Not good !!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Not good !!!!!

Post by FANOSPORTS »

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... TT2HrTgAww.

(We'll see what happens here in a year or two but the kid needs some history lessons on the "fat old man" who could have played circles around him back in the day while @ Indian Valley South playing under his HOF dad Charlie. A little humble pie IMO will be coming down the road when he starts playing with the big boys. I've thought he was overrated at Gallipolis and won't make any impact playing in the B-12 at Baylor, just my opinion).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Not good !!!!!

Post by LucasDavenport »

It does say he didn’t receive much consideration from Coach Huggins while receiving offers from other big time schools.

And he ain’t wrong.

Not sure why you want to take shots at the kid but I will leave it for now.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I'm a Huggins fan ! Huggins is one fine coach!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He ain’t lying :lol:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:02 am It does say he didn’t receive much consideration from Coach Huggins while receiving offers from other big time schools.

And he ain’t wrong.

Not sure why you want to take shots at the kid but I will leave it for now.
I’m thinking it’s the fact that he could have taken the high road rather than calling him a “fat old man”. He could have simply said “me playing for Huggins...not going to happen”.

Seeing him play at Logan last year and sitting no more than 8 feet from his dad, I’m not surprised though. His father surely didn’t display any sort of character or respect that night. So it appears the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

And before anyone jumps on “he is just a teenager”, I know plenty of teen athletes who know how to take the high road. Him being a four star player doesn’t give him a pass. Learn how to respect others. Simple as that.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

He doesn’t fit what WVU does anyway. He’s nowhere near either of their bigs right now. He would have a bad time with Tshiebwe or Culver.

Truthreader
Waterboy

Post by Truthreader »

Boils down to he probably couldn't handle the discipline!!!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Huggs has a ton of respect in this area so not sure why the young man would choose the words he chose.

Nonetheless, he'll be seeing Huggins 2X a year the next 4 years in BIG12 play (which should be called the BIG 10 considering they technically only have 10 teams)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Wonder if Coach Huggins takes the high road when shaking hands after Game next year??? Or If he says you played a nice game from the bench Stren Bean!!!!!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

People are really mad at this kid.

Should he have said it? No. But, I’m sure none of you on here ever said anything like that...oh, most of you already have on this thread about a teenager.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The 6'7 kid that Gallia has now is going to be a player ! If he don't turn his back on bball and just play football !?because The Ohio State has him on radar for football 6'7 270 lb Fr.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am The 6'7 kid that Gallia has now is going to be a player ! If he don't turn his back on bball and just play football !?because The Ohio State has him on radar for football 6'7 270 lb Fr.
He is the real deal, there's no doubt about that. Very good basketball player at that but it's easy to see why he'll be a high major D1 prospect in football.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

To be honest ! I would like to see the 6'7 fr. Vs 7' 1 Sr. Match up in bball play against each other !

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:07 am People are really mad at this kid.

Should he have said it? No. But, I’m sure none of you on here ever said anything like that...oh, most of you already have on this thread about a teenager.
It’s my crabs in a bucket theory.

Truth is it doesn’t matter because whether he finishes at Baylor or ends up at Circleville bible college. He’ll have more than most morons on this site and that’s a free college education.

Just a bunch of crabs in a bucket

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:06 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:07 am People are really mad at this kid.

Truth is it doesn’t matter because whether he finishes at Baylor or ends up at Circleville bible college. He’ll have more than most morons on this site and that’s a free college education.

pretty sure it’s spelled “collage”

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:18 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:06 pm

pretty sure it’s spelled “collage”
My bad

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Do not make a big deal out of this, remember he is a teenager and is going to say things and make mistakes. Just a question, did you ever say anything when you were young that you wish you had never said? He is still just a kid and kids make mistakes!

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

Kids say silly stuff all the time. If this is the worst thing he’s done then I’d say he’s a pretty great kid imo.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sandman18 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:49 pm Kids say silly stuff all the time. If this is the worst thing he’s done then I’d say he’s a pretty great kid imo.
Agreed. It seems like some here just try to tear this kid down

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 am
Sandman18 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:49 pm Kids say silly stuff all the time. If this is the worst thing he’s done then I’d say he’s a pretty great kid imo.
Agreed. It seems like some here just try to tear this kid down
Some still salty about him leaving is all

Return to “Boys Basketball”