Post by Irish »

OVC
Peake at Ironton
South Point at Gallia
Portsmouth at Fairland
Coal Grove at Rock Hill

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Tuesday,12/14/21 games and scores.

Post by trojandave »

Not feeling good about the Trojans having to go to Fairland after losing 3 straight. The Dragons have owned us having won 13 in a row.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

#1 WCH @ Chillicothe
#11 Jackson @ #16 Hillsboro
Miami Trace @ #8 McClain

I'll take
WCH by 20
Jackson by 6
McClain by 24

The Jackson/Hillsboro game should be well worth the price of admission. Hillsboro has a solid team and has a FAC POY Contender in Hunter Price. Slowing him down will be the key to an Ironmen road Victory, and I think Coach Morrow will have his boys ready for the Challenge. I think its tight until the final 2min and Jackson pulls away with some late free throws. 48-42 Ironmen.

Chillicothe seems to really be struggling. Even with Lemaster possibly still out, I don't believe the Cavs will have an answer for Colter. I say Colter scores 35, the supporting cast scores 30, and the Blue Lions defeat the Cavaliers 65-45. I do believe that Chillicothe will be fine under Coach Beard, he just needs a year or two to get them where they need to be.

Miami Trace is still winless under 1st year coach Ben Ackley as he took over a team with one returning starter and a very young roster. I look for the winless streak to continue at least another game as the travel to McClain, a tough place to play, even tougher when McClain is as experienced as they are. McClain's defense will give MT's young team fits, leading to several points off turnovers for the Tigers. Badgley goes for 25 and the Tigers roll the Panthers, 60-36.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Good match ups this week as usual.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm #1 WCH @ Chillicothe
Miami Trace @ #8 McClain

I'll take
WCH by 20
Jackson by 6
McClain by 24

The Jackson/Hillsboro game should be well worth the price of admission. Hillsboro has a solid team and has a FAC POY Contender in Hunter Price. Slowing him down will be the key to an Ironmen road Victory, and I think Coach Morrow will have his boys ready for the Challenge. I think its tight until the final 2min and Jackson pulls away with some late free throws. 48-42 Ironmen.

Chillicothe seems to really be struggling. Even with Lemaster possibly still out, I don't believe the Cavs will have an answer for Colter. I say Colter scores 35, the supporting cast scores 30, and the Blue Lions defeat the Cavaliers 65-45. I do believe that Chillicothe will be fine under Coach Beard, he just needs a year or two to get them where they need to be.

Miami Trace is still winless under 1st year coach Ben Ackley as he took over a team with one returning starter and a very young roster. I look for the winless streak to continue at least another game as the travel to McClain, a tough place to play, even tougher when McClain is as experienced as they are. McClain's defense will give MT's young team fits, leading to several points off turnovers for the Tigers. Badgley goes for 25 and the Tigers roll the Panthers, 60-36.
... the youngsters of Coach Ackley MAY take a beating this season due to the fact the CH, Jackson, McClain ARE THAT good but they are playing a really good non-conference schedule as well ... Miami Trace will be an Elite 8 team next season ... by the final third of this season - the youngsters will have figured the varsity game out, I look for MT to be a spoiler in the FAC the last part of the season ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena at New Hope has been rescheduled until January

Fairfield at Paint Valley will be a nice test for the Bearcats. The Bearcats lost senior Dillon McDonald to an injury on Friday and got off to a very slow start Saturday, before finding their footing. It will be interesting to see how they do, they have some nice athletes that will step in, but it’s definitely a big loss

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm #1 WCH @ Chillicothe
Miami Trace @ #8 McClain

I'll take
WCH by 20
Jackson by 6
McClain by 24

Jackson doesn’t always shoot too well at Boro….and as good as Price is, he usually doesn’t have big games vs Jackson. Jackson will have to play great to leave Hillsboro with a win. Of all the FAC opponents, Hillsboro likes us the least.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some GREAT matchups tomorrow night !

Eastern Brown vs Whiteoak
Fairland vs Portsmouth
Fort Frye vs Warren
Gallia Academy vs South Point
New Boston vs Western
Hillsboro vs Jackson
Ironton vs the Peake
McClain vs MT
New Lexington vs Sheridan
Parkersburg South vs Logan
Trimble vs Waterford
Waverly vs South Webster
Wheelersburg vs Eastern Pike

... Portsmouth has to prove they are to be talked about as AT LEAST a spoiler in the OVC ... Fort Frye vs Warren or Warren vs Fort Frye a rivalry game , nothing more to say ... the OVC is a great game after great game no matter what night - Gallia Academy vs South Point ... GAHS lost to Ironton - can't afford to drop #2 in the league ... New Boston is not the NB of old BUT they have some players, it IS at home ... the Tigers have been close to getting over the hump - is this the game vs 8-0 Western - probably not BUT the potential IS there at the Den ... the Peake vs the Tigers of I'town! the Tigers won't take Chesapeake for granted as CHS is at least a legit spoiler in the OVC and right now is a player ... the FAC is loaded just like the OVC to have great matchups every league night - the boro vs Jackson, McClain vs MT (I'm not giving up on MT - I like Guthrie and the young sophs) ... New Lexington is 5-0 ! if nothing else THIS game will tell me a lot about New Lex ... Logan is a half court shot by the U away from being undefeated - Parkersburg South is always a good test on the road ... Trimble vs Waterford - a battle of undefeated teams - pfloyd will be in the Cheap Seats to see Coach Caldwell's Tomcats - love watching the fundamental bb by Trimble ... they are my #1 D4 team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line for a reason - they're darn good ... BIG SOC 2 matchup between Waverly & South Webster at the Downtown Arena in Waverly ! - both teams coming off of losses from the past weekend - both NEED W's in league play so Valley stays within reach ... I have the Wheelersburg game as interesting - as Eastern Pike has upped it's game both offensively and defensively let's see where they stand vs one of the big boys in the SOC2 ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 pm Adena at New Hope has been rescheduled until January

Fairfield at Paint Valley will be a nice test for the Bearcats. The Bearcats lost senior Dillon McDonald to an injury on Friday and got off to a very slow start Saturday, before finding their footing. It will be interesting to see how they do, they have some nice athletes that will step in, but it’s definitely a big loss
Grubb and Estep will keep them in most games.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:33 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 pm Adena at New Hope has been rescheduled until January

100% agree. Finding a 3rd scoring option is vital for more success, IMO. Cole Miller could be that guy for them.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:08 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:33 pm

100% agree. Finding a 3rd scoring option is vital for more success, IMO. Cole Miller could be that guy for them.
I'm a Peebles guy,but; I've liked that group of players for a few years. I agree they need another scoring option,but; defense may take care of some of that.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Please post scores as they come in. Thx!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Any live feed from Fairland?

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:08 pm Any live feed from Fairland?
If you search on YouTube for “itfairland” they stream most all home games and believe they’ll have announcers for it as well tonight

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:13 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:08 pm Any live feed from Fairland?
If you search on YouTube for “itfairland” they stream most all home games and believe they’ll have announcers for it as well tonight

Thank you

Return to “Boys Basketball”