2019/2020 Trimble Tomcats

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019/2020 Trimble Tomcats

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Superman wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:09 am
Corner3 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:25 am Why are you all giving Coach Caldwell a hard time? The man has given 40 years of his life to coaching & making a difference in the lives of youth in Southeastern Ohio. Who cares if he’s chasing talent at this point.
It's not really about coach Caldwell. It is jealousy from the little brother on the other side of the hill.
Howie spent his best years learning from the master at Racine. Then when he took over he realized he's not Carl, so the program took a nose dive. He's chased talent ever since trying to make up for his short comings. He should have kept hanging from Carls coat tail a little longer and learned all his secrets.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I heard the Brown kid didn’t come out. He was a nice player and a key part of the team.

DUNKONE
Waterboy

Post by DUNKONE »

thetitanic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 pm I heard through the grape vine that a good player from trimble quit... but didn't get a name? did any of their good players quit?

It dont matter. My boy can make chicken salad outta chicken shite. Thats how he operated all them years in Racine. The talent pool ran dry. Thats why Carl left. But my boy just kept on winning. It aint his fault other schools come calling. Talent gets attention. You boys will all be sorry this winter. And I feel really bad for Wahama since they is leaving the league. They get a special whoopin for the college coach.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

DUNKONE wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:06 am
thetitanic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 pm I heard through the grape vine that a good player from trimble quit... but didn't get a name? did any of their good players quit?

It dont matter. My boy can make chicken salad outta chicken shite. Thats how he operated all them years in Racine. The talent pool ran dry. Thats why Carl left. But my boy just kept on winning. It aint his fault other schools come calling. Talent gets attention. You boys will all be sorry this winter. And I feel really bad for Wahama since they is leaving the league. They get a special whoopin for the college coach.
Didn't Carl leave for personal reasons

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

BallHaire wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:36 pm
DUNK1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Is Howie still there? If so, I'd day they're the front runners cause he would have moved on unless they have a lot of talent coming back. :mrgreen:
My boy doesn't chase talent, he builds it. He's proven time and time again he can take chicken scratch and make chicken cordon bleu from it.
Wow... I'd like to know what you are smoking. The last ten years have clearly proved that he is a talent chaser. If he did all this "building" he wouldn't be on school number three in ten years.
He was at Eastern for 14 years, and he's been at Trimble for 6. He would still be at FH if they wasn't in D3. He knew he couldn't win in that District. Trimble begged him to come there and they was .500 the year before he got there so it ain't like they were loaded. He went there and moved players up from the JV team, talked some who hadn't been playing to come back out, so I call that building talent.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

DUNK1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am
DUNK1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 pm

My boy doesn't chase talent, he builds it. He's proven time and time again he can take chicken scratch and make chicken cordon bleu from it.
Wow... I'd like to know what you are smoking. The last ten years have clearly proved that he is a talent chaser. If he did all this "building" he wouldn't be on school number three in ten years.
He was at Eastern for 14 years, and he's been at Trimble for 6. He would still be at FH if they wasn't in D3. He knew he couldn't win in that District. Trimble begged him to come there and they was .500 the year before he got there so it ain't like they were loaded. He went there and moved players up from the JV team, talked some who hadn't been playing to come back out, so I call that building talent.
Well Federal Hocking is DIV.....so there goes that argument. He left Fed Hock because the talent wasn’t gonna be there.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:34 am
DUNK1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am

Well Federal Hocking is DIV.....so there goes that argument. He left Fed Hock because the talent wasn’t gonna be there.
They were D3 when he was there. So, there goes your argument.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

For one year after he left. We both know why he left so don’t sugar coat as something else. I don’t blame him for leaving but the reasons are well known. I heard him say and I quote “ I can’t wait for a bunch of 6th graders to get to high school.”

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:53 am For one year after he left. We both know why he left so don’t sugar coat as something else. I don’t blame him for leaving but the reasons are well known. I heard him say and I quote “ I can’t wait for a bunch of 6th graders to get to high school.”
Funny thing, the year after he left FH's record improved. So there must have been some talent there. And yes, they were D3, even though you said they were D4 so you don't have much credibility in my eyes young man. If you're going to quote him don't leave this one out, "we can't win in that D3 district so I got to get out of here."

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

DUNK1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm
JC2124 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:53 am For one year after he left. We both know why he left so don’t sugar coat as something else. I don’t blame him for leaving but the reasons are well known. I heard him say and I quote “ I can’t wait for a bunch of 6th graders to get to high school.”
Funny thing, the year after he left FH's record improved. So there must have been some talent there. And yes, they were D3, even though you said they were D4 so you don't have much credibility in my eyes young man. If you're going to quote him don't leave this one out, "we can't win in that D3 district so I got to get out of here."
Young man.....thank you for that! I quoted what I personally heard him say. Nothing more, nothing less

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm
DUNK1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Young man.....thank you for that! I quoted what I personally heard him say. Nothing more, nothing less
Well everyone is younger than I am so yes young man. No ill intended. I can quote him to heck and back cause I talk to him most every day and I can also tell you why he left FH. It was to get back in the D4 tournament.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Oh no ill will at all. I like the hell out of Howie and enjoy talking to him. I’ve always heard he wanted to stay D4 because the path to the state was easier. When he left FH they couldn’t compete at DIV or DlII. Like I said, I didn’t blame him for leaving.
Last edited by JC2124 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:55 pm Oh no I’ll will at all. I like the hell out of Howie and enjoy talking to him. I’ve always heard he wanted to stay D4 because the path to the state was easier. When he left FH they couldn’t compete at DIV or DlII. Like I said, I didn’t blame him for leaving.
Howie is the best coach they ever had so a simple thank you to him from the FH faithful would be nice.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I don’t disagree and I know most of the FH base still likes Howie.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Howie is the best Coach in Southeastern Ohio, bar none. People make comments year after year but Howie is a winner and if I had a son, I would feel honored for him to to coached by the best. I don’t blame Howie one bit of perception of moving where the talent is, he can Coach and half these schools kids don’t put the time and effort into to be a successful program. I’m behind him 100%, he s the best and people just can’t take getting out coached every year. I would trust him in any basketball decision made and not think twice about it. he’s a winner and gets results like it or not. Good Luck Trimble and Howie

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:55 pm Howie is the best Coach in Southeastern Ohio, bar none. People make comments year after year but Howie is a winner and if I had a son, I would feel honored for him to to coached by the best. I don’t blame Howie one bit of perception of moving where the talent is, he can Coach and half these schools kids don’t put the time and effort into to be a successful program. I’m behind him 100%, he s the best and people just can’t take getting out coached every year. I would trust him in any basketball decision made and not think twice about it. he’s a winner and gets results like it or not. Good Luck Trimble and Howie
We would have had the same success of trimble had chosen to stay with an alumni as the coach.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:55 pm Howie is the best Coach in Southeastern Ohio, bar none. People make comments year after year but Howie is a winner and if I had a son, I would feel honored for him to to coached by the best. I don’t blame Howie one bit of perception of moving where the talent is, he can Coach and half these schools kids don’t put the time and effort into to be a successful program. I’m behind him 100%, he s the best and people just can’t take getting out coached every year. I would trust him in any basketball decision made and not think twice about it. he’s a winner and gets results like it or not. Good Luck Trimble and Howie
Not a disagreement from me as much as a couple other area coaches would probably like to see "arguably" before best coach in SE Ohio...guys like Persin,Beuchler,Barrick(former),Collins etc. I'm sure I left out a couple but Howie is a great coach..that cannot be argued.

Return to “Boys Basketball”