Post by mrwonderful »

Div 3 is tougher than Div 2...

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Post by Poo Bear »

Cav's Alum wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:07 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:51 pm
Cav's Alum wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 pm LE by 8.
Way to support your FAC brother.
Obviously a Cav's fan but I posted before the tournament started that everyone should watch out for Logan Elm. No size, so-so record but dangerous. I've seen them twice. They have the potential to go to the regional.
Good call

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Prep Expert wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 pm Just saying that Logan Elm was a better team then Jackson as they proved. Jackson is over seeded every year.
You’re an idiot

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Congratulations to the Ironmen on a great season! It’s great to see Jackson building the hoops program to match that great football tradition.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I did get a good laugh seeing a little mike Bloomberg sign outside the school :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

My hats off to Logan Elm, even though I did think that Jackson would probably win by 15 pts. I've always known that Coach Stiverson was one of the best coach's in SEO. This year I just did not think that Logan Elm was consistent enough to be able to beat Jackson. If I had been betting, I would have lost a bundle if someone would have said that Jackson would only score 38 pts.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I might be an idiot, but I stand behind my comment. FAC is a weak conference and Jackson has been over seeded the past couple years. Hopefully people will start to see that.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

28-31 from the line. That's darn near unbelievable! That's got to be some kind of a record.

How was Logan Elm from the line during the regular season?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Prep expert makes good points. First so far with the exception of Chillicothe the FAC has proven to be a weak conference in preparing teams to go forward. Second Jackson lost to every team that would have proved to be a yard stick of their real development. Their best win of the season was Unioto which is also out of the show. I guess Waverly is their best victory now.

When the coach and A D know a good group is coming through the team needs to Schedule up at every possibility. Players need to be challenged so when they are challenged they know how to react. It is more fun too be 15-5 and still playing than to have a 20 win season and be sitting at home.

That being said Jackson bb has come a long way. Give the boys a chance by scheduling better.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

toast wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:05 am 28-31 from the line. That's darn near unbelievable! That's got to be some kind of a record.

wow that's alot of free throws was Jackson fouling that much darn that just seems like way too many in a game I wonder how many attempts Jackson had ?

Burg grad 85
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:26 am
toast wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:05 am 28-31 from the line. That's darn near unbelievable! That's got to be some kind of a record.

wow that's alot of free throws was Jackson fouling that much darn that just seems like way too many in a game I wonder how many attempts Jackson had ?
Jackson was 6/12, didn’t shoot them well. I think the fouls in the 2nd half was around 11-3 and we fouled a few more on purpose. We upped the pressure late in the 3rd but fouled too much doing it.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

toast wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:05 am 28-31 from the line. ... That's got to be some kind of a record.
Nope. Record is 47 made FTs

Individual FT's in a game, tied @ #2 on the list.
28 - Beau Justice, Peebles vs. Eastern Pike (3/14/2015)

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 am Prep expert makes good points. First so far with the exception of Chillicothe the FAC has proven to be a weak conference in preparing teams to go forward. Second Jackson lost to every team that would have proved to be a yard stick of their real development. Their best win of the season was Unioto which is also out of the show. I guess Waverly is their best victory now.

When the coach and A D know a good group is coming through the team needs to Schedule up at every possibility. Players need to be challenged so when they are challenged they know how to react. It is more fun too be 15-5 and still playing than to have a 20 win season and be sitting at home.

That being said Jackson bb has come a long way. Give the boys a chance by scheduling better.
It’s a nice thing to make points without being an ass and saying ridiculous things....and how you choose to word it. You are kind enough to teeter the line. He chimes in immediately after the loss to say Gallia coach was right and he seeded us 6th. I would love to see an arguable 5 teams that should’ve been higher seeded in this sectional. A lot of the teams played a lot of the other teams. I don’t think there is an argument in the world we weren’t top 3 at the very worst.

Yes, we could’ve went outside the district an found a few better games. We scrimmaged great teams before the season and played teams we didn’t have much chance against throughout the summer....I know that’s different but there’s good effort behind doing that.

Did Logan Elm win due to a tougher schedule or better play or both? Did Logan Elm lose to Liberty Union because it was a bad matchup or because Liberty Union played in a good conference? Your point is taken and valid, though not every time you lose is because of your prior schedule. Did you cheer on Ohio St vs Clemson? Ohio State much better conference and it didn’t help in that game. Execution by Clemson was tremendous. Logan Elm was excellent. Our defense wasn’t bad. They only had 7 turnovers and made 28/31 free throws. I sat and watched the game and thought they played nearly perfectly. I’ll ask Logan Elm fans how many games they would’ve lost had they played every game like they did Jackson.

People love to jump at Jackson when something goes bad. Logan Elm was incredible. I want someone that was actually at that game to say that if Jackson plays two or three tougher battles during the season that they win that game. Pfloyd, Lucas Davenport, Bigdaddy were all there. Maybe they all agree. But I can’t sit here and agree that we would’ve won THAT game yesterday with they way they played.

I’m with you on the little tougher schedule, I’m not with anyone yelling we were over seeded based on what was done on the court vs what everyone else did on the court in our sectional.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:53 am
toldya wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 am Prep expert makes good points. First so far with the exception of Chillicothe the FAC has proven to be a weak conference in preparing teams to go forward. Second Jackson lost to every team that would have proved to be a yard stick of their real development. Their best win of the season was Unioto which is also out of the show. I guess Waverly is their best victory now.

It’s a nice thing to make points without being an ass and saying ridiculous things....and how you choose to word it. You are kind enough to teeter the line. He chimes in immediately after the loss to say Gallia coach was right and he seeded us 6th. I would love to see an arguable 5 teams that should’ve been higher seeded in this sectional. A lot of the teams played a lot of the other teams. I don’t think there is an argument in the world we weren’t top 3 at the very worst.

Yes, we could’ve went outside the district an found a few better games. We scrimmaged great teams before the season and played teams we didn’t have much chance against throughout the summer....I know that’s different but there’s good effort behind doing that.

Did Logan Elm win due to a tougher schedule or better play or both? Did Logan Elm lose to Liberty Union because it was a bad matchup or because Liberty Union played in a good conference? Your point is taken and valid, though not every time you lose is because of your prior schedule. Did you cheer on Ohio St vs Clemson? Ohio State much better conference and it didn’t help in that game. Execution by Clemson was tremendous. Logan Elm was excellent. Our defense wasn’t bad. They only had 7 turnovers and made 28/31 free throws. I sat and watched the game and thought they played nearly perfectly. I’ll ask Logan Elm fans how many games they would’ve lost had they played every game like they did Jackson.

People love to jump at Jackson when something goes bad. Logan Elm was incredible. I want someone that was actually at that game to say that if Jackson plays two or three tougher battles during the season that they win that game. Pfloyd, Lucas Davenport, Bigdaddy were all there. Maybe they all agree. But I can’t sit here and agree that we would’ve won THAT game yesterday with they way they played.

I’m with you on the little tougher schedule, I’m not with anyone yelling we were over seeded based on what was done on the court vs what everyone else did on the court in our sectional.
If Logan Elm played like that consistently during the regular-season, it goes 19-3 or 20-2. Fairfield Union is still a tough matchup due to all its size and being pretty fundamentally sound. Obviously this is high school basketball and teams have off nights (Liberty Union game comes to mind) when they don't play as well. Logan Elm has put two of its better games together in the tournament and yesterday was a solid A.

As for scheduling, I looked over Jackson's slate and Chillicothe is obviously the best team in the district and they played in the non-conference Wheelersburg, Athens, Unioto and Waverly. The only thing they could have done was go north and play a couple of Central District teams, but they had a pretty competitive schedule for our area of the state. Sure the bottom half of the FAC was terrible, but the bottom of most conferences in our area were not very good this season.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Logan Elm played Washington twice as well so...

Jackson was a legit 2 seed. They were 19-3 in the regular season and beat the 4,5 and 6 seeds.

Logan Elm probably should have been seeded ahead of Athens but that’s another story.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Ironman92, I have watched LE all year and they are a "jekyl and hyde" type team. Jackson is a very good team and I think their #2 seed was deserving, haven't seen a more deserving #2 seed in the district. With all that said I believe the key to LE winning yesterday was Jason Sailor, the kid who guarded Wallis the whole game, because Sailor is very strong and didn't give Wallis much space to move. How many starters/back ups will Jackson lose this year?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BUCKEYES wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Ironman92, I have watched LE all year and they are a "jekyl and hyde" type team. Jackson is a very good team and I think their #2 seed was deserving, haven't seen a more deserving #2 seed in the district. With all that said I believe the key to LE winning yesterday was Jason Sailor, the kid who guarded Wallis the whole game, because Sailor is very strong and didn't give Wallis much space to move. How many starters/back ups will Jackson lose this year?
We lose Wallis, Donaldson 7 ppg, great defense and rebounding, Brown shooter at 6 ppg

We’ll see on next year. Hammond will be a senior, Bragg and Spires will be juniors, Kuhn a senior....also juniors to be Holden Blankenship a fine athlete that didn’t return until 2 games left and Nate Woodard/Logan Miller who were our top JV players on our 16-5 JV team. Woodard a 6’2 young soph with a 6’6 dad that played D2 ball. Couple athletes on defense off the bench. Our freshman Winters is a load and a fine athlete. He’s a big football prospect but I hope he keeps playing basketball.

We won’t be as consistent but I believe we’ll be a 16-6 type team that could be really good by tourney time next season.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Agree on Sailor. And he scored the first 6 points of the 2nd quarter to give LE the 13-12 lead which they never looked back from.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Main difference in Jackson in my opinion is that the good basketball players will stay at Jackson because Coach Morrow is the man.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I watched Logan Elm 3 times, that was quite a game for them. Jackson big season

Return to “Boys Basketball”