Gallia Academy/Waverly

Vik
JV Team

Gallia Academy/Waverly

Post by Vik »

Who thinks Gallia Academy can knock off Waverly?

I think we can. Tough league and we beat Fairland and if we can beat Fairland we can beat Waverly. I think we are ready for this and the road to the Convo is with teams we can matchup with even though we are the underdogs. Look for Logan Blouir to give Robertson problems. I think this will be a really good game even if we don’t win. Gallia Academy 59-56

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy/Waverly

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone give a rundown on Gallia? Don’t know much about em

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:02 pm Anyone give a rundown on Gallia? Don’t know much about em
Hopefully you are a coach! We have improved pretty good. Blouir a solid all around player and senior leader. I won’t spill anymore ha

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Vik wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:07 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:02 pm Anyone give a rundown on Gallia? Don’t know much about em
Hopefully you are a coach! We have improved pretty good. Blouir a solid all around player and senior leader. I won’t spill anymore ha
Not a coach. Im sure both staffs have plenty of film on each other and aren’t going to be checking on here to help make their game plan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:07 pm
Not a coach. Im sure both staffs have plenty of film on each other and aren’t going to be checking on here to help make their game plan.
This. But I will say most every coach does read this site. I guarantee bulletin board material can be had on here. I always try to be careful on that.

As for the game. Blour is a good player and I think they have a big 6’7 d line looking kid who is only a freshman. Harrison will have them playing hard and I’d guess will make it a pretty good game. I think Waverly wins by about 10 but if Waverly wins by 60 I’ll be ok with that too. Waverly will need Smallwood and Futhey chipping in about 20 points combined and Waverly should advance.

Waverly 61
Gallia 53

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Vik wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am Who thinks Gallia Academy can knock off Waverly?

I think we can. Tough league and we beat Fairland and if we can beat Fairland we can beat Waverly. I think we are ready for this and the road to the Convo is with teams we can matchup with even though we are the underdogs. Look for Logan Blouir to give Robertson problems. I think this will be a really good game even if we don’t win. Gallia Academy 59-56
I agree that Logan Blouir is a very good player, and is very capable of giving any player that try's to guard him problems, likewise Trey Robertson can be a handful for anyone trying to guard him also. To me on a few occasions this year, there were a few games that you didn't really know witch team was going to show up that night, and I'm talking about both teams. No doubt both teams will give great effort, probably have to give the edge to the Tigers though.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

I think if the blue devils come in all nochalant and do not commit too many turnover we will win. if isaaic clary has 5+ turnover the game is gonna be lost. I think logan will have to have a big game. Thomas Davis and cremeens are each gonna have to have a solid outing. Ive seen my blue devils enough this year to know they can play. The way they played fairland was great. I wish they would play that way every game.this is a very winnable game. Hope my devils come out on top.

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
momof3
Waterboy

Post by momof3 »

porkyfan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:17 am I think if the blue devils come in all nochalant and do not commit too many turnover we will win. if isaaic clary has 5+ turnover the game is gonna be lost. I think logan will have to have a big game. Thomas Davis and cremeens are each gonna have to have a solid outing. Ive seen my blue devils enough this year to know they can play. The way they played fairland was great. I wish they would play that way every game.this is a very winnable game. Hope my devils come out on top.
I
Last edited by momof3 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Where have the Gallia posters been all season?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I've seen both teams, Gallia 3 times and Waverly once. Gallia's upset of Fairland showed what the Blue Devils are capable of, just like Waverly's win at Wheelersburg showed that the Tigers can play at a high level. Trey Robertson has expanded his game this season as he showed vs. the Burg the ability to get to the basket and not rely on just 3 point shooting. Both teams have some good size inside with Futhey of Waverly and Clary of Gallia Academy. That matchup might be a push. Logan Blouir is a solid player for GAHS, and he has a versatile offensive game. It will be interesting to see how GAHS defends Robertson, and how Waverly defends Blouir. Both are very capable of 20+ points.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This is a very dangerous matchup for Waverly. Freshman big kid is a talent and Blouir is a well rounded athlete who can score and defend. Robertson still is the best player on the floor so this one comes down to the role players. Which team has players step up?

I still think Waverly wins by 5-7, but it wouldn't shock me to see Gallia pull the upset.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

waverly needs to be very very careful tonight
young Gallia team capable of the upset
if this game is close late i'm taking Gallia in the upset
65-63

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

blouir best in D2

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

82nd wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:27 pm blouir best in D2
There are a lot of very good players in Div-2, he's one of the best.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Gallia is not winning this game tonight. Zero chance

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

If Waverly has learned one thing this season, it should be not to take any team lightly. Which I don’t believe they will take Gallia lightly in any way tonight. The Tigers have had a tendency all season to let teams, who on paper the Tigers should be able to handle, hang around and allow games to come down to the wire. They have been in many OT games this season and are battle tested. I’m sure they’ll be ready for a war tonight.

I look for Waverly to speed this game up, maybe a full court press or at least full court guard pick up. Especially when Stulley is in the game. Smallwood will need to play well against their big, he doesn’t give up any height but definitely is outsized weight wise. Long as he puts a body on Clary, Futhey and Brown should be able to get boards. I think Trey goes for about 25-30. Hopefully Zeke plays a little better than he has the past couple of games, he hasn’t played bad, just not his usual self since he was sick. I’m sure he is just getting back into the swing of things and would like to see him have a nice game tonight to get some confidence going.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Gallia has to control tempo. Probably won’t happen. Waverly moves on.

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

I think Waverly’s guards are too athletic and their defense will be too much for Gallias guards to handle for 4 quarters. Although Gallia has a fair chance to come out with a W I’d like to think waverly wins by 12 plus.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Is this game on live stream anywhere?

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm waverly needs to be very very careful tonight
young Gallia team capable of the upset
if this game is close late i'm taking Gallia in the upset
65-63
Tough to call a team “young” with 7 seniors. This team is veteran and should be able to win this game. Hopefully big blue doesn’t have another early exit from the tournament. While the Fairland upset was an aberration we still showed our kids have the ability to beat good teams. We haven’t consistently been capable of doing that much the past 10 years or so. It’s time to step up and and get the Blue train rolling again!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”