South Gallia to SOC?

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

South Gallia to SOC?

Post by SEO Sports »

Heard South Gallia is proposing to join the SOC. Can anybody confirm this as fact or fiction?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Gallia to SOC?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Doesn’t make sense geographically

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:26 pm Doesn’t make sense geographically
Maybe not for SOC but it’s better for South Gallia if they were in SOC. They could be the Western Oike of the other end

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:32 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:26 pm Doesn’t make sense geographically
Maybe not for SOC but it’s better for South Gallia if they were in SOC. They could be the Western Oike of the other end
South Gallia to Western Pike would be a drive.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SEO Sports wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:50 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:32 pm
South Gallia to Western Pike would be a drive.
So is South Gallia to Waterford

No good location for SG

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I don't believe it is the first time they've tried. Could be doing it more for other sports like football as well.

25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

I have heard over the years South Gallia has tried to join the SOC nine times and failed each time. The last time I heard one SOC AD laughed in the face of the retired AD from South Gailla when he told him SG applied again. A move to the SOC I would be good for SG now. I hear the TVC Hocking would like rid of them now, tired of the drive there. South Gallia has very good athletic facilities for a school their size, one of the best tracks around.

I would like to see it for South Gallia but wouldn’t hold my breath.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

No good spot for them

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

25p7692 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm I have heard over the years South Gallia has tried to join the SOC nine times and failed each time. The last time I heard one SOC AD laughed in the face of the retired AD from South Gailla when he told him SG applied again. A move to the SOC I would be good for SG now. I hear the TVC Hocking would like rid of them now, tired of the drive there. South Gallia has very good athletic facilities for a school their size, one of the best tracks around.

Not surprising. The SOC dropped the ball when SEOAL dissolved.

Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

I'm hearing SOC1.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Waverly wants out allegedly?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think they would be a good add.

I’ve said for years the SOC needs to expand to 3 divisions... add teams like Jackson, Portsmouth, maybe even Ironton or Piketon..... South Gallia... Manchester? A few other teams
I’m missing I’m sure...

Big school division - Portsmouth, Burg, Waverly, Ironton, Jackson, West etc

Middle sized schools - like Piketon, Webster, Valley, Oak Hill, Northwest etc

Small schools - Green, ND, St Joe, New Boston, East etc

I left out several schools that are already in the SOC but its pretty obvious which schools would fit into which division.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

That would make to much sense. Can’t be doing that.
They turned Jackson away twice

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 pm Waverly wants out allegedly?
Been hearing that for a few years now, along with Oak Hill as well. Good call about the SEOAL breakup. SOC should have added Portsmouth and Ironton at least, and maybe even Jackson.

bbjunky: agreed about the 3 divisions, especially for football. A 3rd division would be perfect for the football tweeners like Northwest, Oak Hill, Eastern, etc.

As for South Gallia, I’d be shocked SOC would want to add the travel, but who knows?*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Now that I've had a second to draw it up, I've always thought something like this would make a ton of sense. Yes, traveling wouldn't be great for some trips, but there's still plenty of short trips to make up for it.

SOC 1 (Small School)

East
New Boston
Notre Dame
Green
Clay
St. Joe
South Gallia
Symmes Valley

SOC 2 (Middle)

South Webster
Oak Hill
Valley
Northwest
Eastern
Western
Coal Grove
Piketon

SOC 3 (Large Schools)

Wheelersburg
Jackson
Ironton
Portsmouth
Minford
Waverly
Portsmouth West
South Point

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not a bad grouping. Crazy you can add 2, 3 or more small schools together and still not have as many boys as some schools in the "large" schools. Id also add that Northwest is actually a pretty big school, they just dont belong in the large school group, so i understand why you put them where you did. Western to coal grove would be a pretty far drive. but overall, its not bad really.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

25p7692 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm I have heard over the years South Gallia has tried to join the SOC nine times and failed each time. The last time I heard one SOC AD laughed in the face of the retired AD from South Gailla when he told him SG applied again. A move to the SOC I would be good for SG now. I hear the TVC Hocking would like rid of them now, tired of the drive there. South Gallia has very good athletic facilities for a school their size, one of the best tracks around.

Said AD would be missing some teeth if that would have actually happened.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I wonder when SG will go back into River Valley.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 pm Waverly wants out allegedly?
Where would Waverly go? SVC? FAC? I don't think it is realistic. SVC would have to add more teams and split or have a team leave first. I don't like Waverly wants to be a part of switching leagues (FAC) and not winning many league titles. They can stay where they are and do that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SEO Sports wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Where would Waverly go? SVC? FAC? I don't think it is realistic. SVC would have to add more teams and split or have a team leave first. I don't like Waverly wants to be a part of switching leagues (FAC) and not winning many league titles. They can stay where they are and do that.
Right. Waverly hasn’t been dominant in the SOC2 with D3 schools (and a 4) year in and year out. I don’t see any benefit to them leaving.

Return to “Boys Basketball”