Jackson vs Vinton County...Sectional Final 2/25

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson vs Vinton County...Sectional Final 2/25

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great coaching job by Coach Morrow down the stretch !

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Great coaching by coach morrow in the overtime !

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

High. School. Basketball. Needs. A. Shot. Clock.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

LeftHanded wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:17 pm High. School. Basketball. Needs. A. Shot. Clock.
Absolutely not!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mhs95_06 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:19 pm
LeftHanded wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:17 pm High. School. Basketball. Needs. A. Shot. Clock.
Absolutely not!
Absolutely yes!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Coach Combs has to be one of the best tournament coaches in this area. He just took a team that was at least a 10 point underdog and nearly pulled off the upset. On the road. What a tremendous game by VC. Playing the FAC champ on their home court and having them on the ropes for the entire game. What an effort by VC. Absolutely nothing to hang their heads about tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jackson will take on Gallia Academy in the District Semi ! GA 59 the Boro 58 according to WKKJ ...

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:36 pm Coach Combs has to be one of the best tournament coaches in this area. He just took a team that was at least a 10 point underdog and nearly pulled off the upset. On the road. What a tremendous game by VC. Playing the FAC champ on their home court and having them on the ropes for the entire game. What an effort by VC. Absolutely nothing to hang their heads about tonight.
He is outstanding prepping teams. Great job by Jackson’s coach for keeping composure and matching wits with him down the stretch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whew. No one, not one person thought Vinton County wouldn’t be ready.....and ready they were. Damron ready for the stage and his teammates exquisitely filling the plan of Matt Combs. VC kids are to be commended. Tremendous execution, tremendous. I knew they had the guts to win but I didn’t think they could play with such great execution for that long. Hats off to the Vikings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson Ironmen....FAC Champs and now Sectional Champs.this is the first time doing both in 58 years (1963)

Braxton Hammond was big again...he might be the TVC MVP lol. In 3 TVC games he was tremendous and laid in the winning bucket tonight. I think he went for 16 points.

Drew Bragg....guts. He wasn’t letting us lose. He was coaching on the floor in the 4th and OT and his clutch baskets and assists were pivotal. Kid is guts and nails. Evan Spires just works his ass off all game...all game. Ball is in his hands when we need it most. Holden Blankenship hit some big shots again! Boston Kuhn gave the added offense we just have to have. Prater some huge defensive plays. Nate Woodard forced a turnover or two on defense.

We were outplayed for about 1/2 of the game but out executed for most of the game. Not a scratch of quit in these kids and a good amount of clutch.

Coach Morrow and staff kept at it and prevailed, made some good adjustments and final play was beautiful.

Jackson moves to 16-3 and will host Gallia Academy in the district semis
Last edited by Ironman92 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:36 pm Coach Combs has to be one of the best tournament coaches in this area. He just took a team that was at least a 10 point underdog and nearly pulled off the upset. On the road. What a tremendous game by VC. Playing the FAC champ on their home court and having them on the ropes for the entire game. What an effort by VC. Absolutely nothing to hang their heads about tonight.

💯

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:00 pm Whew. No one, not one person thought Vinton County wouldn’t be ready.....and ready they were. Damron ready for the stage and his teammates exquisitely filling the plan of Matt Combs. VC kids are to be commended. Tremendous execution, tremendous. I knew they had the guts to win but I didn’t think they could play with such great execution for that long. Hats off to the Vikings.

They played well I92......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Coach_Cain
Waterboy

Post by Coach_Cain »

That was one of the greatest High School games Ive seen in awhile. It was a half court battle through out. I think there may have been only a couple baskets off a fast break the whole game. Each team continually answered the other. Congrats and good luck to Jackson going forward.👍

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Sorry --its hard to say--but Coach Combs got out coached-- we were playing to not to lose----we went the whole overtime and did not score--And I believe we only scored 2 pts in last 3 or 4 minutes of the game....... We lead almost the whole game---but not at the end. We did not sub enough. Oh well maybe next year.

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

This was a fun one to officiate. Players played and coaches coached. Couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Codym2584 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 pm This was a fun one to officiate. Players played and coaches coached. Couldn’t have asked for anything more.
Crew did a solid job. I hadn’t seen you guys I don’t think. Felt like a tournament game.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am Sorry --its hard to say--but Coach Combs got out coached-- we were playing to not to lose----we went the whole overtime and did not score--And I believe we only scored 2 pts in last 3 or 4 minutes of the game....... We lead almost the whole game---but not at the end. We did not sub enough. Oh well maybe next year.
Seems to be a common theme. Even though Vinton fans said Jackson couldn’t out coach anyone this time. Same result.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

Is this a good Time to ask about joining the TVC?

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

JacksonMayor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 am Is this a good Time to ask about joining the TVC?
😂

Return to “Boys Basketball”