Vinton County 51 Jackson 82 a final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Vinton County 51 Jackson 82 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County 51
Jackson 82 a final ...

... the Ironmen of Coach Morrow rolled into McArtur with a 15-2 record , the only blemishes on the JHS pocket schedule one to Chillicothe at home -14, loss #2 to Wheelersburg by -2 on the second day of a B2B (for JHS the game 1 was AT Elite 8/defensive minded Unioto AT the U) ... looking at the VC schedule entering this matchup the Vikings quality opponents were -26 vs Zane Trace, -13 vs Athens and -11 vs Fairfield Union ... on paper, looking at the matchup Jackson sits at #3 , Vinton County (10-4 pre game) at #21 ... top 25 team MIGHT be able to hang with Elite 8 #3 for 1 or 2 quarters UNLESS #3 has a few players battling the flu bug, one of those players the best PG Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line AND the #21 team is led courtside by one of the BEST coaches in SEOhio ... THEN one has to think - hmmmmmmmm I've seen Jackson 3 times prior to last night, Vinton County ? Nada ... THEN you have to wonder - are the rankings worth the paper(screen)they're printed on - after watching the game imo the rankings of each team are/were right on the money ... Jackson 82 Vinton County 51 a final ...

... Vinton County is a club which starts 3 seniors( Will Arthur 2 points/Gavin Arbaugh - 13 points/Aaron Stevens 5 points) /1 soph (Zane Karr 2 pts) 1 junior Lance Montgomery (17 pts) ... the first off the bench 2 sophs & a junior (Eli Radabaugh & Braylon Damron sophs ... Esiason herrold a junior) ... having watched the freshman, JV games as well VC has size, quality perimeter scorers, PGs in the pipeline ... the 3 seniors put up 20 of the VC 51 points ... 31 to underclassman ... VC HAS a bright future AND they are not out of a possible 3 way tie at the TVC Ohio when all is said a done ! ... On this night vs my #3 VC DID stay in the game for about 2 1/2 quarters - one must DEFINE "stay in the game" ... the Vikings were within striking distance of the Ironmen which means that IF they got a stop or two AND hit a couple of shots THEN VC would be in a 2 possession game ... the quarter scoring :

Jackson ..... 15 .... 28 .... 19 .... 20 - 82
Vinton Co ... 12 .... 19 .... 15 .... 5 - 51

... running qtr scores:

Jackson .... 15 .... 43 .... 62 .... 82
Vinton Co .. 12 .... 31 .... 46 .... 51

... at the 5:32 mark of the 3rd a Jackson timeout ... JHS leading by 10 points 47 - 37 ... from the 5:32 to the end of the 3rd Jackson when on a 15-9 run ... the final quarter Jackson 20 - 5 ... combined from 5:32 in the 3rd ALL Ironmen : 35-14 run to close this one out 82-51 ... +31 for Jackson ... 16-2 Jackson leaving McArthur while the Vikings dropped their 5th game at 10-5 on the season ...

Vinton County was out of their league both literally and figuratively ... Jackson had the best player on the court in PG Caleb Wallis ... a player who doesn't have to count on ANYONE to "get HIM the ball" ... starting EVERY trip down court - whether that's after a made bucket or in transition - with the ball , with the opportunity to "make a decision" ( keep it, take it to the rim, take to the elbow, take the 3 ball, take it baseline ... ALL of the penetration with the ball either gets Wallis all the way to the rim OR more importantly imo gives CW a chance to make a decision/see the floor/find his teammates) ANY TIME Caleb Wallis has the ball in his hands the opposition is behind the 8 ball - he scores at the rim, he can kill you with the 3 ball, he penetrates AND FINDS teammates in the corner, cutting to the rim, behind the 3 point line ... Wallis makes you pay , the entire Ironman TEAM makes you pay as Boston Kuhn/Griffin Brown/Wallis AND THE BEST ROLE PLAYER IN SEO - Caden Donaldson - ALL take and hit the 3 ball ... Jackson went 9/15 from behind the line Kuhn/Wallis/Brown/Donaldson ALL with at least one triple ... add to the mix Braxton Hammond who crashes the boards at both ends, gets out in transition where last night he finished above the rim for a transition dunk & 1 that brought the house down - put the exclamation on this one ... Jackson 82 Vinton County 51 a final ...

...Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Vinton County

Scoring ... Lance Montgomery 17, Gavin Arbaugh 13, Eli Radabaugh 6, Aaron Stevens 5, Esiason Herrold 4, Will Arthur 2, Zane Karr 2, Brock Hammon 2
3 Pointers ... 4/20 ... Eli Radabaugh 2, Gavin Arbaugh 1, Aaron Stevens 1
FTs .... 13/17
TOs .... 19
PnP .... 12 fgs/ 24 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg / 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

... Coach Combs is one of the best in the last 20 seasons, in position with the injuries to Alexander, suspensions at Athens to either win or tie for the TVC Ohio and finish with 15 or 16 wins on the season ... with what I saw on the freshman, JV and younin's on varsity - the Vikings will be improving on this season's record even IF VC finishes with 15-16 W's ... good talent over the next 5 years plus ... I always enjoy making the short 30 minute trip to McArthur - always to run into the fine coaching staff around Coach Combs , fellow seops posters - Dundas good to see and chat last night !

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Jackson ...

Scoring ... Caleb Wallis 29, Caden Donaldson 12, Braxton Hammond 9, Evan Evans 8, Drew Bragg 6, Jacob Winter 6, Griffin Brown 5, Boston Kuhn 5, Nate Woodard 2

3 Pointers .... 9/15 ... Caleb Wallis 4, Caden Donaldon 3, Griffin Brown 1, Boston Kuhn 1
FTs ....... 13/15
TOs ...... 14
PnP ...... 21 fgs/ 42 points in the paint
PnT ..... 8 fgs/16 points in transition
Pbk ..... 5 fgs/ 10 points on putback buckets

... last night was my 4th look at Jackson ... last week vs Alexander MIGHT have been a better overall game at both ends of the floor but last night wasn't bad ! Caleb Wallis showed his importance , the importance an outstanding PG can make in a team , to make a TEAM ... CW made a double take spin move at full speed, into the paint, to the rim and finish that made me smile, chuckle, shake my head AND say to anyone who was listening "THAT just isn't fair" LOL ... my point in the semi rundown was to emphasize HOW good CW is ! - he CAN/DOES score EVERY WAY possible .. but his biggest value is that HE is a true PG ... HE KNOWS where his teammates ARE, HE LOOKS FOR/FINDS his teammates in the spots on the floor where they can score - at the rim, beyond the 3 point line - doesn't matter, he LOOKS FOR & FINDS THEM ALL ... CW didn't score 82 points ! the Jackson TEAM scored 82 points which means the Ironmen TEAM has a lot of excellent role players - Brown/Kuhn/Bragg/Hammond/Donaldson/Winter/Spires - who ALL contribute in every way on the napkin stat sheet ... who ALL make what Caleb Wallis does as a PG work - if they don't finish or couldn't finish JHS isn't the TEAM that it is ... heck I haven't even touched on the Apple'town D - I'll save it for another game as pfloyd WILL be in the cheap seats to watch Jackson again ...

... Great watching the games in VC last night with Warren's Coach Maddox and Coach Mitchem ... always good to touch bases with Coach Morrow & his staff as well ... Coach Morrow's father, Dan Morrow made his way to the cheap seats to say hello last night ... Mr. Donaldson ! always a pleasure to see you when I come to see the Ironmen - your son is one of the reasons the Ironmen are what they are - excellent ... 16-2 ... I92 as always was in the house ! good to run into you on the way out my friend ... lastly - for those of us who were there for all 3 games last night, Coach Terry Hale the general courtside for VC's freshman squad did a great thing to open the evening ... the 2 teams agreed to allow VC to get the tip, VC held the ball for 8 seconds, then called a 24 sec timeout in respect for the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant ... upon taking out the ball after the 24 sec TO moment of silence ... VC took it out, and gave the ball over to the Jackson team who worked with VC to make this showing of respect happen. Nice job Coach Hale ... although I expect nothing less from the coaching staff at VC - a class act all ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County 51 Jackson 82 a final ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Goodness Pfloyd, Wallis gonna be strutting around like he’s 5’9 after reading that

Great rundown though and it’s great to be on the raving end of your recaps after all the years you have been doing these.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Goodness Floyd.

Ironman92 won’t be able to sleep tonight now.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:07 pm Vinton County 51
Jackson 82 a final ...

... the Ironmen of Coach Morrow rolled into McArtur with a 15-2 record , the only blemishes on the JHS pocket schedule one to Chillicothe at home -14, loss #2 to Wheelersburg by -2 on the second day of a B2B (for JHS the game 1 was AT Elite 8/defensive minded Unioto AT the U) ... looking at the VC schedule entering this matchup the Vikings quality opponents were -26 vs Zane Trace, -13 vs Athens and -11 vs Fairfield Union ... on paper, looking at the matchup Jackson sits at #3 , Vinton County (10-4 pre game) at #21 ... top 25 team MIGHT be able to hang with Elite 8 #3 for 1 or 2 quarters UNLESS #3 has a few players battling the flu bug, one of those players the best PG Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line AND the #21 team is led courtside by one of the BEST coaches in SEOhio ... THEN one has to think - hmmmmmmmm I've seen Jackson 3 times prior to last night, Vinton County ? Nada ... THEN you have to wonder - are the rankings worth the paper(screen)they're printed on - after watching the game imo the rankings of each team are/were right on the money ... Jackson 82 Vinton County 51 a final ...

... Vinton County is a club which starts 3 seniors( Will Arthur 2 points/Gavin Arbaugh - 13 points/Aaron Stevens 5 points) /1 soph (Zane Karr 2 pts) 1 junior Lance Montgomery (17 pts) ... the first off the bench 2 sophs & a junior (Eli Radabaugh & Braylon Damron sophs ... Esiason herrold a junior) ... having watched the freshman, JV games as well VC has size, quality perimeter scorers, PGs in the pipeline ... the 3 seniors put up 20 of the VC 51 points ... 31 to underclassman ... VC HAS a bright future AND they are not out of a possible 3 way tie at the TVC Ohio when all is said a done ! ... On this night vs my #3 VC DID stay in the game for about 2 1/2 quarters - one must DEFINE "stay in the game" ... the Vikings were within striking distance of the Ironmen which means that IF they got a stop or two AND hit a couple of shots THEN VC would be in a 2 possession game ... the quarter scoring :

Jackson ..... 15 .... 28 .... 19 .... 20 - 82
Vinton Co ... 12 .... 19 .... 15 .... 5 - 51

... running qtr scores:

Jackson .... 15 .... 43 .... 62 .... 82
Vinton Co .. 12 .... 31 .... 46 .... 51

... at the 5:32 mark of the 3rd a Jackson timeout ... JHS leading by 10 points 47 - 37 ... from the 5:32 to the end of the 3rd Jackson when on a 15-9 run ... the final quarter Jackson 20 - 5 ... combined from 5:32 in the 3rd ALL Ironmen : 35-14 run to close this one out 82-51 ... +31 for Jackson ... 16-2 Jackson leaving McArthur while the Vikings dropped their 5th game at 10-5 on the season ...

Vinton County was out of their league both literally and figuratively ... Jackson had the best player on the court in PG Caleb Wallis ... a player who doesn't have to count on ANYONE to "get HIM the ball" ... starting EVERY trip down court - whether that's after a made bucket or in transition - with the ball , with the opportunity to "make a decision" ( keep it, take it to the rim, take to the elbow, take the 3 ball, take it baseline ... ALL of the penetration with the ball either gets Wallis all the way to the rim OR more importantly imo gives CW a chance to make a decision/see the floor/find his teammates) ANY TIME Caleb Wallis has the ball in his hands the opposition is behind the 8 ball - he scores at the rim, he can kill you with the 3 ball, he penetrates AND FINDS teammates in the corner, cutting to the rim, behind the 3 point line ... Wallis makes you pay , the entire Ironman TEAM makes you pay as Boston Kuhn/Griffin Brown/Wallis AND THE BEST ROLE PLAYER IN SEO - Caden Donaldson - ALL take and hit the 3 ball ... Jackson went 9/15 from behind the line Kuhn/Wallis/Brown/Donaldson ALL with at least one triple ... add to the mix Braxton Hammond who crashes the boards at both ends, gets out in transition where last night he finished above the rim for a transition dunk & 1 that brought the house down - put the exclamation on this one ... Jackson 82 Vinton County 51 a final ...

...Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Vinton County

Scoring ... Lance Montgomery 17, Gavin Arbaugh 13, Eli Radabaugh 6, Aaron Stevens 5, Esiason Herrold 4, Will Arthur 2, Zane Karr 2, Brock Hammon 2
3 Pointers ... 4/20 ... Eli Radabaugh 2, Gavin Arbaugh 1, Aaron Stevens 1
FTs .... 13/17
TOs .... 19
PnP .... 12 fgs/ 24 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg / 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

... Coach Combs is one of the best in the last 20 seasons, in position with the injuries to Alexander, suspensions at Athens to either win or tie for the TVC Ohio and finish with 15 or 16 wins on the season ... with what I saw on the freshman, JV and younin's on varsity - the Vikings will be improving on this season's record even IF VC finishes with 15-16 W's ... good talent over the next 5 years plus ... I always enjoy making the short 30 minute trip to McArthur - always to run into the fine coaching staff around Coach Combs , fellow seops posters - Dundas good to see and chat last night !

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Jackson ...

Scoring ... Caleb Wallis 29, Caden Donaldson 12, Braxton Hammond 9, Evan Evans 8, Drew Bragg 6, Jacob Winter 6, Griffin Brown 5, Boston Kuhn 5, Nate Woodard 2

3 Pointers .... 9/15 ... Caleb Wallis 4, Caden Donaldon 3, Griffin Brown 1, Boston Kuhn 1
FTs ....... 13/15
TOs ...... 14
PnP ...... 21 fgs/ 42 points in the paint
PnT ..... 8 fgs/16 points in transition
Pbk ..... 5 fgs/ 10 points on putback buckets

... last night was my 4th look at Jackson ... last week vs Alexander MIGHT have been a better overall game at both ends of the floor but last night wasn't bad ! Caleb Wallis showed his importance , the importance an outstanding PG can make in a team , to make a TEAM ... CW made a double take spin move at full speed, into the paint, to the rim and finish that made me smile, chuckle, shake my head AND say to anyone who was listening "THAT just isn't fair" LOL ... my point in the semi rundown was to emphasize HOW good CW is ! - he CAN/DOES score EVERY WAY possible .. but his biggest value is that HE is a true PG ... HE KNOWS where his teammates ARE, HE LOOKS FOR/FINDS his teammates in the spots on the floor where they can score - at the rim, beyond the 3 point line - doesn't matter, he LOOKS FOR & FINDS THEM ALL ... CW didn't score 82 points ! the Jackson TEAM scored 82 points which means the Ironmen TEAM has a lot of excellent role players - Brown/Kuhn/Bragg/Hammond/Donaldson/Winter/Spires - who ALL contribute in every way on the napkin stat sheet ... who ALL make what Caleb Wallis does as a PG work - if they don't finish or couldn't finish JHS isn't the TEAM that it is ... heck I haven't even touched on the I'town D - I'll save it for another game as pfloyd WILL be in the cheap seats to watch Jackson again ...

... Great watching the games in VC last night with Warren's Coach Maddox and Coach Mitchem ... always good to touch bases with Coach Morrow & his staff as well ... Coach Morrow's father, Dan Morrow made his way to the cheap seats to say hello last night ... Mr. Donaldson ! always a pleasure to see you when I come to see the Ironmen - your son is one of the reasons the Ironmen are what they are - excellent ... 16-2 ... I92 as always was in the house ! good to run into you on the way my friend ... lastly - for those of us who were there for all 3 games last night, Coach Terry Hale the general courtside for VC's freshman squad did a great thing to open the evening ... the 2 teams agreed to allow VC to get the tip, VC held the ball for 8 seconds, then called a 24 sec timeout in respect for the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant ... upon taking out the ball after the 24 sec TO moment of silence ... VC took it out, and gave the ball over to the Jackson team who worked with VC to make this showing of respect happen. Nice job Coach Hale ... although I expect nothing less from the coaching staff at VC - a class act all ...

Agree 💯 on Donaldson as the best role player in the area. Probably the most athletic kid in his entire class. Lockdown defender , gets to most loose balls , his Intensity is off the charts , will scrap for rebounds , scores on put backs ect , can take you off the dribble at times and this year is shooting the 3 very well. What Caden brings can’t be measured. Don’t let his million dollar smile fool you , the kid will scrap if needed. It’s in his DNA. Caden is playing like at an all conference level and should be recognized as such. So proud of his efforts this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:49 pm Goodness Floyd.

Always enjoy when you post at the mlittle humor level

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 pm Goodness Pfloyd, Wallis gonna be strutting around like he’s 5’9 after reading that

Great rundown though and it’s great to be on the raving end of your recaps after all the years you have been doing these.
... LOL I92 IF I could get him to 'bout 6-1 before the post season THEN we're talking lonnnnnng run through the one and done season LOL ... seriously though I just enjoy watching good basketball, knowing what the coaching staff does to get the TEAM to perform - as a team ... Max & his JHS team took on the persona of Coach Ford when he was at Jackson - I enjoyed watching Max during HIS time at JHS as a player ... NOW Max has taken THAT energy that he brought to the court when HE played and applied to coaching (like Coach Ford) , HIS TEAMS have taken on HIS persona on the court ... there are teams I go watch that I can't help but smile the entire game - the Jackson club is one of them ... I've enjoyed watching Caleb from his freshman year on up , watching his game develop at both ends ... that spin move last night ! unbelievable ! the 10 sec in your face D he did on Kearns for Alex right before the technical LOL THAT was again unbelievable !!! ... pfloyd likes good basketball ! Jackson plays it the right way ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Players of the Game from last night :

Vinton County ... Lance Montgomery
Jackson ... Caden Donaldson/Caleb Wallis

... well played gentlemen ! great to watch you all from the Cheap Seats --pfloyd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd

I’ve sat and cheered when Jackson was 0-22....I witnessed a 1 win season in 1987. I’ve seen 2 win teams, 3 win, 4, 5...but I’ve only seen a couple 16 win seasons. I like how it feels for my team to play hard as heck AND be very good at basketball. I began going to games (at home) back in the early mid 80’s. Watched our star guard Pat Stevens lead the Ironmen to a rare district appearance and scoring 22 ppg. Few years later watched a bad 3-18 Ironmen team guided by Greg Harris who scored 23 ppg, watched Brad Howe in the mid 90’s lead a 14-6 team at 25 ppg but lost in sectionals....watched our last league champion team in 1990-91 led by SEOAL POY Willie Woodard (that’s his son on JV/Varsity), watched Coach Ford do his thing with Max Morrow and co and now that same flavor is back...and Mr. Caleb Wallis is all over that all-time I’92 Ironmen basketball team. Most exciting to watch player at JHS that I’ve ever seen. Wallis also sitting at 22.7 ppg and leading Jackson to a potentially un thought of 20 win season.

Still several big games to go and the postseason...but I told people this Ironmen team might be better than last year’s. They are firing now like I watched them this summer....but won’t mean as much if they don’t keep it going. The opportunity is there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Not gonna even lie. I had the meme ready to post with the guy from South Park sitting in the chair and him and the whole room is covered in splooge. Was gonna put this is I92 after reading Pfloyds write up but I figured someone would take it down so I didn’t bother

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Not gonna even lie. I had the meme ready to post with the guy from South Park sitting in the chair and him and the whole room is covered in splooge. Was gonna put this is I92 after reading Pfloyds write up but I figured someone would take it down so I didn’t bother
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Great rundown PFloyd, as always! I was happy to see vc compete with a very talented Jackson squad for 2.5 quarters. The Vikings have shown spurts of playing at a high level this season, but against the great teams, they haven’t been able to stay on that level for a full 4 quarters. It is worth noting that Arbaugh didn’t practice much this week as he went down last Saturday with an ankle sprain. With that said, even if he had been 100%, Jackson was the better team last night. Caleb Wallis is the fastest kid I’ve ever seen with a basketball. So quick and agile. Great outside shot and a threat in transition. I felt like I was watching Tristan Bartoe from a few years ago. Jackson should be the 1 seed in the sectional. No doubt about it. Good luck to them the rest of the way! It was great to see you last night Floyd! Thanks for doing everything that YOU do for SEO hoops!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, great rundown as always.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Thank you my man for the kind words. I wish I was able to say "Hi."

I cannot take credit for the Kobe tribute, that was all the kids. I didn't realized that I had so many Kobe fans. I told them if they wanted to do something, it had to have two things, it had to be sincere and it had to be unanimous. That is what they came up with, I merely called the timeout. I think Kobe and Gigi would have appreciated it, but probably also think I was a dummy for not having that timeout in the closing seconds of the game.

We were 10-2, now 10-3, and Jackson is 11-1, boy...I sure would have liked to handed them that second loss. But when you play a little sloppy, make bad decisions, and dig your self a big hole, it is hard to come back from that. However, I am proud of the kids, they certainly tried, they gutted it out after being down 11 at one point in the second half, to have cut it to 2 in the closing seconds. We will learn, we will get better, and we move on. And yes...the future is very bright at Vinton County.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 pm Great rundown PFloyd, as always! I was happy to see vc compete with a very talented Jackson squad for 2.5 quarters. The Vikings have shown spurts of playing at a high level this season, but against the great teams, they haven’t been able to stay on that level for a full 4 quarters. It is worth noting that Arbaugh didn’t practice much this week as he went down last Saturday with an ankle sprain. With that said, even if he had been 100%, Jackson was the better team last night. Caleb Wallis is the fastest kid I’ve ever seen with a basketball. So quick and agile. Great outside shot and a threat in transition. I felt like I was watching Tristan Bartoe from a few years ago. Jackson should be the 1 seed in the sectional. No doubt about it. Good luck to them the rest of the way! It was great to see you last night Floyd! Thanks for doing everything that YOU do for SEO hoops!
I figured someone from VC would have to mention an illness or injury. :lol: Also, Jackson would be the better team on any night, not just that night. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 am
Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 pm Great rundown PFloyd, as always! I was happy to see vc compete with a very talented Jackson squad for 2.5 quarters. The Vikings have shown spurts of playing at a high level this season, but against the great teams, they haven’t been able to stay on that level for a full 4 quarters. It is worth noting that Arbaugh didn’t practice much this week as he went down last Saturday with an ankle sprain. With that said, even if he had been 100%, Jackson was the better team last night. Caleb Wallis is the fastest kid I’ve ever seen with a basketball. So quick and agile. Great outside shot and a threat in transition. I felt like I was watching Tristan Bartoe from a few years ago. Jackson should be the 1 seed in the sectional. No doubt about it. Good luck to them the rest of the way! It was great to see you last night Floyd! Thanks for doing everything that YOU do for SEO hoops!
I figured someone from VC would have to mention an illness or injury. :lol: Also, Jackson would be the better team on any night, not just that night. :mrgreen:
Here I am complimenting your team and your teams best player and you take a shot. This is why no one likes Jackson. Can’t even give you a complement. 🙄

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:29 pm
Here I am complimenting your team and your teams best player and you take a shot. This is why no one likes Jackson. Can’t even give you a complement. 🙄
He’s not one of us....if he is he only posts to get after Wellston/VC

“No one” likes Jackson

Please don’t lump one person into an entire fan base community. It seems very few in VC like Jackson. Jackson people all over the Convo for years cheering on VC. Our program thinks the world of Coach Combs and his program and it’s great to finally be successful. I hope VC wins the TVC and finds a way to the Convo again (without beating us)...I wonder a bit how many VC fans feel the same towards Jackson? Might be a bigger number than I’m thinking but it doesn’t seem to be a big number.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

You’re better than that Dundas.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:40 pm

He’s not one of us....if he is he only posts to get after Wellston/VC

“No one” likes Jackson

Please don’t lump one person into an entire fan base community. It seems very few in VC like Jackson. Jackson people all over the Convo for years cheering on VC. Our program thinks the world of Coach Combs and his program and it’s great to finally be successful. I hope VC wins the TVC and finds a way to the Convo again (without beating us)...I wonder a bit how many VC fans feel the same towards Jackson? Might be a bigger number than I’m thinking but it doesn’t seem to be a big number.
If you read my compliment, I stated Jackson should be the 1 seed and wished them well the rest of the way. I love the Jackson/VC rivalry. It’s great for both programs. Jackson and Vinton Counties are more connected than most other counties. They have the same papers, the radio has a blanket over both counties. It’s more like one big county with two separate names. I’ve been to plenty of Jackson playoff games pulling for Red. We (VC) aren’t jealous or wish you ill will. But there are (more than I can count) instances of arrogance and pure disrespect from certain Jackson folks. So when I read it on here, yes, you’re going to get a response. Anywho, I hope Jackson wins the district. I believe they are the best team and they have a player that opposing teams are going to struggle to contain. Easily the best player I’ve seen this season. Good luck. VC is rooting for you.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:24 pm

You’re better than that Dundas.
You know me Poo. I don’t take shots, only return them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”