Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

Post by pfloyd » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Image Image
Attachments
IMG_8719 (1).jpg
Shootout 1 (2).jpg

VetteMan
SE

Re: Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

Post by VetteMan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Pfloyd, I know how nice the High School Gym is,as I've been in it numerous times. Do they also have another Gym in the High School ? I know how impressive the new Chieftain Center looked in the pictures. Does it have a Portable floor for basketball, volleyball etc, or is it a permanent floor?

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Re: Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

Post by pfloyd » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:28 am

VetteMan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm
Pfloyd, I know how nice the High School Gym is,as I've been in it numerous times. Do they also have another Gym in the High School ? I know how impressive the new Chieftain Center looked in the pictures. Does it have a Portable floor for basketball, volleyball etc, or is it a permanent floor?
There is an auxiliary gym in the high school BUT there are 4 permanent full size courts in the Chieftain Center that will be used ( the courts are made of a rubberized surface that is the closest you can buy that simulates hardwood floors - they will be lined for both hoops and volleyball) ...

VetteMan
SE

Post by VetteMan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:28 am
VetteMan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm
There is an auxiliary gym in the high school BUT there are 4 permanent full size courts in the Chieftain Center that will be used ( the courts are made of a rubberized surface that is the closest you can buy that simulates hardwood floors - they will be lined for both hoops and volleyball) ...
Thanks for the Info.

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:44 pm

... sounds like it will a great one to participate in ... a little "TEAM" building on top of the 2 days of hoops ! ... the hotel is literally within walking distance of 3 restaurants - the Millstone, the Hungry Buffalo and if you like Mexican- La Cascada is right there as well ... good stuff ... will be interesting to see what teams register to participate ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 pm

If Coach Myers and/or Coy Blair the Coordinator for the Chieftain Center Operations let me know the teams who have committed "when they do commit" I will post the Teams on this thread ... I'm excited to go watch JUST TO GET INTO THE CHIEFTAIN CENTER and see it when it is finished ! LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:24 pm

ANNNNNND !!! for the over-nighters YOU HAVE GOT TO make a trip to Pizza Crossing in Logan !!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm

This sounds great. Hope they have some quality teams come in . Good way to show the new Field House . I think Coy will be doing a great job promoting these events . Basketball in the Summer sounds good.

VetteMan
SE

Post by VetteMan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 pm

pfloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 pm
If Coach Myers and/or Coy Blair the Coordinator for the Chieftain Center Operations let me know the teams who have committed "when they do commit" I will post the Teams on this thread ... I'm excited to go watch JUST TO GET INTO THE CHIEFTAIN CENTER and see it when it is finished ! LOL ...
Is the Chieftain Center operating now, or is it still in the construction stage ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:25 am

VetteMan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 pm
pfloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 pm
Is the Chieftain Center operating now, or is it still in the construction stage ?
Still under construction ... this will be one of if not THE first events in the new facility ... looking forward to seeing it, being in it and using it !

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:51 am

pfloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:24 pm
ANNNNNND !!! for the over-nighters YOU HAVE GOT TO make a trip to Pizza Crossing in Logan !!!

Absolutely!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:32 am

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:51 am

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:09 pm

ttt ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 pm

ttt

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am

anymore news?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:25 pm

noreply66 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am
anymore news?
... haven't heard anything - don't know if any teams have responded, how many have responded ... I would be the last person to hear anything though ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:47 pm

There seems to be a lot of work yet to be done on the new fieldhouse . Sure hope they can get it ready by last of June.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:17 pm

I will be pleasantly shocked if its all done by June. I say dont rush it and take the time to make it perfect.

Live Like A Champion!

VetteMan
SE

Post by VetteMan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Just asking! Depending on how many teams sign up to participate, by using both gyms at the High School, plus doesn't the elementary school have a gym, it still seems feasible to be able to have the Shootout even if the Chieftain Center is not available. I saw Coal Grove have an 8 or 10 team shootout last year using 2 Gyms, and everything seems to go off pretty well. Is the elementary gym or the school not named after Katie Smith, or did I just dream that ?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm
Just asking! Depending on how many teams sign up to participate, by using both gyms at the High School, plus doesn't the elementary school have a gym, it still seems feasible to be able to have the Shootout even if the Chieftain Center is not available. I saw Coal Grove have an 8 or 10 team shootout last year using 2 Gyms, and everything seems to go off pretty well. Is the elementary gym or the school not named after Katie Smith, or did I just dream that ?
Have not heard any numbers or what teams but to answer your Question the Middle School Gym was used for High School games before the new high school was built. It was nick mamed the PURPLE PALACE by the Radio Crew and is a very nice facility. Later it was named after Katie Smith . If I recall she played 1 game against Warren in a double header with the Boys . Went by the new Chieftain Center last night and there is still a lot of work to be done . Agree with Logan Grad make sure it's done right and not hurried for any event . It should be a ficillity that will be something to talk about for sure.

VetteMan
SE

Post by VetteMan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Chieftain Fan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm
Have not heard any numbers or what teams but to answer your Question the Middle School Gym was used for High School games before the new high school was built. It was nick mamed the PURPLE PALACE by the Radio Crew and is a very nice facility. Later it was named after Katie Smith . If I recall she played 1 game against Warren in a double header with the Boys . Went by the new Chieftain Center last night and there is still a lot of work to be done . Agree with Logan Grad make sure it's done right and not hurried for any event . It should be a ficillity that will be something to talk about for sure.
Thank you for the Info.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 pm

It is very possible they are making the main focus on the gym part now so they can have it ready for the basketball. The rest can be worked on later. Still have in the area of 8 weeks to have the courts finished.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

pfloyd
SEOPS HO

Post by pfloyd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am

Received an update from Coach Myers at Logan ... as of 4/18 the following teams/schools have committed :

Teams attending as of 4/18/19 according to Coach Myers :

JUNE 24

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Jackson

JUNE 25

1. Logan (purple)