Freshman Team

Eastern Pike vs Peebles

Post by Jayhawks »

Thoughts and predictions?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Eastern Pike vs Peebles

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles has one of the best point guards in the district, a great scoring guard, role players and great coaching. Tough matchup for Eastern Pike.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Eastern's young kids are pretty good and I think have a bright future.... but this is a brutal matchup. Arey is too good of a guy to let it get too ugly but Peebles big.

Peebles 68
Eastern 38

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

These two teams have a great history on the hardwoods from their old Tri- County league days.. I'm sure there will be some hard play by both squads who play in great conferences,but; the Indians have that big bullseye on their backs. I believe the Indians will pull away in the fourth quarter .

SEObballwizard
Waterboy

Post by SEObballwizard »

This game should give Eastern some good experience facing arguably the best, and deepest, D4 team around.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I remember some great games between Peebles and Eastern Pike. Especially when Art Myers coached the Indians and Don Cantrell coached the Eagles. One game in particular that I attended was a district championship game in the early 80's at Chillicothe HS, and the gym was so packed that I watched the game on my knees from the upper deck peering through the railing. I believe Eastern won the game (correct me if I'm wrong), either very close or in OT.

Back then, those two schools were always in the hunt for the district title, and they both just reloaded year after year.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

trojandave wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:02 pm I remember some great games between Peebles and Eastern Pike. Especially when Art Myers coached the Indians and Don Cantrell coached the Eagles. One game in particular that I attended was a district championship game in the early 80's at Chillicothe HS, and the gym was so packed that I watched the game on my knees from the upper deck peering through the railing. I believe Eastern won the game (correct me if I'm wrong), either very close or in OT.

Back then, those two schools were always in the hunt for the district title, and they both just reloaded year after year.
Yes,I believe double overtime. That was an awesome year. The first Justice era at Peebles. Brian and Brett and Kelly Copeland. I believe Neil Leist and company laced em up for the eagles. Old tri- _ county league rivals .Peebles,Western,Eastern,South Webster,Portsmouth Clay,Franklin Furnace were all members of the old tri- county league. I think West Union,Manchester and North Adams were as well. Great league with great coaches.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though Cochenhour is a very good player for Eastern Pike, Browning and company just way more talented overall. I believe that Peebles will win by a very comfortable margin.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Peebles

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Peebles by 15.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Tuesday ,2/25,Northwest high school. Ready for some D4 basketball for the right to go to the convo. Go Indians !!

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

This will be a tough one for the Eagles.

roundball
Waterboy

Post by roundball »

Will be a very tough one for Eastern - Peebles by however many they want. Coach Ayre is class act, so I would guess 25ish

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

😁

Eagle4life
Waterboy

Post by Eagle4life »

Although I believe Peebles will win by around 15-20, Eastern will not lay down,they have played some great competition this year in SOC 2, and our young kids have showed great improvement the last 5 games. If Cochenour gets hot it could be interesting. Good luck tonight Eagles!

I agree with the post above. Peebles and Coache Arey are a class act program.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

eastern in an upset?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Game time in a few.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:20 pm Game time in a few.
PFloyd and I are attending. I will do updates on the update (Tuesday 2/25) and look forward to seeing 2 good matchups the next 2 nights.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:20 pm Game time in a few.
PFloyd and I are attending. I will do updates on the update (Tuesday 2/25) and look forward to seeing 2 good matchups the next 2 nights.
Looking forward to seeing you all. I will have my Cincinnati reds hat on. I hoping my boys aren't too rusty after being off for a long stretch. I will drop in to see you guys!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Swank in the upper deck

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”