BURG VS VALLEY

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: BURG VS VALLEY

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Falconfan14 wrote:Valley was in the football playoffs also. Don't think that is a very good excuse for the loss. The Burg JV won. Why are they in basketball shape but not the Varsity.

How about you stop trolling Burg threads and worry about your Falcons????

JV is mostly Sophmores and most of those Sophmores didn't play varsity football. That is why the JV is so far ahead.

It was obvious Burg was trying to find 5 players that were in sync with each other as he played about 10 different guys all night long, constantly subbing in and out.

Like I said earlier, this team has the potential to be very good but it will take them a little bit to get going. They haven't had very much practice time and this was only there 2nd game. Not sure if they even got to scrimmage anyone with a full squad.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Falconfan14 wrote:Valley was in the football playoffs also. Don't think that is a very good excuse for the loss. The Burg JV won. Why are they in basketball shape but not the Varsity.

How about you stop trolling Burg threads and worry about your Falcons????

JV is mostly Sophmores and most of those Sophmores didn't play varsity football. That is why the JV is so far ahead.

It was obvious Burg was trying to find 5 players that were in sync with each other as he played about 10 different guys all night long, constantly subbing in and out.

Like I said earlier, this team has the potential to be very good but it will take them a little bit to get going. They haven't had very much practice time and this was only there 2nd game. Not sure if they even got to scrimmage anyone with a full squad.
Not trolling, just a basketball fan. Love how if burg loses its for some reason or another. Maybe Valley is just that much better.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I had to watch the game on the web but from the looks of it both teams have plenty of room for improvement. I didn't see many jump shots going down for either team. Valley played tough defense and knocked down a few free throws. I'm not sure what the final stats are but it seemed like there were a lot of fouls/turnovers being committed. Anyway, I'm sure both teams will vastly improve. I'm kind of surprised this game was scheduled so early in the season. Anyway, it was good to see Romanello play a few minutes off the bench.

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

Valley is just the better team. There is no arguing that.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Wheelersburg struggled badly at the free throw line and had a terrible start to the third quarter, that's where Valley ran off and left them. Brewer scored some big baskets for the Indians and they guys you would expect to play well for Valley, especially at the key points of the game, did so. Valley is the better team and was clearly better on Friday night. Wheelersburg still trying to figure out what they have. The Pirates will win their fare share of games this season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg played 2 more weeks than Valley, so both teams will improve I'm sure. It takes a bit to get the hoops legs under you, so Burg will be fine.

To be honest, I would have been concerned with Valley if this games was close.

Good win by the Indians, and good luck to the Pirates until the next meeting!

Return to “Boys Basketball”