Athens vs Jackson (Sat 12/12)

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Athens vs Jackson (Sat 12/12)

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

Athens 2-3
Jackson 2-0

Two former SEOAL rivals go at it again.

Last meeting: Jackson won 87-57 at Jackson in February.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Athens vs Jackson (Sat 12/12)

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has a big matchup vs Hillsboro the night before. The Saturday games after big league contests the night before are often hard to predict and open for big letdowns.

Jackson has to find a way to avoid the lackluster day after game.

Jackson I believe will still be without a starter from game 1.

Will Athens still be without Harris? (Might have name wrong)

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

If it comes down to coaching Jackson will prevail. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Livestreams for the Athens Athletics will be unavailable until further notice.
Saturday’s game between Athens and Jackson will air on WXTQ Power 105 and online at http://wxtq.com/power105

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trevorstephens22 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm Livestreams for the Athens Athletics will be unavailable until further notice.
Saturday’s game between Athens and Jackson will air on WXTQ Power 105 and online at http://wxtq.com/power105
We need a live stream

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:30 pm
Trevorstephens22 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm Livestreams for the Athens Athletics will be unavailable until further notice.
We need a live stream
Covid has put the two people who run the stream in quarantine.
If anyone wants to do it or has any better idea feel free to reach out to the Athens AD ASAP.

Please note that that because each school has the option to approve an official streaming feed. In order for someone else to stream (Facebook Live) they will need to get approval from the Athens AD before they start.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Trevorstephens22 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:13 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:30 pm
We need a live stream
Covid has put the two people who run the stream in quarantine.
If anyone wants to do it or has any better idea feel free to reach out to the Athens AD ASAP.

Please note that that because each school has the option to approve an official streaming feed. In order for someone else to stream (Facebook Live) they will need to get approval from the Athens AD before they start.
Maybe the Athens AD could take over for them until they are out of quarantine.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

We all got Rona in Athens

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:31 pm We all got Rona in Athens
I think Jackson Co #1 in state right now

We’ll have 5 players 9-12 out due to quarantine.

Should be fun tomorrow. We mostly had good energy tonight.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson with a lot of momentum Headin to athens tonight. Big road win at McLain early in week and Heckuva come from behind win last night against ‘Boro. Jackson showed a TON of grit resilience and fight to come back and win last night which to me are great characteristics of a team that can be in any game any time against anyone!! .I’ll take a team full of grinders and overachievers all day long. . During this crazy covid times the next minute is never guranteed. But ones thing Gonna happen. There’s a handful of kids loading up and heading 32E to tango with the Athenians and I like the Ironmen chances. Keep on keeping on.......

Good luck.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:21 pm Jackson with a lot of momentum Headin to athens tonight. Big road win at McLain early in week and Heckuva come from behind win last night against ‘Boro. Jackson showed a TON of grit resilience and fight to come back and win last night which to me are great characteristics of a team that can be in any game any time against anyone!! .I’ll take a team full of grinders and overachievers all day long. . During this crazy covid times the next minute is never guranteed. But ones thing Gonna happen. There’s a handful of kids loading up and heading 32E to tango with the Athenians and I like the Ironmen chances. Keep on keeping on.......

Good luck.......
I don’t agree with “overachievers”...some great skill out there and a lot of kids that have played and been very successful coming through the ranks.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jackson roster?

Starters?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:35 pm Jackson roster?

Starters?
Not definite...I’m guessing

6’3 Jr #10 Drew Bragg
6’1 Jr #15 Evan Spires
6’2 Sr #14 Landon Erwin
6’0 Sr #2 Boston Kuhn
6’3 Sr #21 Braxton Hammond

6’1 Jr #12 Tristan Prater
5’9 Jr #11 Holden Blankenship
6’2 Jr #3 Nate Woodard
5’11 Jr #22 Chris Hughes
6’0 Jr #4 Trey Miller

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:25 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:21 pm Jackson with a lot of momentum Headin to athens tonight. Big road win at McLain early in week and Heckuva come from behind win last night against ‘Boro. Jackson showed a TON of grit resilience and fight to come back and win last night which to me are great characteristics of a team that can be in any game any time against anyone!! .I’ll take a team full of grinders and overachievers all day long. . During this crazy covid times the next minute is never guranteed. But ones thing Gonna happen. There’s a handful of kids loading up and heading 32E to tango with the Athenians and I like the Ironmen chances. Keep on keeping on.......

Good luck.......
I don’t agree with “overachievers”...some great skill out there and a lot of kids that have played and been very successful coming through the ranks.

Over achievers are for the ones that haven’t played in a few seasons to step in immediately make the difference on a basketball team. They aren’t McDonalds All-Americans I92....they want it more than the next man....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Too bad this isn't being live streamed I wanted to see the Jackson freshmen and JV teams play ! some quality talent on in the Apple City - Cade Wolford plays BOTH freshmen and JV's - this one will a special player on the hardwood for Coach Morrow & Co. sooner than later !!! ... but Jackson has a NUMBER of players on those freshmen/JV teams who are going make sure that Jackson success on the hardwood is fleeting - going to be a factor on basketball rankings for years to come ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Good luck.......

Over achievers are for the ones that haven’t played in a few seasons to step in immediately make the difference on a basketball team. They aren’t McDonalds All-Americans I92....they want it more than the next man....
It’s their turn...they are skilled athletes and I expect what they have been doing. It has been interesting watching Tristan Prater get back into the scheme of basketball. He uses some of his elite cornerback skills in his defense. He’s getting sharper and sharper defensively. Blankenship also hasn’t played very much since 8th grade due to various injuries. He’s right in there just like he stepped back into football. I thought Holden has his best game last night and he was big in the comeback.

Maybe just semantics but I can’t call those two or the others overachievers...it’s not an insult but it’s not how I see them.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:07 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:00 pm

It’s their turn...they are skilled athletes and I expect what they have been doing. It has been interesting watching Tristan Prater get back into the scheme of basketball. He uses some of his elite cornerback skills in his defense. He’s getting sharper and sharper defensively. Blankenship also hasn’t played very much since 8th grade due to various injuries. He’s right in there just like he stepped back into football. I thought Holden has his best game last night and he was big in the comeback.

Maybe just semantics but I can’t call those two or the others overachievers...it’s not an insult but it’s not how I see them.

Well I92 those are some
Mighty fine athletes you spoke of and I guess I should’ve been a little more detailed. I know you know that I want nothing but the but the best for ALL Jackson athletes and Jackson puts a great product of mighty fine student/athletes year in year out.
But what these kids have to achieve in this crazy 2020 sports season is what no other extra curricular activity has had to do. These kids not only have to be on top of their game but they have to watch and live diligently to ensure they stay healthy to play. At no fault of their own. I think you said a stat we had what 9 of 14 in quartine?? It’s amazing they still get to play and to make it even harder for these young people but now as you stayed before again; Jackson County is #1 in the state. What these kids are overcoming is pure resilience. Then to have two athletes came out that hasn’t played in 2/3yrs Start a second half of a FAC war on the hardwood spark a 3rd qrter with some absloutly straight hustle plays to turn the game the other way in a moment they could have laid down and took their turn behind the wood shed but instead showed signs beyond the skill they possess to play the game of basketball but they showed fight , grit , resilience, the will to fight and do whatever it takes to win the game. With all that said of all the things they have to overcome that NO OTHER Team has had to overcome they are achieving goals and beyond !!! Look to forward to this group coming out tonight and keep the momentum rolling !!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Go red!

JV tip in 2 min

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

4-0 Athens 3:14