Post by mattash »

Will it be a Rucas crowd

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Falcon01
S

Re: 1/14 #2 Fairfield Union v #1 Chillicothe

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu has a massive game Saturday with BC first. I'd think if chilli is as good as I've read, then chilli by 10-15

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chilly by 14

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

chilly by 18

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Falcon01 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 pm Fu has a massive game Saturday with BC first. I'd think if chilli is as good as I've read, then chilli by 10-15
Agree. Don't think the Falcons have much of a chance in this one. It would be a mental win to keep it around 10 pt game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd will be on hand in the cheap seats for this one ... #1 vs #2 ( as long as both hold serve this weekend )...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't remember who gave him the nickname "Big Country", If he was still around with Fairfield Union, I might look at this game a little differently. I still think it could be a very good ballgame, but I would have to give the nod to Chillicothe.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe should win pretty handily.

But, will be another good test for the Falcons and the matchup between Noel and Harrah inside should be fun.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Playing the best team in the SE district can only help the Falcons.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm Playing the best team in the SE district can only help the Falcons.
... having talked with Coach Helber (jv coach at FU) ... Coach Evesole, FU's head coach, goes with the philosophy when scheduling to divide the season into 3rds ... 1/3 of the games to be played are games that FU "should not win" - the players have to play outstanding to give FU the opportunity to get a W, another 1/3 are games that FU matches up with the opponents well, but will need to excel to get the W and the final 1/3 are games vs opponents with whom FU "should get the W" ... with THIS mix the players/the TEAM is challenged to perform at their best throughout the season, they keep their confidence up , they LEARN throughout the season and the schedule prepares well for the post season ... I like the philosophy ! keeps the TEAM looking to improve each time out and pushes the TEAM to play it's best every game ... I obviously don't have a clue who will get the W but this is a game that fits into a game in which the TEAM must play its' best to get the W for FU ... win or lose - the FU TEAM of Coaches Eversole/Helber will learn and get better for the games to come ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:57 pm
trojandave wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm Playing the best team in the SE district can only help the Falcons.
... having talked with Coach Helber (jv coach at FU) ... Coach Evesole, FU's head coach, goes with the philosophy when scheduling to divide the season into 3rds ... 1/3 of the games to be played are games that FU "should not win" - the players have to play outstanding to give FU the opportunity to get a W, another 1/3 are games that FU matches up with the opponents well, but will need to excel to get the W and the final 1/3 are games vs opponents with whom FU "should get the W" ... with THIS mix the players/the TEAM is challenged to perform at their best throughout the season, they keep their confidence up , they LEARN throughout the season and the schedule prepares well for the post season ... I like the philosophy ! keeps the TEAM looking to improve each time out and pushes the TEAM to play it's best every game ... I obviously don't have a clue who will get the W but this is a game that fits into a game in which the TEAM must play its' best to get the W for FU ... win or lose - the FU TEAM of Coaches Eversole/Helber will learn and get better for the games to come ...
Aren’t 2/3 of the games league games? FU has loaded up their non league schedule this year for sure but I think a big part of that is they knew they’d be good this year as well and a few of the teams they normally schedule non league are up right now. As for the game I think Fu has the kind of team than can keep the game close with Chilli and give them a chance to pull off an upset.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Treyman3 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:56 am
Aren’t 2/3 of the games league games? FU has loaded up their non league schedule this year for sure but I think a big part of that is they knew they’d be good this year as well and a few of the teams they normally schedule non league are up right now. As for the game I think Fu has the kind of team than can keep the game close with Chilli and give them a chance to pull off an upset.
Fu has really scheduled well the last 4 years (including this one).
Last year:
Beechroft, vinton county, st charles, columbus academy, sheridan, unioto
17-18
South, bishop waterston, beechcroft, sheridan, st.charles, unioto
16-17
Desales, bishop watterson, unioto, independence, st charles, granville. independce wasn't very good but certainly playing them and south helped when they ended up matched up with eastmore in regionals.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Also I dont think you were saying they hadn't other years, but was just pointing it out.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Treyman3 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:56 am
... that's what I was talking about - when they set up the non-conference games those are the ones that they control the "who" ... obviously the league games they don't control - sorry ...

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Chilly with an azz beating

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

hype is real

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott