Prayers needed for our Warren Basketball Coaching Family - Coach Jerry Mitchem

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Prayers needed for our Warren Basketball Coaching Family - Coach Jerry Mitchem

Post by pfloyd »

I KNOW the support from the SEOPs community is strong, I'm asking for prayers and support for one of our coaches in the SEOhio coaching community - Coach Jerry Mitchem , Warren High School freshmen coach. Coach Mitchem was in a farming accident near Father's Day ... suffered injuries to his back, neck, ribs ... he was just released from the hospital this past week ... Coach Mitchem has a long healing process ahead of him ... many doctors appointments yet to come to determine what will need done treatment/rehab wise over the next few months ...

I spoke with Coach Mitchem last night on the phone, he's in good spirits ... when Jerry described what happened - I was thinking how fortunate he was to be with us still ... Coach Mitchem is a strong man, has great family support to go with his Warren Local family which I know from my own experiences will be with Coach Mitchem & the Mitchem family throughout this process ...

I ask you all to join me in giving our support , prayers to the Head Coach for Coach Mitchem's full recovery from his injuries. If you are a coach in SE Ohio who has coached with, against Coach Mitchem - if you have his number I'm more than sure he would love to hear from you - to talk hoops, to catch up ... Jerry's a good man, admittedly bullheaded LOL ... join me in letting Coach Mitchem know we are thinking about him, and wish him the best in returning court side for the Warren Warriors Basketball program ...

... thanks everyone for sending up your thoughts and prayers ... the support I know you ALL will give to Coach Mitchem, the Mitchem family , the Warren local coaching family ...

- pfloyd

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Re: Prayers needed for our Warren Basketball Coaching Family - Coach Jerry Mitchem

Post by Jackie Moon »

I hate to hear that about Coach Mitchem, thoughts and prayers to a great person. I personally enjoy when Coach and I competed against each other back in the SEOAL. Now it’s scrimmages that we see each other. We spend more time talking basketball than we do coaching our teams in those scrimmages. 😂 Wishing for a quick recovery and hoping we get to spend time talking hoops in November.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Prayers needed for our Warren Basketball Coaching Family - Coach Jerry Mitchem

Post by trojandave »

Godspeed for Coach Mitchem.......I had quite a few conversations with him when Portsmouth played Warren in the SEOAL. Jerry is a really good guy and if you want to talk basketball, he's one of the best to talk it with.

GET WELL, JERRY!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

get well soon

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Prayers and healing strength for Jerry Mitchem.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Prayers for a quick and healthy recovery

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Prayers for a quick recovery. Jerry is not only a good coach, but is a great guy as well.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Prayers of healing from Rock Hill Redmen Country

E High
All State

Post by E High »

🙏

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Mitchem goes back to the doc's for the 1st time since being released 2 weeks ago this coming Tuesday - please keep Coach Mitchem in your chats with the Head Coach ... pray that everything is healing properly so he can get the "halo" brace removed in 6-7 weeks ... Warren Twp. Fire Dept is having a Jerry Mitchem Benefit on Saturday Aug 3rd beginning at 6pm for those interested ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren faithful have any word on how Coach Mitchem is doing ?

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

Coach Mitchem is doing well and is planning to be back on the side lines coaching with the staff once again. He had a tough summer......but is surrounded by a great family, loving friends, and lots of helpers.

We will certainly be out to watch him and the Warriors as much as possible.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

marklduckworth wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:04 pm Coach Mitchem is doing well and is planning to be back on the side lines coaching with the staff once again. He had a tough summer......but is surrounded by a great family, loving friends, and lots of helpers.

We will certainly be out to watch him and the Warriors as much as possible.
Thanks markduckworth !!! great news right there ... looking forward to seeing the BBB with Coach Maddox, Coach Mitchem myself ... thanks for the info duck ...

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Prayers from Puyallup, Washington

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Heard the Dennis kid was in car accident this afternoon. Flown to Morgantown. Not life threatening, but very serious condition. 🙏🙏🙏

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

E High wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm Heard the Dennis kid was in car accident this afternoon. Flown to Morgantown. Not life threatening, but very serious condition. 🙏🙏🙏
Saw that on twitter as well 🙏

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Prayers

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Prayers from this Wheelersburg Pirates fan

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”