Offseason Rumblings

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: Offseason Rumblings

Post by GalliaTribe »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 am Ironton job will be interesting for sure. I got a few thoughts on candidates, but it all speculation, so I will shut my yapper for now.*
Sure would like to hear who? Maybe Norm?

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Fitch did a decent job . This is weird that they are looking for another coach . Sounds extremely political ...

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Well let me tell ya that for every job on here the easy answer is to pony up the dough and offer your job to my boy. He has made basketball in glouster a dynasty. He does it everywhere he goes and from what I hear he is ready to move and may even be able to get his son to come along with him from racine.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

He would be happy to be courted by other schools because he aint ever gonna win a state title at Thimble.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

He could of already been in the state tournament if he didn’t take 2 timeouts home with him and blow a 5 point lead in 45 seconds vs Africentric. That was by far some of the worst game management/clock management I have ever seen.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Penguin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:06 pm He could of already been in the state tournament if he didn’t take 2 timeouts home with him and blow a 5 point lead in 45 seconds vs Africentric. That was by far some of the worst game management/clock management I have ever seen.
Are you joking? Howie had put together that allyoup play to start the game by setting the tone with a thunder dunk. No other coach in the state could have pulled that play off against Afrocentic. Plus Howie went to the state when he coached at Racine and Eastern. Yea Carl was technically the coach when Racine went but Howie was obviously the brains of the operation.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Gilligan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:29 pm
Penguin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:06 pm He could of already been in the state tournament if he didn’t take 2 timeouts home with him and blow a 5 point lead in 45 seconds vs Africentric. That was by far some of the worst game management/clock management I have ever seen.
Are you joking? Howie had put together that allyoup play to start the game by setting the tone with a thunder dunk. No other coach in the state could have pulled that play off against Afrocentic. Plus Howie went to the state when he coached at Racine and Eastern. Yea Carl was technically the coach when Racine went but Howie was obviously the brains of the operation.
Everyone in the convo knew he let that one slip away.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Our coach also has been to state several times.
Don’t mean much.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:30 pm
Don’t mean much.
Says the guy who sat in poop and then boasted about it on here. :lol:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Gilligan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Don’t mean much.
I didn’t sit in it 🙄 I walked in the stall, did a 360 and noped out of there just like the Jeeps did when the Tomcats out rebounded us 50-12 on the big stage.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Don’t mean much.
I didn’t sit in it 🙄 I walked in the stall, did a 360 and noped out of there just like the Jeeps did when the Tomcats out rebounded us 50-12 on the big stage.
That's your story now. Last year you said you sat down in it. :lol:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Gilligan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Naw that was fake news spun by Flatulent Fed hock fans.

Next year the story will be I took a bite of it mistaken for peanut butter

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Word on 9th street is that Lafon is taking it back in Arnton!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Don’t mean much.
Some people like that. Just ask paladin. :lol:

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:27 pm
Gilligan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Naw that was fake news spun by Flatulent Fed hock fans.

Next year the story will be I took a bite of it mistaken for peanut butter
Trying to get ahead of it, huh?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, danicalifornia, about Robertson.......I knew I probably left someone out, and I remember watching Waverly win the district title with Jake Kretzer. The Tigers had a close regional loss to New Philadelphia.

I edited my previous post to include Robertson.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton's 7th and 8th grade won the OVC tournament this past season, so there's a bright future ahead for Tiger basketball. A freshman started at PG on the Ironton varsity, and he is a really nice player.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

No one wants to watch a re-run of a movie.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironton job opening rumor mill getting real interesting. Couple of different directions they could go, but plenty of interest in the position already according to someone who would know. Could cause multiple dominoes to fall depending on who eventually gets it*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:52 am I find it hard to believe that Ironton is already looking for a boys and girls basketball coach? Fitch has only been there a couple of years, but I was talking to an ole buddy down that way that said anything is possible because they are the joke of Lawrence county.
Yeah I was pretty surprised to hear he was out, I believe he was caught off guard as well because his boy had just enrolled down there and now he's left there and enrolled at Minford is my understanding. Be interesting to see if Fitch lands another HC position this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”