Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown is just destroying everyone.

They are my #5

96spartan
Freshman Team

Post by 96spartan »

[quote=vcgrad post_id=1832413 time=1576158327 user_id=13808]
The suspension of Butcher shows the lack of leadership--Athens will suffer this season for it.
[/quote]
The lack of suspension shows the lack of discipline at Athens 🙄

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

peake may be an elite 8 team

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 pm peake may be an elite 8 team
Hopefully they take it easy on my Bulldogs tomorrow

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 pm peake may be an elite 8 team
They might be. Right now I have them about 11....but they are firing!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

If ironton, portsmouth and cg continue to get better, the OVC will be very good this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak just stayed within 10 of New Boston the whole game.

Eastern Brown beat Hillsboro by 60 and Whiteoak by 40

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

To me....right now

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Jackson
4. Fairfield Union
5. Eastern Brown
6. Sheridan
7. Unioto
8. Chesapeake
9. Alexander
10. Oak Hill
11. Fairland
12. Wheelersburg
13. Logan Elm
14. Adena
15. New Boston

Waboplay
Riding the Bench

Post by Waboplay »

Adena at Alexander 12/17.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waboplay wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:14 pm Adena at Alexander 12/17.
Should be a great one!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:32 pm To me....right now

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Jackson
4. Fairfield Union
5. Eastern Brown
6. Sheridan
7. Unioto
8. Chesapeake
9. Alexander
10. Oak Hill
11. Fairland
12. Wheelersburg
13. Logan Elm
14. Adena
15. New Boston
Looks good .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd you doing Pebbles at Eastern Brown Tues?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:01 am Pfloyd you doing Pebbles at Eastern Brown Tues?
It's at Peebles

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:17 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:01 am Pfloyd you doing Pebbles at Eastern Brown Tues?
It's at Peebles
Even better...closer to pfloyd and a better measure of Eastern Brown with them being in road in tough environment

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After watching Jackson yesterday at Rio Grande, even though it was a mismatch from the start, the Ironmen looked like a well oiled machine. After watching Caleb Wallis in the past, I think he's even better than he has ever been, he's a treat to watch. As I said before, Sissonville was very much over matched from the start, but it was still a very fast paced game and pretty physical throughout. I was just a little surprised that after being ahead by 30 pts. ( 57-27 ) at the end of the 3rd. Qtr. that the starters were still in the game until the 4:24 mark of the game. Sometimes when the losing team is being dominated, things tend to get a little " Chippy " at times, players were being knocked down throughout the game. Coach Morrow is doing a great job with the Ironman program, that is not even in question. I guess at that point of the game, does it really matter whether you win by 30pts or by 40pts ? Mayby that's why I'm sitting here behind my computer, rather than being a coach somewhere?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 pm After watching Jackson yesterday at Rio Grande, even though it was a mismatch from the start, the Ironmen looked like a well oiled machine. After watching Caleb Wallis in the past, I think he's even better than he has ever been, he's a treat to watch. As I said before, Sissonville was very much over matched from the start, but it was still a very fast paced game and pretty physical throughout. I was just a little surprised that after being ahead by 30 pts. ( 57-27 ) at the end of the 3rd. Qtr. that the starters were still in the game until the 4:24 mark of the game. Sometimes when the losing team is being dominated, things tend to get a little " Chippy " at times, players were being knocked down throughout the game. Coach Morrow is doing a great job with the Ironman program, that is not even in question. I guess at that point of the game, does it really matter whether you win by 30pts or by 40pts ? Mayby that's why I'm sitting here behind my computer, rather than being a coach somewhere?
They only have 10 available players to play and were missing 4 of their top 8 players due to injury or illness. I know the sophomore Miller kid played in every quarter and hasn’t played in more than 1 varsity qtr all year. Scored his first 4 varsity points. I know their #7 player went for 21 points.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:09 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 pm After watching Jackson yesterday at Rio Grande, even though it was a mismatch from the start, the Ironmen looked like a well oiled machine. After watching Caleb Wallis in the past, I think he's even better than he has ever been, he's a treat to watch. As I said before, Sissonville was very much over matched from the start, but it was still a very fast paced game and pretty physical throughout. I was just a little surprised that after being ahead by 30 pts. ( 57-27 ) at the end of the 3rd. Qtr. that the starters were still in the game until the 4:24 mark of the game. Sometimes when the losing team is being dominated, things tend to get a little " Chippy " at times, players were being knocked down throughout the game. Coach Morrow is doing a great job with the Ironman program, that is not even in question. I guess at that point of the game, does it really matter whether you win by 30pts or by 40pts ? Mayby that's why I'm sitting here behind my computer, rather than being a coach somewhere?
They only have 10 available players to play and were missing 4 of their top 8 players due to injury or illness. I know the sophomore Miller kid played in every quarter and hasn’t played in more than 1 varsity qtr all year. Scored his first 4 varsity points. I know their #7 player went for 21 points.
I understand, Kuhn looked like the best shooter on the team at times. Didn't know the situation with the injured players. Just hated seeing Wallis getting knocked down throughout the game, would have hated seeing kids getting hurt when the game had been a blowout from the start. Not meaning to be critical of coach Morrow at all, I guess just the situation that he was put in.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:35 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:09 pm
I understand, Kuhn looked like the best shooter on the team at times. Didn't know the situation with the injured players. Just hated seeing Wallis getting knocked down throughout the game, would have hated seeing kids getting hurt when the game had been a blowout from the start. Not meaning to be critical of coach Morrow at all, I guess just the situation that he was put in.
Wallis has busted his head on a door 15 feet off the court, took out cheerleaders, busted his head on the floor. Turned his ankle a couple of times....he’s done everything but dive into the 3rd row (won’t be long). In 5th grade he looked like a 3rd grader, in 8th grade he looked like a 4th grader, as a freshman he was 5’0, sophomore 5’3.....it’s never ever changed how he has played. He gets beat around every minute of every game. He’ll do the same thing next year on the same court at the collegiate level.

He could very well get hurt at any point....but we’ve also lost a tough football player in pregame. As a fan watching him in his final year of being ours, I want him in there and late as possible/within reason. Our running up the score is more likely to be winning by 17 and holding opponent to 35.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I get what you are saying, and I know injuries can happen at any point in the game. I don't even think that they were even trying to run up the score. I think that the 2nd 5 would have probably won the game themselves if they had to. It just at times always seems as if " chippy " play occurs during a lopsided game, and I was hoping that was not going to happen. If I had known the injury situation, I would not have posted what I did.

Return to “Boys Basketball”