The Annual ...

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

The Annual ...

Post by Chief Kdogg »

...most effective ref intimidation technique used by area coaches.

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

Please add anything you've seen work, or not, for a coach and we'll vote sometime in a few days. Let the fun begin. BTW I've always thought The Scream really worked. Especially if I could get some spittle to come out as I was screaming :mrgreen: . But I realize The Stomp has become legendary recently. Anyhew, list away my friends.

Just my thoughts fellas. :mrgreen:

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Re: The Annual ...

Post by Sideliner »

The clipboard throw?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm ...most effective ref intimidation technique used by area coaches.

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

Please add anything you've seen work, or not, for a coach and we'll vote sometime in a few days. Let the fun begin. BTW I've always thought The Scream really worked. Especially if I could get some spittle to come out as I was screaming :mrgreen: . But I realize The Stomp has become legendary recently. Anyhew, list away my friends.

I once saw an Oak Hill coach strangle a zebra with a towel and bury the body under the football field. True story. Not naming anyone 👀
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Swanker Pine wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:19 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm ...most effective ref intimidation technique used by area coaches.

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

I once saw an Oak Hill coach strangle a zebra with a towel. True story
WOW! That might just be a winner. :mrgreen:

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

I once saw an Oak Hill coach strangle a zebra with a towel and bury the body under the football field. True story. Not naming anyone 👀
Norm should when this hands down every year. You mention it...he’s done it!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC94 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

I said I wasn’t naming anyone!

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:53 pm
SOC94 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm

I said I wasn’t naming anyone!
Hell I played for him. I’ll name him. Lol I gotchu

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

How old is he? I’ve heard some rumors about him changin schools in a few years.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 pm How old is he? I’ve heard some rumors about him changin schools in a few years.
Honestly we’ve always tried to figure that out but I never got an exact age. Late 60s I would be willing to bet.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Norm is 757 wins old !!! LOL - I've had so much respect for Norm since the first time I watched a Chesapeake team in Columbus at the annual Wellston all day hoops event ... his teams ALWAYS play with fundamentals at both ends of the floor ... I sat down, the Panther player grabbed a board on the defensive end of the floor, hit the outlet man who hit a player up the sideline who hit a braking teammate on the wing for a layup - the ball did not touch the floor at anytime of the 94 feet - Norm's teams, Norm's philosophy ... great coach/teacher of the game with or without "the towel" ...

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Norm is a classic. Fed Hock played them over the summer and Norm was angry lol. He is pretty intense to say the least! Never seen a coach get that mad during summer ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’ve never seen a coach win with less as much as Norm has over the years. Fundamentally sound and gets the most out of his players.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I like the compliment on some in between calls and not complain and then when it gets bad....make your voice known and let them know you are right.

When the coach who doesn’t say much gets tore up, it seems to get their full attention.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

The tie yank was a favorite of Phil Howard. He would loosen it up from around his neck and yank it upwards like he was actually trying to strangle himself. Got their attention every time. Oh, and the pinky point

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

Our first coaches meeting at Trimble involved a session where we all had to learn and practice the Stomp and the Stare. Personally I like the STROMP. Its a simultaneous use of both tactics.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

The tie yank was a favorite of Phil Howard. He would loosen it up from around his neck and yank it upwards like he was actually trying to strangle himself. Got their attention every time. Oh, and the pinky point
Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

Our first coaches meeting at Trimble involved a session where we all had to learn and practice the Stomp and the Stare. Personally I like the STROMP. Its a simultaneous use of both tactics.
Hope they passed out plantar fasciitis insoles to everyone

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

I always liked the hair pull and head bang Jaybo use to do. Not sure it ever helped him but I did see several refs get a good laugh about it. :mrgreen:

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Past winners were:

The Stomp
The Stare
The Scream
The Scowl
The Glare
The Jacket Toss

Me, I prefer the skromp. It's a stomp, a stare, and a scream added in for effect. The Spkromp is the ultimate weapon against a ref though. Add to all the aforementioned things some spit coming out during the scream portion of the maneuver. :mrgreen:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

smurray wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:25 pm I’ve never seen a coach win with less as much as Norm has over the years. Fundamentally sound and gets the most out of his players.
Agree smurray, like or dislike Norm, he got the most out of some of his teams, when it was very apparent that they were not always the most talented on the floor. Not exactly sure on the total, but I think he ended up with 765 or 766 wins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”