Super Sectional Travel

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Super Sectional Travel

Post by Ironman92 »

Heard a lot of excuses using travel to go against using this....looking through the brackets I see very little.

I saw a Manchester to Wellston, Nelsonville to Waverly, if Meigs they’ll travel to Waverly and then Miller to Northwest. All bottom seeds for rd 1 and potentially Meigs for rd 2

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Super Sectional Travel

Post by Hoopie74 »

Looks like Peebles went against what everyone said and took the short trip to Northwest. One game at a time Indians. There are some pretty interesting match- ups in all the brackets.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:01 pm Heard a lot of excuses using travel to go against using this....looking through the brackets I see very little.

I saw a Manchester to Wellston, Nelsonville to Waverly, if Meigs they’ll travel to Waverly and then Miller to Northwest. All bottom seeds for rd 1 and potentially Meigs for rd 2
Miller to NW... :o
I wouldn't want to make that bus ride.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:54 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:01 pm Heard a lot of excuses using travel to go against using this....looking through the brackets I see very little.

Miller to NW... :o
I wouldn't want to make that bus ride.
It’s only 106 miles coach

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

my butt couldn't take it... or my knees

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:06 pm Looks like Peebles went against what everyone said and took the short trip to Northwest. One game at a time Indians. There are some pretty interesting match- ups in all the brackets.
I’m not sure people understood the new rules. The choice your coach had was Athens 1 or 2. He chose to play The EAST District in the Regionals over The Central District Champ. He didn’t choose Northwest over Wellston. Your proximity to Northwest places you at that location.

If he would have chosen to play The Central District Champ in The Regional Semis then You would still be at Northwest for your sectional.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:55 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:06 pm Looks like Peebles went against what everyone said and took the short trip to Northwest. One game at a time Indians. There are some pretty interesting match- ups in all the brackets.
I’m not sure people understood the new rules. The choice your coach had was Athens 1 or 2. He chose to play The EAST District in the Regionals over The Central District Champ. He didn’t choose Northwest over Wellston. Your proximity to Northwest places you at that location.

If he would have chosen to play The Central District Champ in The Regional Semis then You would still be at Northwest for your sectional.
What colors would they wear? Is it a split session?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Agree. I was under the impression that one bracket had to go to Wellston and one to Northwest. Thanks!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

is playing the D4 games at Wellston this year a new thing or did they do this in the past?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Reds Fan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:23 pm is playing the D4 games at Wellston this year a new thing or did they do this in the past?
It had been at Meigs, but this year moved to Wellston.

Wellston is a much, much better fit and a more centralized location. Kudos to SEODAB for making the switch.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:30 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:23 pm is playing the D4 games at Wellston this year a new thing or did they do this in the past?

Wellston is a much, much better fit and a more centralized location. Kudos to SEODAB for making the switch.
one of my personal favorite gyms to play in and to watch a game in.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Reds Fan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:32 pm

100% agree with you. Huge gym with equal seating on both sides and standing areas up top. I've always thought that if the Convo fell through for scheduling issues that Wellston would be a fun district location.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:36 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:32 pm

100% agree with you. Huge gym with equal seating on both sides and standing areas up top. I've always thought that if the Convo fell through for scheduling issues that Wellston would be a fun district location.
I think it could work if ya pulled the extra seats out on the second floor plus the balcony that goes around the whole gym. it would be a great atmosphere

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:00 am

What colors would they wear? Is it a split session?
Always wear Orange.

Everything is a split session for you.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Yes. It has been at Wellston in the past

Return to “Boys Basketball”