SOC All Star Game

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC All Star Game

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

D1 defeated D2 in the girls game. Detweiller led all with 21

Wheelersburg girl-boy combo won the three point contest with 17 made treys in 30 seconds.

D1 defeated D2 87 or 88 to 85 in the boys contest. Shiloah Blevins was the star with 3 monster slams and 3 threes from beyond the volley line. Two oops from Holden. Holden also had a play where he drew the foul after the bucket, threw it off the iron to himself with the two handed slam.

Always good to see the SOC’s best on the floor together.
That’s a wrap. See you in December.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: SOC All Star Game

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

SOC-I won both the Boys and Girls games?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 pm SOC-I won both the Boys and Girls games?
Yes. The girls game was pretty competitive. The boys game was mostly the dunk and crazy shots show.

To be fair though it was the all star game... mostly shenanigans. It’s not like Holden and Blevins and the rest of the squad were trying to kill them. Holden was just throwing nice passes around and shooting a couple threes.

During the last minute the D2 team was fouling to get D1 to the line. The fouls went from 0 to 7 in two possessions 😂

Also they put 16 minutes on the clock per half and change ten players on the floor every 4 minutes.

Hammond and Darby did not attend

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Was this game only for Seniors ? Don't know why Darby wouldn't attend, Hammond is only a Junior.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

VetteMan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm Was this game only for Seniors ? Don't know why Darby wouldn't attend, Hammond is only a Junior

Yes it was only seniors.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:31 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 pm SOC-I won both the Boys and Girls games?
Yes. The girls game was pretty competitive. The boys game was mostly the dunk and crazy shots show.

To be fair though it was the all star game... mostly shenanigans. It’s not like Holden and Blevins and the rest of the squad were trying to kill them. Holden was just throwing nice passes around and shooting a couple threes.

During the last minute the D2 team was fouling to get D1 to the line. The fouls went from 0 to 7 in two possessions 😂

Also they put 16 minutes on the clock per half and change ten players on the floor every 4 minutes.

Hammond and Darby did not attend
Seemed to me the SOC 1 took the game a little more serious. I thought the SOC 2 could have easily win the boys game. I was glad to see a uptempo game though it's better to watch.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The D2 jumped out to a 12-0 lead early on then it was just the globetrotter game for them. It means nothing

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

If you think anyone takes this game seriously you lost ur mind

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Just curious and I may be wrong. Why does Webster have the preview and the all star game every year? Not that i'm complaining about it :)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Could be seating and parking, and kind of a central location if you count green and symmes valley and oak hill and also St Joe next season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”