Another 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball :30 in the Napkin Stat "book" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Another 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball :30 in the Napkin Stat "book" ...

Post by pfloyd »

... and just like that the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... Basketball :30 is over ... a great way to end a great 3 week run with the D2 regional finale - Sheridan 55 New Philly 53 OT a final ... the Generals will be playing at the Show in C'bus this coming week ... congratulations ... what a great time over the post season ... 30 games I took in ... did napkin stats for all of them ... tough to post game rundowns on ALL of them but we did our best with the time (and typing abilities I possess) ...

... some "tips of my hat" go to those who ran the show at the Convo ! Wayne Horsley & his outstanding staff who put in soooo much time in making sure everything ran smoothly - great job AGAIN Wayne - thank you for the hospitality ... Lou Horvath - the Voice of High School Basketball/Basketball :30 - such a pleasure to check in with you for 3 weeks ! along with Chad, Brad & Franklin - class acts one and all ...

... thank you Matt Ash ! you've provided me once again a chance to represent SEOPs at the Convo ... SEOAB representatives ! Stephanie Evans the best looking of the SEOAB members thanks so much for getting Tootsie Rolls back into the Hospitality Room during the District play ! you are the best ...

... LucasDavenport - it's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance this season and then to spend time this past 3 Weeks at the Convo - priceless ... we both enjoy the game of basketball , I enjoyed bouncing our take of all of the hoops we saw off each other ... between the 2 of us I feel we established a definite SEOPs presence at the Convo this year ...

... thank you to Gracie ! the video technician for the Convo-tron ! I put the bug in her ear about getting the purple hippo & Pink Floyd on the Convo-tron ... she ran with it ! and the purple hippo was on the Convo-tron for the biggest part of the 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball :30 ...

... it was great to talk with so many SEOP posters ... made many new acquaintances ... met up with many many old friends from the 19 years on jjhuddle & seops ... basketball - a great way to keep in touch with so many fine fans from all over SEOhio ...

... the coaches of SEO are the best around - many made their way up to the Cheap Seats during the 3 weeks ... many others found me courtside to chat ... I was humbled by the Jackson TEAM, coaches & radio broadcasters who introduced themselves to me in the Cheap Seats , wishing me well in my CT scans and in my fight vs cancer ... then Coach Cox of New Boston Glenwood called myself & Lou into the Tiger's locker room before their regional final game ... what a great thrill to be introduced as pfloyd to those young men and to be given an opportunity to say a few words to those players before they played ... both of these moments in time will be cherished memories for this old basketball fan ...

... and then there was the basketball ! great post season of hoops in the Round House ... and as I have said many times before - I thank the players, the coaches for their time put in over the course of a season to bring such great performances to us , the fans of the game from the first week in December to the 3rd week in March ... you are all special people ... my respect you have earned - thank you all ...

... my last game of the 2018-19 campaign is in the books ... I thank all who have given the Elite 8 a read ! looking forward to NEXT season ! as my 1 year CT scans/blood draws gave me N.E.D. for another year ! MY "W" for the season ... the Preseason Elite 8 is just around the corner ! ... looking forward to using the information from the threads on the basketball forum, the knowledge garnered from watching so many games to get a good preseason ranking put together ...

Thank you all.
pfloyd

(more)

peake71
All Conference

Re: Another 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball :30 in the Napkin Stat "book" ...

Post by peake71 »

Another year down. Great job as usual pfloyd, cant wait for the pre-season rankings. Plan on going to several shoot outside this summer.
Always enjoy talking with you, hopefully to see you at the Beasts next year, and somewhere along the way.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

really appreciate you Pfloyd! You do such a great job

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 am really appreciate you Pfloyd! You do such a great job
... it's easy to do matt ! with ALL of the like-minded fans of high school basketball out there ... the coaches, the families of players, the players themselves ... I truly have no idea how to spend my time from the last week of November thru mid- March other than doing what I do near a basketball court ... glad I can be of service to SEOPS.com ! ... I'll be going through withdraws for the next few weeks !!! LOL ... last year I had a job that kept me away from the June summer hoops "circuit" - no job this summer ... June hoops shootouts it is !!!

... thanks for YOUR support mattash !!! ... I hope that I have enhanced your sports site with what I do ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”