Fed @ Trimble

Truthreader
Waterboy

Fed @ Trimble

Post by Truthreader »

May as well get this one started what are everyone’s thoughts on this one???

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Fed @ Trimble

Post by Hoopie74 »

I would love to see this one,but; my Indians are busy that weekend. Regardless will see both later this year along with Chesapeake. Good luck to both ,but; I'm thinking Lancers size is the deciding factor if they can handle the pressure.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

I'll take the Lancers in this one. They are playing excellent ball. I believe they roll out of Glouster with the W.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trimble 57
Fed Hock 47

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The Lancers are averaging 77 points a game. I can’t see Trimble holding them to 30 less than that. I will say 71-64 Lancers. Can’t wait it should be a good one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:58 pm The Lancers are averaging 77 points a game. I can’t see Trimble holding them to 30 less than that. I will say 71-64 Lancers. Can’t wait it should be a good one.
I fear you are going to be disappointed man. Sorry

I’m wrong all the time though

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I could be wrong, happens a lot lol. I guess this will be the game that proves the Lancers to be contenders or pretenders. Trimble gets all the love because of Howie. We shall see soon.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm I could be wrong, happens a lot lol. I guess this will be the game that proves the Lancers to be contenders or pretenders. Trimble gets all the love because of Howie. We shall see soon.
I’m not loving them but they’ve had a great run of athletics for a good while and Fed Hock has been the opposite a lot. Trimble still has some talent and Howie is a very good coach. This will be a big “program” game for Fed Hock. I’m not counting them out or betting against them, but this is the type of game that bumps you up a notch.

I’m happy Fed Hock has left the doldrums of the bottom....trust me I know the feeling as an Ironmen basketball fan. You guys are certainly trending the right direction. Enjoy the process.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I didn’t take it as you wanting us to lose. Hell its fine if you do lol. I have watched both teams. Trimble lost a starter from last years team and they lack depth. FH will press and run the wheels off of opposing teams. The X factor is Howie and playing on their court. I think it’s gonna be a good game. I will post updates on ScoreStream and here.

We are all enjoying the success and the coaching staff has them headed in the right direction. I don’t think we have played our best ball yet. We also have another kid coming back too. He has been out with mono since the beginning of the season. 6’4 kid that can really jump.

dagger19
Waterboy

Post by dagger19 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm I didn’t take it as you wanting us to lose. Hell its fine if you do lol. I have watched both teams. Trimble lost a starter from last years team and they lack depth. FH will press and run the wheels off of opposing teams. The X factor is Howie and playing on their court. I think it’s gonna be a good game. I will post updates on ScoreStream and here.

We are all enjoying the success and the coaching staff has them headed in the right direction. I don’t think we have played our best ball yet. We also have another kid coming back too. He has been out with mono since the beginning of the season. 6’4 kid that can really jump.

That’s good I believe Trimble plays better at a fast paced game. Also height helps but basketball position is 90% of the battle

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Until someone proves otherwise, Trimble is the top dog so I’m saying they win this one. I think it will be close so not going to give a score. I had a chance to watch Trimble on Nelsonville cable and boy they really pressure the ball. Good luck to both teams!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Fed will put one on Howie. I know there are people from Fed like Steely Dan and GW who want to see Howie take one on the chin so bad they can hardly stand it. As for Fed, the only challenge they'll get is when they play at Southern. For some reason Southern is beating everyone at their place, but struggling everywhere else. :o

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:18 pm Fed will put one on Howie. I know there are people from Fed like Steely Dan and GW who want to see Howie take one on the chin so bad they can hardly stand it. As for Fed, the only challenge they'll get is when they play at Southern. For some reason Southern is beating everyone at their place, but struggling everywhere else. :o
Lol. I guess time will tell. As I said on a previous post, good ole refs at Southern may give the Lancers unfavorable calls, but they cannot stop the ball from going into the basket.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Scottyboy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:27 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:18 pm Fed will put one on Howie. I know there are people from Fed like Steely Dan and GW who want to see Howie take one on the chin so bad they can hardly stand it. As for Fed, the only challenge they'll get is when they play at Southern. For some reason Southern is beating everyone at their place, but struggling everywhere else. :o
Lol. I guess time will tell. As I said on a previous post, good ole refs at Southern may give the Lancers unfavorable calls, but they cannot stop the ball from going into the basket.
Well, they kind of can. When your best scorers are sitting on the bench in foul trouble, and when they are getting hacked while shooting and no foul is called, they are in essence stopping "the ball from going into the basket."

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:38 pm
Scottyboy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:27 pm
Well, they kind of can. When your best scorers are sitting on the bench in foul trouble, and when they are getting hacked while shooting and no foul is called, they are in essence stopping "the ball from going into the basket."
True. I'd say the coaching staff will have a game plan. They better hack away from the 3 point line lol. Lancers will light them up from beyond the arc.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Coaching is what wins in HS hoops and my boy is a proven winner. The lancers get a lesson. Only team with a chance is southern. My grandson has a pretty good defense at home.

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

DUNK1 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:56 pm Coaching is what wins in HS hoops and my boy is a proven winner. The lancers get a lesson. Only team with a chance is southern. My grandson has a pretty good defense at home.
Your "boy" left Federal high and dry to chase talent at Trimble. The Lancers are looking for redemption in this matchup and they'll assuredly obtain it with beatdown fashion in this tilt, even if it is at The Cesspool, a.k.a. Athens County Armpit. Eww, I feel like I need a shower after simply referring to Glouster. :twisted:

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

-William Shakespeare

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fridays game can be heard live on Power 105.5FM

Or online: wxtq.com

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

dagger19 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 am
JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm I didn’t take it as you wanting us to lose. Hell its fine if you do lol. I have watched both teams. Trimble lost a starter from last years team and they lack depth. FH will press and run the wheels off of opposing teams. The X factor is Howie and playing on their court. I think it’s gonna be a good game. I will post updates on ScoreStream and here.

That’s good I believe Trimble plays better at a fast paced game. Also height helps but basketball position is 90% of the battle
If basketball was 90% position then why isn’t there a bunch of 6’1 kids playing post in college. It’s a valid point but it’s not 90%. As long as this game doesn’t turn into a weight lifting competition I like the Lancers chances. I really hope Trimble wants to try to run with the Lancers. That’s right in our wheelhouse. Howie is smart and I expect he tries to slow it down.

Return to “Boys Basketball”