Trimble vs Grandview.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Trimble vs Grandview.

Post by Hoopie74 »

Trimble always tough, Grandview with Lachey and company also very good. Both with some pretty good history . I remember Grandview being pretty good back in the 80s and 90s I do believe. Maybe before or after the Wherle years.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Trimble vs Grandview.

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very difficult matchup for Trimble as Grandview is big and Trimble doesn't have anyone over 6'0"... Trimble does have plenty of speed and muscle though so I think they'll definitely make this game competitive.. end of the day the size advantage is too much and Grandview advances to the Regional Final to face the Berlin/Peebles winner..

Grandview 58
Trimble 44

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

Grandview's strength of schedule will play a factor as well. They are in a war night in and night out in their league. I see GH as a 15-20 point winner as well.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Howie can coach with the best of them and Trimble has athletes but the Bobcats win this hardwood battle of small schools by 12 with their size and defensive ability.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Coach Howie will have his Tomcats well prepared. Just like Peebles, Trimble comes in as the underdog, but it's not a 7 game series. Only 1 win needed to advance to the regional championship.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to the Trimble Bobcats in there Regional Semifinal matchup with Grandview Heights.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Good luck tomorrow night Trimble Tomcats.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tall task for Trimble. Good luck Tomcats. But its the sweet 16. Every team is tough

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Good luck Tomcats from Peebles!

Spartan32
Waterboy

Post by Spartan32 »

Good luck Tomcats!

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm Good luck to the Trimble Bobcats in there Regional Semifinal matchup with Grandview Heights.
The Bobcats were the third best team in the districts. Had they had to play ISJ or Pebbles they would have lost. I mean think about it. ISJ whooped up on Feed Hack, and Feed Hack beat up on the Bobcats soundly the last time they played each other. Good luck Grandview Hts. :D

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

ISJ Beat Fed Hock by 2 and Trimble split with Fed Hock losing by 2 the second time but ok.

Come on over to The Updates thread at gametime. You can follow the Peebles v Hiland game and then we will be updating this game.

I’ve been more than impressed by Trimble at The District level. Extremely well coached and Weber and Guffey can score the ball. I saw Grandview Heights twice last year but I haven’t seen them this year. They are well coached too and will have the best 2 athletes on the floor (plus some length). If Trimble pulls this out then it will be one for the ages!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 pm ISJ Beat Fed Hock by 2 and Trimble split with Fed Hock losing by 2 the second time but ok.

Come on over to The Updates thread at gametime. You can follow the Peebles v Hiland game and then we will be updating this game.

I’ve been more than impressed by Trimble at The District level. Extremely well coached and Weber and Guffey can score the ball. I saw Grandview Heights twice last year but I haven’t seen them this year. They are well coached too and will have the best 2 athletes on the floor (plus some length). If Trimble pulls this out then it will be one for the ages!!
Nothing against them, but I just wish the Flyers had gotten a shot at them.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:48 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm Good luck to the Trimble Bobcats in there Regional Semifinal matchup with Grandview Heights.
The Bobcats were the third best team in the districts. Had they had to play ISJ or Pebbles they would have lost. I mean think about it. ISJ whooped up on Feed Hack, and Feed Hack beat up on the Bobcats soundly the last time they played each other. Good luck Grandview Hts. :D
Clearly you’re a genius.....
Trimble finds a way to win this game. Howie will have the cats ready

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:33 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 pm ISJ Beat Fed Hock by 2 and Trimble split with Fed Hock losing by 2 the second time but ok.

Thads fine. I was simply contesting your “whooped up” statements.

Also they are The Tomcats.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm
Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:48 pm
Clearly you’re a genius.....
Trimble finds a way to win this game. Howie will have the cats ready
Still upset about the quick jettison from the Convo huh? Well, win some lose some. :D

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 pm
Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Thads fine. I was simply contesting your “whooped up” statements.

Also they are The Tomcats.
Yes, I was just returning the favor of the TVC fans calling St. Joe some other name. Maybe whooped up on is too strong of a statement, but still a win.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

You can call it an upset or whatever you want but Trimble is more than capable of winning this game. Good luck to Trimble tonight, keep doing what you do and good things will come your way.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I deleted those after i saw them on the game thread.

I might have missed earlier ones.

It’s time to pull for Trimble and The SE district. I also believe that the primary posters using the other name for St Joseph were not from Trimble.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:09 pm

You can call it an upset or whatever you want but Trimble is more than capable of winning this game. Good luck to Trimble tonight, keep doing what you do and good things will come your way.
I hope Trimble does win this game! It’s time to cheer on All SE District teams in the Regionals.

Grandview Heights is a very tough out tonight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”