Zane Trace @ Unioto 12/21

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Zane Trace @ Unioto 12/21

Post by VetteMan »

Understand the clock frustration just a little bit. Went to a girls game between OH and Northwest at the start of the season, problems with the clock began sometime in the JV game. Don't remember whether it was just the time, or being able to change the score, or mayby both ? It was not a very close game regardless, so at the time I don't think most people paid much attention to it, the officials on the floor handled it and the game was finished. I do know that they worked on it, had a maintenance man even bring in another black box during warmups for the varsity game. It looked like at the time that everything was going to be okay, but after a few minutes the High School Principal walked out to center court and announced that the game could not be played, and apologized to everyone and said the game would be rescheduled. In this case the people operating the clock really had nothing to do with the malfunction.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:05 am Mlittle

Clock question was a serious one

What is your take on the clock issue folks are talking about

Would like to hear your version of it, not insinuating it had any outcome on the game. Regardless of what people think the clock or refs rarely make any change to the outcome of the 100,000 games I have attended in my life
The clock did continue to run after the Pioneer TO. They lost 6-7 seconds

But the worst part was at the end of the game when there was 4.6 seconds left and during the inbounds play Cam Evans went full court.. but the clock did not start. I am sure Cam Evans was watching the clock, because he did not seem like he was in too big of a hurry...then the buzzer went off and 4.6 seconds was left on the clock. Refs waved it over...

During that situation the clock needs to be working.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Would like to hear your version of it, not insinuating it had any outcome on the game. Regardless of what people think the clock or refs rarely make any change to the outcome of the 100,000 games I have attended in my life

But the worst part was at the end of the game when there was 4.6 seconds left and during the inbounds play Cam Evans went full court.. but the clock did not start. I am sure Cam Evans was watching the clock, because he did not seem like he was in too big of a hurry...then the buzzer went off and 4.6 seconds was left on the clock. Refs waved it over...

The master clock did start and run to 0.0

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Oh ok. Is that in view of the players coming down the court?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Yes

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Yes
I'm a little confused, mayby I just misread what was posted ? Did Evans get off a shot when bringing the ball down the court, or did the buzzer sound before he had time ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Yes
I'm a little confused, mayby I just misread what was posted ? Did Evans get off a shot when bringing the ball down the court, or did the buzzer sound before he had time ?
No, he got a shot off. There weren’t any clock malfunction last 4.6 seconds to my knowledge. I was looking at the same view of Evans and the clock ran normal down to zero.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Yes
No, he got a shot off. There weren’t any clock malfunction last 4.6 seconds to my knowledge. I was looking at the same view of Evans and the clock ran normal down to zero.
Thank you, that may have been said before and I just missed it.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

He did not get off a shot.

There was 4.6 seconds on the clock. When the buzzer went off. Even with 4.6 seconds the refs waved the game as over.

On the inbounds the clock never started. Cam Evans went down the court and and made no attempt to shoot. I would love to see a video to confirm this...

Where is this master clock located and does every gym/game have one?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They should just go by the home side student section for the countdown

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:30 pm He did not get off a shot.

There was 4.6 seconds on the clock. When the buzzer went off. Even with 4.6 seconds the refs waved the game as over.

On the inbounds the clock never started. Cam Evans went down the court and and made no attempt to shoot. I would love to see a video to confirm this...

None of this is relevant but I’ll humor you and try to
Post the video. You can’t see the clock in the video I have but you can hear the final buzzer as Evans is attempting a shot. His failed shot attempt has nothing to do with the time and more to do with great defense. But the buzzer does sound which would indicate clock at 0.0

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I only have the video from under basket with the play coming towards the camera but the time is clearly running and the buzzer sounds at zero

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

I saw that video from Gazette.
That scoreboard does countdown.

What about the other one? On the other end that Cam Evans would be looking at?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 pm I saw that video from Gazette.

I’m trying to find one from that angle. The one on hudle literally cuts off right under the time. The clock you can see in the video was the one they were having issues with so I’d have to imagine if that one was functioning properly so was the other one but that is just speculation.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Thank you.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:58 pm
HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 pm I saw that video from Gazette.

I’m trying to find one from that angle. The one on hudle literally cuts off right under the time. The clock you can see in the video was the one they were having issues with so I’d have to imagine if that one was functioning properly so was the other one but that is just speculation.
Listen to the end of the game on wkkj Podcast

They describe what happen

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:44 pm

Post the video. You can’t see the clock in the video I have but you can hear the final buzzer as Evans is attempting a shot. His failed shot attempt has nothing to do with the time and more to do with great defense. But the buzzer does sound which would indicate clock at 0.0
The relevance is Cam Evans was watching the clock that was not working...

Humor me...(I just caught that) hehe..

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:44 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:44 pm

The relevance is Cam Evans was watching the clock that was not working...

Humor me...(I just caught that) hehe..
I meant non relevant due to the game being over and none of it really matters at this point

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

That’s True.
The Next game will be a must see.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:16 am That’s True.
The Next game will be a must see.
For sure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”