Fairland vs Chesapeake 3/6 District Finals

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Fairland vs Chesapeake 3/6 District Finals

Post by ovcfan12 »

Thoughts on this game? Fairland got the first two but both were close. Hard to beat a team 3 times. Anyone know last time these two faced off in district finals or a regional game? I look for it to be a great atmosphere

Dragons16
Waterboy

Re: Fairland vs Chesapeake 3/6 District Finals

Post by Dragons16 »

OVC running strong! If Fairland can control the tempo this will be back to back games beating same team 3 times. Both earlier games this year with Peake started out close should be the same but I’ll take the Dragons pulling away late 58-46

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would probably have to give the edge to the Dragons, especially if the Peake is still down a starter. Sometimes it is very hard to beat a team three times, and I'm sure that coach Davis will have Chesapeake very well prepared to try to do so. I think that no doubt both coaches are considered to be two of the best in SEO. Should be a tremendous crowd for this game, as both schools have very loyal fans that always follow them.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I like the OVC in this one.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Peake24
Waterboy

Post by Peake24 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm I like the OVC in this one.
:lol: :lol:

It depends which chesapeake team shows up imo. Imagine the first half missed layups against Wheelersburg but worse in the games during the regular season. (And played flat) If they stick to their game and take strong shots inside they can control and win this game (From what I’m hearing one of our starters is ready to go after smartly being limited against wheelersburg). I think the larger court plays to Chesapeake's advantage as I saw multiple Dragons huffing pretty hard that I did not see during the regular season. Also, having our guard back healthy (except for Austin who is greatly missed) Coach Davis should be able to keep the guards fresh with a deeper bench. I hate to even pick one way or the other, but I feel confident Davis will have those boys mentally prepared. I’ll pick with Swanker Pine and just take the OVC. :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to both Teams!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Swanker, I haven't quite figured it out yet, but you always seem to have insider information in your predictions.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:11 am
Swanker, I haven't quite figured it out yet, but you always seem to have insider information in your predictions.
hahaha! He's a student of the game.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I know someone who really does know someone with the insider information. Unfortunately for y’all I can’t reveal my sources

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Not rooting one way or the other, because both teams are in the OVC. It's just good that the conference will get a team in the regional. I think Fairland should be the favorite, as in typical fashion they methodically grind an opponent down with a lot of cuts and screens on offense. The Panthers, though, have to be on an emotional high after beating Wheelersburg, but I think it's very important vs. the Dragons that the Peake does a better job making their layups than they did in the first half vs. the Burg.

GO OVC!!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

I know it sounds elementary but the team that makes "shots" wins. What I mean by this is the shooting background at the Convo is completely different than any that either team plays on during regular season play. Both teams have plenty of experience in big games but this one is huge. Add the rivalry and the team that can control their emotions should prevail. Tough on to pick! Like swanker, I'll take the team on the river!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Peake24 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 pm ... I think the larger court plays to Chesapeake's advantage as I saw multiple Dragons huffing pretty hard that I did not see during the regular season. ...
I didn't notice any Dragons "huffing pretty hard" tonight.

Post by Peake24 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:38 am
Peake24 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 pm ... I think the larger court plays to Chesapeake's advantage as I saw multiple Dragons huffing pretty hard that I did not see during the regular season. ...
The lack of adjustments on defense doomed chesapeake from the first quarter. The Syracuse zone allowed Fairland to simply swing the ball without speeding them up. Hats off to Fairland, they finished their shots. Go represent the OVC in regionals!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Fairland Dragons on there District Finals win over the Chesapeake Panthers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Peake24 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:18 am
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:38 am
The lack of adjustments on defense doomed chesapeake from the first quarter. The Syracuse zone allowed Fairland to simply swing the ball without speeding them up. Hats off to Fairland, they finished their shots. Go represent the OVC in regionals!
I believe fairland nailing their 3s early, then getting multiple free layups when Peake tried to press done this one in. Simply put the better team won, couldn't handle the big guy in the paint either. No amount of adjustments was going to change this outcome.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons on their district championship, and to the Chesapeake Panthers on a very good season. I really believe FHS has a realistic shot to win the regional. The Dragons don't have any superstars, but the sum of their parts make them a very good team. They can win in a variety of ways.

Return to “Boys Basketball”