State Tourney (Us Rural rooter's have a 4 out of 16 chance)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

State Tourney (Us Rural rooter's have a 4 out of 16 chance)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cleveland / Akron metro has 5 teams (3 Catholic, 1 Parochial, 1 Public)
Columbus metro has 3 teams (2 Public, 1 Parochial)
Cincinnati metro has 2 teams (2 Catholic)
Dayton metro has 1 team. (Public)
Toledo metro has 1 team. (Catholic)

That leaves the other's of us in the state to root for 4 rural teams:

DII (Thornville/Somerset/Glenford) = SHERIDAN

DIV (Berlin) = HILAND & ST. HENRY who have to play each other in semi
(Convoy) = CRESTVIEW

* Let us just keep pretending everything is equal and just. Now, let's all sing "Kumbaya" *

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bbjunky81
SEO

Re: State Tourney (Us Rural rooter's have a 4 out of 16 chance)

Post by bbjunky81 »

Hiland and Crestview would be an awesome state championship to watch. Convoy more talent (2 D1 players), but Hiland deeper.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
GroveCityBnR
Waterboy

Post by GroveCityBnR »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:32 am Cleveland / Akron metro has 5 teams (3 Catholic, 1 Parochial, 1 Public)

(Convoy) = CRESTVIEW

* Let us just keep pretending everything is equal and just. Now, let's all sing "Kumbaya" *
Division 2 and 4 will both be won by a public school. Are you suggesting that we should have separate public and private tournaments AND rural and urban championships?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

GroveCityBnR wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:32 am Cleveland / Akron metro has 5 teams (3 Catholic, 1 Parochial, 1 Public)

(Convoy) = CRESTVIEW

Division 2 and 4 will both be won by a public school. Are you suggesting that we should have separate public and private tournaments AND rural and urban championships?
IMO, you are correct about DII because Trotwood (The Dayton metro area public) will win easily and in DIV all 4 schools are public anyway so sure a public school will win. Richmond Hts. (Cleveland /Akron metro area public) 4th school and odd ball out in my schools for that division. As for the public / private debate I guess I'm one of the few that say yes to that. As far as urban / rural no way in that itself but IMO only , OHSAA has turned a blind eye to a lot of irregularities over the years and with the advent of more and more "winning" parochials popping up out of nowhere in recent decades (both boys/girls) in the smaller divisions especially around highly populated urban areas and as we used to say in the country, "something ain't right in the henhouse". I lived in a rural area my first 32 years in Ohio/Wv and have lived in Columbus for the last 30 years so I've seen both sides of the coin. At least in the first 70 years or so you probably had high schools in 60 or so of the 88 counties that in different years at least had a real chance or made it to the state tournament and in the last 20-25 years that # has probably been cut to about 1/3 of that number. Some people refer to it as an uneven playing field and some use other terms.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Well, we now know there will be one champion crowned that is not from the 4 bountiful metro areas of the state and that is a wonderful thing for the rest of the state.

* The Athens regional winners play for 2 championships tomorrow, albeit both are from the East and Central districts but that would be a first in the same year from the SE if it were to happen.*

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m not sure that simply because teams come to Athens for Regional games that we can claim them.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 pm I’m not sure that simply because teams come to Athens for Regional games that we can claim them.
Agree, just saying I don't think 2 Regional winners coming from playing at the Convo have ever won a championship the same year. Lol :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”