Friday 12/13 games and scores

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Re: Friday 12/13 games and scores

Post by sykesb2 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am In the Updated Scores and Standing's, it's showing that Southeastern beat Adena 62-40, could that score be the other way around ? I thought that I saw it posted that Adena had beaten Southeastern 62-40.
It's backwards. Adena beat Southeastern 62-40

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

sykesb2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:58 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am In the Updated Scores and Standing's, it's showing that Southeastern beat Adena 62-40, could that score be the other way around ? I thought that I saw it posted that Adena had beaten Southeastern 62-40.
It's backwards. Adena beat Southeastern 62-40
Thank you, I thought that I had even heard on the Radio that Adena had won.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Adena(62)-(40)Southeastern

VetteMan, you are correct. I corrected it in the prior post.

Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Visiting Chesapeake handed Portsmouth one of the worst home losses in school history; 80-36......1 point in the first quarter for PHS.......I have been watching Trojan games since my freshman year in 1971, and I have never seen a bigger margin of defeat. The Panthers were clearly better in all aspects, and meanwhile the Trojans have much work to do. I've seen every team in the OVC except Ironton.......if the Trojans play the rest of the OVC schedule like they did last night, they won't win a conference game.

We are starting 3 sophomores(a 4th comes off the bench), and it was the 3rd game in 4 days for PHS, but a 44 point annihilation is a bit much to swallow. Chesapeake is a really good basketball team, but they shouldn't have been 44 points better. If CHS brings that level of play every OVC game, they can win the conference title.

Fairland comes to Portsmouth on Tuesday, and the Trojans will have to make a big improvement in a hurry to even compete with the Dragons.

GO TROJANS!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

trojandave wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am Visiting Chesapeake handed Portsmouth one of the worst home losses in school history; 80-36......1 point in the first quarter for PHS.......I have been watching Trojan games since my freshman year in 1971, and I have never seen a bigger margin of defeat. The Panthers were clearly better in all aspects, and meanwhile the Trojans have much work to do. I've seen every team in the OVC except Ironton.......if the Trojans play the rest of the OVC schedule like they did last night, they won't win a conference game.

We are starting 3 sophomores(a 4th comes off the bench), and it was the 3rd game in 4 days for PHS, but a 44 point annihilation is a bit much to swallow. Chesapeake is a really good basketball team, but they shouldn't have been 44 points better. If CHS brings that level of play every OVC game, they can win the conference title.

Fairland comes to Portsmouth on Tuesday, and the Trojans will have to make a big improvement in a hurry to even compete with the Dragons.

GO TROJANS!!
They lose anyone from summer? They played good then

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

Crooksville 66 John Glenn 55, this is the Ceramics first win over JG since 1999. John Glenn had wins over Philo, Maysville (who beat Crooksville last week), and West M.

Is the MVL that tough this year? Or has the return of Caden Miller ratcheted up the competitiveness of the league as a whole? Saw that West M beat Maysville tonight, too. Is Morgan the team to beat on the small side?
Big School/Small School in MVL does not start until next year 2020-21. The Raiders will be in the mix this year for a league title. Their lone loss on the season, to this point, was a five-point loss at Sheridan.

Return to “Boys Basketball”