Where is the Pfloyd pre season Elite 8?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Where is the Pfloyd pre season Elite 8?

Post by 93Bulldog »

Did he get to busy running for president to post one yet?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Where is the Pfloyd pre season Elite 8?

Post by bbjunky81 »

I just went through some of his posts thinking that he posted a way too early ranking in the spring/summer.... but couldn't find anything... Booo!

Looking at his final edition last year and trying to remember who all returned what.... my way too early top 10 would go something like....

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Logan Elm
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Outside looking in (in no order): Sheridan, Adena, Peebles, Trimble, Chesapeake, Jackson, South Point, North Adams, Minford, Valley, Athens, Fairfield Leesburg, Portsmouth, Ironton, Vinton County, Piketon.

I know nothing about Sheridan so if they deserve to be higher let me know... They've been good the last 2 years and had a great football season, so I'm assuming there's plenty of athletes roaming those halls.

By the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me to see Fairfield Union and Warren higher.. both well coached and plenty of athletes.

I also feel like I'm forgetting an obvious one so don't rip me whenever I forgot someone's favorite team :D
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:45 pm Did he get to busy running for president to post one yet?
I think that I heard @pfloyd and his staff have been tied up with frequent attorney consultations plotting recount lawsuit strategies.

Post by danicalifornia »

I think Piketon will be pretty darn good. Only lost one starter from last year, but he did do a lot of dirty work for them and had excellent size. Adena will lack depth, but their starting 5 will be very good

D2 will be really good again. Waverly, Warren, Logan Elm, Jackson, Fairfield Union, Sheridan all could push for a district title as we get 2 district champs this year

Look forward to seeing pfloyd’s rankings whenever they are out

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:20 am I think Piketon will be pretty darn good. Only lost one starter from last year, but he did do a lot of dirty work for them and had excellent size. Adena will lack depth, but their starting 5 will be very good

D2 will be really good again. Waverly, Warren, Logan Elm, Jackson, Fairfield Union, Sheridan all could push for a district title as we get 2 district champs this year

No Unioto ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

You would think LE would be the heavy favorite in that district

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:39 am You would think LE would be the heavy favorite in that district
Junky must not have seen LE dismantle Jackson and return mostly everyone and their bench got a year older.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am I just went through some of his posts thinking that he posted a way too early ranking in the spring/summer.... but couldn't find anything... Booo!

Looking at his final edition last year and trying to remember who all returned what.... my way too early top 10 would go something like....

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Outside looking in (in no order): Sheridan, Adena, Peebles, Trimble, Chesapeake, Logan Elm, South Point, North Adams, Minford, Valley, Athens, Fairfield Leesburg, Portsmouth, Ironton, Vinton County, Piketon.

I know nothing about Sheridan so if they deserve to be higher let me know... They've been good the last 2 years and had a great football season, so I'm assuming there's plenty of athletes roaming those halls.

By the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me to see Fairfield Union and Warren higher.. both well coached and plenty of athletes.

I also feel like I'm forgetting an obvious one so don't rip me whenever I forgot someone's favorite team :D
Logan Elm 16th? I’d have them near the top. Jackson has work to do with a bunch of new rotation players.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am I just went through some of his posts thinking that he posted a way too early ranking in the spring/summer.... but couldn't find anything... Booo!

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Outside looking in (in no order): Sheridan, Adena, Peebles, Trimble, Chesapeake, Logan Elm, South Point, North Adams, Minford, Valley, Athens, Fairfield Leesburg, Portsmouth, Ironton, Vinton County, Piketon.

Sheridan is good at about everything. I’d be surprised if they aren’t a top 10 team

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:15 pm

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Logan Elm 16th? I’d have them near the top. Jackson has work to do with a bunch of new rotation players.
16th? Perhaps we could look at the part where it says "in no order"

Relax, folks. Just throwing some names out there to get the discussion going. Switch Logan Elm and Jackson and lets party :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Not looking to see my Trojans in the Elite 8, but with 4 starters back, I expect them to be an above .500 team. It would be nice to get some Trojan mojo going again.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:20 am I think Piketon will be pretty darn good. Only lost one starter from last year, but he did do a lot of dirty work for them and had excellent size. Adena will lack depth, but their starting 5 will be very good

No Unioto ?
I think we will be good enough to get there (if we get to play), I just try not to comment on us.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:02 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am

No Unioto ?
I think we will be good enough to get there (if we get to play), I just try not to comment on us.
Don’t hold back. Nobody cares about bias on here

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think the SVC could potentially have 3 teams in that top 8-12 this year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm I think the SVC could potentially have 3 teams in that top 8-12 this year.
:lol: :lol:

If you said top 20-25 I could buy that, but top 8-12... "Come On, Man!". ;)
Last edited by bman on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Unfortunately, we are trending towards the season not starting until sometime after the New Year due to the sharp rise in COVID-19 cases.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Logan Elm is going to be very skilled, play solid defense and will be deeper than a year ago, but size remains a concern if they take on a team that has good guard play with size in the post.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:56 am

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

Logan Elm is going to be very skilled, play solid defense and will be deeper than a year ago, but size remains a concern if they take on a team that has good guard play with size in the post.
Being in the SE District that puts them top 5 for sure.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:57 pm

1.) Fairland
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Waverly
4.) Jackson
5.) Eastern Brown
6.) Fairfield Union
7.) New Boston
8.) Unioto
9.) Warren
10.) Fed Hock

16th? Perhaps we could look at the part where it says "in no order"

Relax, folks. Just throwing some names out there to get the discussion going. Switch Logan Elm and Jackson and lets party :D
Perhaps we both made mistakes

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm I think the SVC could potentially have 3 teams in that top 8-12 this year.
:lol: :lol:

If you said top 20-25 I could buy that, but top 8-12... "Come On, Man!". ;)
Agree to disagree. Top 15

Return to “Boys Basketball”