Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

Post by VetteMan »

Just asking! Depending on how many teams sign up to participate, by using both gyms at the High School, plus doesn't the elementary school have a gym, it still seems feasible to be able to have the Shootout even if the Chieftain Center is not available. I saw Coal Grove have an 8 or 10 team shootout last year using 2 Gyms, and everything seems to go off pretty well. Is the elementary gym or the school not named after Katie Smith, or did I just dream that ?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Hoops in the Hills: Boys HS Shootout V/JV (Logan High School & the Chieftain Center)

Post by Chieftain Fan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm Just asking! Depending on how many teams sign up to participate, by using both gyms at the High School, plus doesn't the elementary school have a gym, it still seems feasible to be able to have the Shootout even if the Chieftain Center is not available. I saw Coal Grove have an 8 or 10 team shootout last year using 2 Gyms, and everything seems to go off pretty well. Is the elementary gym or the school not named after Katie Smith, or did I just dream that ?
Have not heard any numbers or what teams but to answer your Question the Middle School Gym was used for High School games before the new high school was built. It was nick mamed the PURPLE PALACE by the Radio Crew and is a very nice facility. Later it was named after Katie Smith . If I recall she played 1 game against Warren in a double header with the Boys . Went by the new Chieftain Center last night and there is still a lot of work to be done . Agree with Logan Grad make sure it's done right and not hurried for any event . It should be a ficillity that will be something to talk about for sure.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm Just asking! Depending on how many teams sign up to participate, by using both gyms at the High School, plus doesn't the elementary school have a gym, it still seems feasible to be able to have the Shootout even if the Chieftain Center is not available. I saw Coal Grove have an 8 or 10 team shootout last year using 2 Gyms, and everything seems to go off pretty well. Is the elementary gym or the school not named after Katie Smith, or did I just dream that ?
Have not heard any numbers or what teams but to answer your Question the Middle School Gym was used for High School games before the new high school was built. It was nick mamed the PURPLE PALACE by the Radio Crew and is a very nice facility. Later it was named after Katie Smith . If I recall she played 1 game against Warren in a double header with the Boys . Went by the new Chieftain Center last night and there is still a lot of work to be done . Agree with Logan Grad make sure it's done right and not hurried for any event . It should be a ficillity that will be something to talk about for sure.
Thank you for the Info.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It is very possible they are making the main focus on the gym part now so they can have it ready for the basketball. The rest can be worked on later. Still have in the area of 8 weeks to have the courts finished.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Received an update from Coach Myers at Logan ... as of 4/18 the following teams/schools have committed :

Teams attending as of 4/18/19 according to Coach Myers :

JUNE 24

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Jackson

JUNE 25

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Wheelersburg
9. Oak Hill

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am Received an update from Coach Myers at Logan ... as of 4/18 the following teams/schools have committed :

JUNE 24

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Jackson

JUNE 25

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Wheelersburg
9. Oak Hill
Thanks Pfloyd. I wonder if they have a predetermined amount of teams that they are going to take, with the uncertainty surrounding the availability of the Chieftain Center ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am Received an update from Coach Myers at Logan ... as of 4/18 the following teams/schools have committed :

JUNE 24

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Jackson

JUNE 25

1. Logan (purple)
2. Logan (white)
3. Delaware Hayes
4. Utica
5. Marietta
6. Buckeye Trail
7. Hilliard Davidson
8. Wheelersburg
9. Oak Hill
Thanks Pfloyd. I wonder if they have a predetermined amount of teams that they are going to take, with the uncertainty surrounding the availability of the Chieftain Center ?
... I looked back at the flyers that Coach Myers sent me, doesn't say anything about a limit to the number of teams ... when Coach Myers sent me the "update" it had the email addresses to schools he has been sending info to - looked like most were Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line or East district teams ... good to see that Oak Hill/Wheelersburg/Jackson/Marietta from SEO will be participating at least one day of the shootout ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks Pfloyd. Are teams limited to how many Shootouts they are allowed to participate in during the summer? I see where Oak Hill is scheduled to also take part in the Chesapeake Shootout earlier in the month. There may not be a limit, I was just wondering.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:11 am Thanks Pfloyd. Are teams limited to how many Shootouts they are allowed to participate in during the summer? I see where Oak Hill is scheduled to also take part in the Chesapeake Shootout earlier in the month. There may not be a limit, I was just wondering.
... VetteMan - I may be wrong but I believe teams/schools have 10 days of "team" workouts/shootouts that they can use during the summer months - which is usually June so as not to conflict with football and other sports who have fall seasons ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:33 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:11 am Thanks Pfloyd. Are teams limited to how many Shootouts they are allowed to participate in during the summer? I see where Oak Hill is scheduled to also take part in the Chesapeake Shootout earlier in the month. There may not be a limit, I was just wondering.
... VetteMan - I may be wrong but I believe teams/schools have 10 days of "team" workouts/shootouts that they can use during the summer months - which is usually June so as not to conflict with football and other sports who have fall seasons ...
Thanks Pfloyd, I had no idea.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

You’re allowed 10 coaching days as a head coach as well as a couple of dead periods where no contact is enforced

Live Like A Champion!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Logangrad wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:20 am You’re allowed 10 coaching days as a head coach as well as a couple of dead periods where no contact is enforced
By saying "dead periods", do you mean open gym, but no Coaches or Supervision?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Haven't heard anything new with two weeks left. Haven't been down to the center for a while.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Three weeks to go?????

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Won't be at the center

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Teams that will be in attendance:
Logan
Logan Elm
Hilliard Davidson
Delaware Hayes
Southeastern
Utica
Jackson
Marietta
Oak Hill
Wheelersburg

Live Like A Champion!
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Is it possible to post a game schedule for tomorrow

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

If you get on Twitter I posted it there but I can’t on here for whatever reason

@KTD_theDuke

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Court #1

10am ... Logan vs Marietta
10:45... Utica vs Southeastern (Springfield)
11:30... Logan vs Oak Hill
12-1 Lunch
1:15 ... Hilliard Davidson Blue vs Logan Purple (Jv's)
2:00 ... Logan vs Wheelersburg
2:45 ... Marietta vs Delaware Hayes
3:30 ... HD Blue vs Oak Hill

Court #2

10am ... Wheelersburg vs Delaware Hayes
10:45 ... HD vs Oak Hill
11:30 ...Southeastern (Springfield) vs HD
12-1 ... Lunch
1:15 ... HD vs Delaware Hayes
2:00 ... Logan Purple vs Marietta
2:45 ...Wheelerburg vs Logan Purple
3:30 ... Utica vs Hilliard Davidson

Both Court 1 & 2 are in the main gym

Court #3 (auxiliary gym just down the hall from the main gym)

10am ... Logan Purple vs HD Blue
10:45 ... Marietta vs Wheelersburg
11:30 ... HD Blue vs Utica
12-1 ... Lunch
1:15 ... Oak HIll vs Southeastern (Springfield)
2:00 ... Utica vs Delware Hayes
2:45 ... Logan vs Southeastern (Springfield)

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 pm Court #1

10am ... Logan vs Marietta
10:45... Utica vs Southeastern (Springfield)
11:30... Logan vs Oak Hill
12-1 Lunch
1:15 ... Hilliard Davidson Blue vs Logan Purple (Jv's)
2:00 ... Logan vs Wheelersburg
2:45 ... Marietta vs Delaware Hayes
3:30 ... HD Blue vs Oak Hill

Court #2

10am ... Wheelersburg vs Delaware Hayes
10:45 ... HD vs Oak Hill
11:30 ...Southeastern (Springfield) vs HD
12-1 ... Lunch
1:15 ... HD vs Delaware Hayes
2:00 ... Logan Purple vs Marietta
2:45 ...Wheelerburg vs Logan Purple
3:30 ... Utica vs Hilliard Davidson

Both Court 1 & 2 are in the main gym

Court #3 (auxiliary gym just down the hall from the main gym)

10am ... Logan Purple vs HD Blue
10:45 ... Marietta vs Wheelersburg
11:30 ... HD Blue vs Utica
12-1 ... Lunch
1:15 ... Oak HIll vs Southeastern (Springfield)
2:00 ... Utica vs Delware Hayes
2:45 ... Logan vs Southeastern (Springfield)
How did today go? Any teams stick out?

Return to “Boys Basketball”