Fairland Student Section

REDMAN
Waterboy

Fairland Student Section

Post by REDMAN »

I don't know which is worse, the exposing drunks at the Ironton games or the students at Fairland

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Fairland Student Section

Post by mattash »

lol, come on man.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BBALLBABE32
Waterboy

Post by BBALLBABE32 »

On the contrary, I believe we need to get our students more involved. 15 years ago when I played, these conversations would have never been talked about. Students used to chant “airball” , “nuts and bolts, we got screwed” , yell at the refs, and more importantly supported the team. I was at the game tonight because I heard so much about this team, I was so impressed not only with the performance of the team but with the crowd atmosphere especially the student section. I guess if “warm up the bus” bothers you, then yes they were over the line. But to me that says more about how soft we are with our children these days. This is also what has destroyed school pride within our school communities, this is why there is no rivalries anymore...

REDMAN
Waterboy

Post by REDMAN »

We used to say hey man, nice shot or just what a good shot man

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

BBALLBABE32 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm On the contrary, I believe we need to get our students more involved. 15 years ago when I played, these conversations would have never been talked about. Students used to chant “airball” , “nuts and bolts, we got screwed” , yell at the refs, and more importantly supported the team. I was at the game tonight because I heard so much about this team, I was so impressed not only with the performance of the team but with the crowd atmosphere especially the student section. I guess if “warm up the bus” bothers you, then yes they were over the line. But to me that says more about how soft we are with our children these days. This is also what has destroyed school pride within our school communities, this is why there is no rivalries anymore...
I agree 100% with this. The snowflake society we live in now doesn't allow anything to go on without people getting on social media and bashing kids for doing the same thing they did as kids. It has even taken the physicality out of the game that was played with in the 80's & 90's.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

REDMAN wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:05 pm I don't know which is worse, the exposing drunks at the Ironton games or the students at Fairland
Fairland has the worst fan base

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:48 pm
REDMAN wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:05 pm I don't know which is worse, the exposing drunks at the Ironton games or the students at Fairland
Fairland has the worst fan base
I thought you’d say burg.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg fans aren't bad. Just soft

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

With a Capital T

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Women teachers at my school were ticked off because at a road league game the student section pretended to be reading newspapers while their team was being announced lol. Who cares

Loved the old “nuts and bolts” cheer. “Start the bus” “You can’t do that”

Harmless harmless fun

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

I thought they were just having a good time. They were yelling the names of some of the players but I wouldn’t consider that too harsh and I did hear a you suck once but the principal pulled that kid and talked to him. Even that isn’t nothing like the nineties I was a part of. Let kids be kids.

Peake24
Waterboy

Post by Peake24 »

The students are just being kids and doesn’t bother me. As I mentioned in a previous post the players that jaw the refs make it unenjoyable to watch. IMO that is the worst disrespect to show on the court.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Student sections are part of the atmosphere. If you let teenage kids get under your skin, then you’re pretty insecure. Nothing wrong with chanting. I remember the you can’t do that, warm up the bus, sit down shut up, left right left right sit down, air ball air ball, push it instead of bull sh*t, I believe we have won back when I was in school. I remember Warren came to Portsmouth and pulled out new papers when Portsmouth were introduced, I also believe it was Warren who had a little Bill chant when one of the Portsmouth players touched the ball. Let kids have fun and be kids man, if they want to dress up let them, if they want to chant then let them. You’re there to watch basketball not pay attention to kids sitting in the stands!

Who Dey!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

As long as kids aren't saying anything drastically over the line I see no problem with it. Cheer blocks are good for the game and the louder they are the better the atmosphere.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

There kids let them have fun. I remember a few months ago at the Portsmouth vs Fairland football game parents complained that the students were standing and cheering and the kids set down. That’s over the line for grown ups. Let the kids enjoy and cheer. You are only a kid once. If adults have a problem with kids maybe stay home.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:20 pm Women teachers at my school were ticked off because at a road league game the student section pretended to be reading newspapers while their team was being announced lol. Who cares

Loved the old “nuts and bolts” cheer. “Start the bus” “You can’t do that”

Harmless harmless fun
"Hey chump, you fouled a man hey chump you fouled a man..."

One of my favorites. Couldn't get away with saying that these days. Some snowflake would cry and get the game shut down with that one. Sad, sad.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

I didn't think their student section was that bad Saturday

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

BBALLBABE32 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm On the contrary, I believe we need to get our students more involved. 15 years ago when I played, these conversations would have never been talked about. Students used to chant “airball” , “nuts and bolts, we got screwed” , yell at the refs, and more importantly supported the team. I was at the game tonight because I heard so much about this team, I was so impressed not only with the performance of the team but with the crowd atmosphere especially the student section. I guess if “warm up the bus” bothers you, then yes they were over the line. But to me that says more about how soft we are with our children these days. This is also what has destroyed school pride within our school communities, this is why there is no rivalries anymore...
agree

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:54 am There kids let them have fun. I remember a few months ago at the Portsmouth vs Fairland football game parents complained that the students were standing and cheering and the kids set down. That’s over the line for grown ups. Let the kids enjoy and cheer. You are only a kid once. If adults have a problem with kids maybe stay home.
Very much agree.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I always noticed the people who did/do complain were the ones going home with the L.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Boys Basketball”