Fairfield union vs Vinton county thoughts on this game tonight at FU

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Fairfield union vs Vinton county thoughts on this game tonight at FU

Post by falconbball »

any thoughts on this game this evening? How is Vinton County?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairfield union vs Vinton county thoughts on this game tonight at FU

Post by Ironman92 »

At FU....FU is longer and better but their style doesn’t pull away on the scoreboard as much as many would think. FU will win but it’ll be a respectable score.

FU 54
VC 45

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

At FU
if VC keeps it close the refs will
make sure FU wins. dont need to say anymore

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:12 pm At FU
if VC keeps it close the refs will
make sure FU wins. dont need to say anymore
😂

Cav's Alum
Waterboy

Post by Cav's Alum »

What are you talking about?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Cav's Alum wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:47 pm What are you talking about?
Just read up on the FU vs Unioto thread. Give you a decent idea what he’s talking about I’m guessing.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Their team was up 10 and couldn't hold the lead so they got butthurt when they felt the refs screwed them. No need to read that the thread, that's the story.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Exactly,. Falcon01. It's not FU fault that the refs sucked. Refs are assigned to games....or do I need to explain how things work?? Wow!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Smeltzy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 pm Exactly,. Falcon01. It's not FU fault that the refs sucked. Refs are assigned to games....or do I need to explain how things work?? Wow!!!
Right. It’s over, no reason to rehash it

What was the score tonight?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 pm
Smeltzy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 pm Exactly,. Falcon01. It's not FU fault that the refs sucked. Refs are assigned to games....or do I need to explain how things work?? Wow!!!

FU 55
VC 38 a final

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 pm

Probably nobody I respect more on this entire site, than Dani, so if he says its over, then it's time to move on.

Two darn good teams played that afternoon and will probably play again.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Falcon01 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:46 pm
Their team was up 10 and couldn't hold the lead so they got butthurt when they felt the refs screwed them. No need to read that the thread, that's the story.
I don’t disagree. That’s why I didn’t go into the whole story again and just reverted to the other thread.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The FU loss for us doesn’t hurt so bad now after picking up the Adena win last night. We split a really tough 4 game stretch winning both league games. Regardless of how that game was officiated we had our opportunities to close that game out ourselves and didn’t. It’s always easier to blame the refs and it’s way more fun.

Who does FU play next?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 am The FU loss for us doesn’t hurt so bad now after picking up the Adena win last night. We split a really tough 4 game stretch winning both league games. Regardless of how that game was officiated we had our opportunities to close that game out ourselves and didn’t. It’s always easier to blame the refs and it’s way more fun.

Who does FU play next?
Independence I thought I read.

Don’t know much on them. We were told how athletic they were in football for week 11 but then beat them by 50.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:43 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 am The FU loss for us doesn’t hurt so bad now after picking up the Adena win last night. We split a really tough 4 game stretch winning both league games. Regardless of how that game was officiated we had our opportunities to close that game out ourselves and didn’t. It’s always easier to blame the refs and it’s way more fun.

Who does FU play next?

Don’t know much on them. We were told how athletic they were in football for week 11 but then beat them by 50.
A friend of mine from the Corps went to Independence. His little brother graduated from there as well and played 4 years at Kansas. Played over seas for more than a decade in France I believe. Just a little FYI

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:01 pm

Who does FU play next?

A friend of mine from the Corps went to Independence. His little brother graduated from there as well and played 4 years at Kansas. Played over seas for more than a decade in France I believe. Just a little FYI
Kenny Gregory??

I know nothing about independce this year either.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I looked. Independence has 2 wins. They lost by 40 to grandview heights. I know we had a really nice scrimmage with GH before the season started.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Kenny Gregory??

Yep. I was great friends with his brother Andre. I think he went to Arkansas pine bluff. I played with him on our travel team in the Marine Corps

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Kenny Gregory??

Yep. I was great friends with his brother Andre. I think he went to Arkansas pine bluff. I played with him on our travel team in the Marine Corps
That's awesome. I was like 14 or 15 when gregory was in hs and we went and watched him a few times. His jumping ability was incredible.

I play military travel ball, but softball not basketball. The mens bball team at wright patt though is pretty good. They have some guys who played at the academy and were fun to watch.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:26 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Kenny Gregory??

That's awesome. I was like 14 or 15 when gregory was in hs and we went and watched him a few times. His jumping ability was incredible.

I play military travel ball, but softball not basketball. The mens bball team at wright patt though is pretty good. They have some guys who played at the academy and were fun to watch.
Kenny was at Kansas when we were playing together. Late 90’s. I hung my shoes up not too much longer after that

Return to “Boys Basketball”