eastern Pike beat Harvest Prep?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

smurray wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm Didn’t little ole Eastern Pike beat Harvest Prep?
No that was Africentric and they were a 7 seed in the central this year.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm Didn’t little ole Eastern Pike beat Harvest Prep?
No that was Africentric and they were a 7 seed in the central this year.
Thats right, sorry.

Return to “Boys Basketball”