Congrats to Harvest Prep !

JTEK
All State

Re: Congrats to Harvest Prep !

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm
Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:25 pm That's right ,if you are only here to trash HP who is on the thread header you shouldn't have even clicked on here right?
Correct
Guessing the Hulk is a local guy who joined 6 weeks ago either because he was kicked off or just wanted a 2nd or 3rd identity to trash local teams

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:53 pm Congrats to the kids on making it to state again ,they worked hard to get here so they deserve a lot of CREDIT I know all kids are not from that district but from what I have read :it's not HP problem if them kids want to come and play for one of the best programs in the state even though people get butt hurt about it it is all legal in the eyes of OHHSAA so deal with it .now let's try to stay away from the name calling and profanity on this thread and not have the classless post like before.
It’s actually a situation created by the Ohio Legislature and Congress. School choice is a real thing.
That for clearing that up ,it was good talking to you for just a minute,you do a great job.

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

JTEK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:25 pm That's right ,if you are only here to trash HP who is on the thread header you shouldn't have even clicked on here right?
Correct
Guessing the Hulk is a local guy who joined 6 weeks ago either because he was kicked off or just wanted a 2nd or 3rd identity to trash local teams
Guessing can get you in trouble.

Show me or a moderator where I trashed anyone and they can "kick me off" oh the sleep I will lose

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm Woby your third paragraph above, I find quite amusing . I see it as the other team did it better than Wheelersburg does it.
Prime time you’re reaching. Burg has been winning championships way before open enrollment. It’s their programs. Sure a few may change schools to the burg but a few leave as well. Prep schools in basketball have a distinctive advantage. Don’t believe me, look at the final four d3. All privates. Again how can you not agree if you’re team is a public school? Oh well. Different mindset.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:14 pm
JTEK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Correct
Guessing can get you in trouble.

Show me or a moderator where I trashed anyone and they can "kick me off" oh the sleep I will lose
LMAO ,some of you people kill me . Why should Parker go to Burg?? Not everyone bows down and kisses burgs ass or think playing there is going to get them to The NFL!
He is a great player and will definitely get a chance that very few kids get and play at the next level ,where ever that may be ,as far as Ohio State , Urban at least thinks he has the talent and skills or he would not have been recruiting him ,I'm sure everyone understands that don't mean they want him just that they show interest how many other kids get that? Urban has called him multiple times and Parker has went to the last few Buckeye's games including the beat down of Ichigan with a sideline pass ,let the kid enjoy what is one of the great times of his young life ,SMFH

Hulk

Lol. Relax but you are angry.

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

And?

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

Even the moderators can't stay on topic ,but I'm sure like all the burg threads where different posters start posting facts that burg posters don't like you will be locking this thread to . That's how it works?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

old school SEOPS!

Burg does draw in kids from different districts, its known. heck both of my nieces were from Webster and one transferred to burg and another played basketball at minford for a year. who cares. kids who play sports want to win. When Webster gets hot kids want to stay home and play here. it happens

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Harvest Prep is probably a 15-20 point underdog to Purcell Marian. Purcell Marian will be far more athletic than Harvest Prep and a lot taller. Purcell Marian lost to the D3 state champ Deer Park in overtime last year. Purcell has everything back. They play schools like Moeller

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:56 pm old school SEOPS!

Burg does draw in kids from different districts, its known. heck both of my nieces were from Webster and one transferred to burg and another played basketball at minford for a year. who cares. kids who play sports want to win. When Webster gets hot kids want to stay home and play here. it happens
Just like the old saying " all is fair in love and war " :twisted:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:11 pm
Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

So you live in Columbus and are a member on preps?
Point taken
I'm in Ontario, which is halfway between Columbus and Cleveland. :P
That's right around the Mansfield area if i'm correct. I remember Clear Fork and Lexington having good high school teams in various sports over the years in that area. :D
You're correct, I work at AK Steel in Mansfield.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:03 pm Harvest Prep is probably a 15-20 point underdog to Purcell Marian. Purcell Marian will be far more athletic than Harvest Prep and a lot taller. Purcell Marian lost to the D3 state champ Deer Park in overtime last year. Purcell has everything back. They play schools like Moeller
I agree. Purcell-Marian should win and it wouldn't shock me if it gets fairly ugly. 15-20 underdogs seems like a fair line to open.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:46 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:03 pm Harvest Prep is probably a 15-20 point underdog to Purcell Marian. Purcell Marian will be far more athletic than Harvest Prep and a lot taller. Purcell Marian lost to the D3 state champ Deer Park in overtime last year. Purcell has everything back. They play schools like Moeller
I agree. Purcell-Marian should win and it wouldn't shock me if it gets fairly ugly. 15-20 underdogs seems like a fair line to open.
Have you seen Marian? I don't know much about them.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:46 am
Have you seen Marian? I don't know much about them.
I watched some highlights of them last year and this year. They nearly knocked off Deer Park last year in the regionals (overtime) and Deer Park went on to win the championship.

Here's the entire game film of them vs. a very good Deer Park team this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d_wZ5FW39A

Here's highlights of one of their better players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fKq9l89Cm0&t=26s

Another long athletic player in 6'6" Bryan Warah. Strong guard/forward hybrid who averages around 20 a night in Lyons.

Here's a link to their schedule which is loaded with strong D1 competition: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pu ... hedule.htm

What separates them from Harvest is their length. Purcell-Marian is insanely long and has several players that play above the rim. Harvest seems to shoot the ball from the outside a little better but length wise they're definitely at a disadvantage. I will be very, very surprised if Harvest beats them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Harvest Prep Warriors on their regional championship.......and also to the Wheelersburg Pirates for a great season. The Burg played a very respectable game vs. Prep, down only 4 going into the 4th quarter. Perhaps what hurt the Pirates more than anything was that they didn't take full advantage of the Warriors not scoring in the 2nd quarter. WHS only scored 6 points, and still trailed at the half.

Prep won the regional last year and lost in the state semifinal.......Purcell Marian will be a tough hurdle to get past to advance to the final, but the Warriors have some good talent themselves. Having been to the state tournament for about 35 years, I've seen quite a few favorites come out on the short end of the scoreboard......it's the state tournament, and that alone makes some teams play below their capabilities.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:31 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm in Ontario, which is halfway between Columbus and Cleveland. :P
That's right around the Mansfield area if i'm correct. I remember Clear Fork and Lexington having good high school teams in various sports over the years in that area. :D
You're correct, I work at AK Steel in Mansfield.
Go Warriors (Ontario, not HP)! What a job Balogh did this year huh?

As someone who currently lives in Central Ohio, I can tell you that there aren't many people here rooting for Harvest Prep either.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ugly game. Too many unforced turnovers, missed layups, charges, missed f/t's, player control fouls and kicked balls but when you have 2 city teams against each other they always play fast and have talent but fundamentals tend to fall by the wayside. Ugghhh !!!!! (33 turnovers in the game).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Again, you prove to be soooo good at your prognostications

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Harvest Prep was a very good team and very well coached. I have to give it up to HP’s coach. I thought their kids handled themselves with class. I did go to the Schott and watch the Finals. What a game between Lutheran East and HP. (Athleticism was off the Chart!) It did get a little sloppy at times but that was caused by the other team’s defense.

I thought this was the year the Southeastern District had a legitimate chance to win the Regional and compete for the state title. (Wheelersburg) I think it will be a while before we see that scenario again (at least in Div. III)

Of course teams getting hot at the right time does happen but with the Columbus powers in D-III now that is less likely. It’s going to be a long off-season. Let’s just fast forward to November!!!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

East/SE has very little chance to beat the team out of Columbus in the regionals

Return to “Boys Basketball”