D3 Scores and Updates 2022

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division lll SE district

Post by Ironman92 »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:57 am Valley would be a top 4 seed in this bracket as well. Them being DIV is irrelevant considering they play in a DIII-heavy league. That South Point win is looking less impressive all the time. You also going to completely ignore the whipping the Tigers took at the hands of Wheelersburg 2 weeks ago? If we're going to nitpick Minford's losses (to teams that are ranked at the top of DII and DIV in the district) where did Ironton's other 4 losses come from? It always is settled on the court in the end, but it does not change the issue that Ironton is in no way deserving of the 6 seed in this bracket.
After the top 5 it’s tough to separate the next several spots.

Let’s see your’s.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Just my opinion, but while the divisional breakdown does matter, I don't think it plays much if it is a quality opponent. I have had the fortune of seeing Valley and DIV or DIII they are a quality opponent. I would have them seeded in that top 5 mix in this district as well. I agree that they have played a quality schedule and are a battle tested team against some of the best in the district. Good luck to all of the SEO teams in their draw and let the madness begin. I am pumped!

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Soggybottomtopper, have you seen any of the OVC teams play this year? If so, what are your thoughts?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:56 pm Soggybottomtopper, have you seen any of the OVC teams play this year? If so, what are your thoughts?
Fairland is as good as anyone. I would never bet against this team. Porter is outstanding and with Taylor and Thacker to help scoring depth, I wouldn't want to play them. Are they healthy? I haven't saw them lately.

Have not got to see Gallia, but I know they have some size. Not got to see CGDB or Rock Hill either.

Early on South Point looked legit, what happened to them? Just saw scores lately and it seems to be going the wrong way.

Peake is a wildcard to me. I like them even if they are inconsistent. Blankenship and Maynard are just the type of duo that can take a team a long way when not expected to. I love good guard play in tournaments. I like the pace they play at when games get up tempo. Styles make fights.

I put Ironton/Portsmouth on a similar level. Personally, I think they have underachieved. Just my opinion, but I think there is plenty of talent there to make runs, yet they are just inconsistent enough to bow out early. You never know which team might show up. As I said before, styles make fights.

Tournament time is always about matchups and coaching. I put the OVC right in there with the best leagues around because of their talent and in some cases, their coaching. Nothing would surprise me with any of these teams and as I said I have a feeling about Chesapeake maybe being my sleeper. But, nothing would shock me other than Fairland getting knocked out early. I think with Fairland, you just expect them to be in a District Final. Just too much experience, talent and coaching.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:52 pm 1. Eastern Brown
2. Minford
3. Fairland
4. Zane Trace

It’s close
Pretty fair assessment. I’d put peake close to the top as well.

Burg, Portsmouth and Ironton are like mid-majors this year. They are good enough to upset and make a run but probably not good enough to sustain a few wins in a row.

But to me, there’s no clear cut dominant team.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Sbt,Taylor is no longer at Fairland.
Let’s see your top 16 in this division.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

29 teams
How many byes? 3?

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Yes, 3 byes.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:44 pm Sbt,Taylor is no longer at Fairland.
If it isn't too personal, what happened with that?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Taylor transferred to Huntington Prep. could only play 11 games per transfer rules.
Chesapeake >Cabell Midland>Fairland >,Huntington Prep.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

peake71 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:27 pm Taylor transferred to Huntington Prep. could only play 11 games per transfer rules.
Chesapeake >Cabell Midland>Fairland >,Huntington Prep.
I see. Thank you for clarifying. These days...these days.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

You ask, you shall receive:

1. FAIRLAND
2. EASTERN BROWN
3. MINFORD
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. NORTH ADAMS
7. BURG
8. MEIGS
9. SOUTH POINT
10. PORTSMOUTH
11. IRONTON
12. WEST
13. PIKETON
14. WESTFALL
15. ALEXANDER
16. WELLSTON

Let's be honest, the coaches in the room will dictate a bump or drop here and there, so nothing surprises me if a team moves up or down 5 spots. That is just a given, but I tried to be as fair as I could with what I know and what I have read. Anyway, there ya go.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Have you seen NA play? I know they have one really good player in Copas, just wondering what else they have? I saw where Portsmouth beat them this week.

JWICK24
Waterboy

Post by JWICK24 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:26 pm

1. FAIRLAND
2. EASTERN BROWN
3. MINFORD
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. NORTH ADAMS
7. BURG
8. MEIGS
9. SOUTH POINT
10. PORTSMOUTH
11. IRONTON
12. WEST
13. PIKETON
14. WESTFALL
15. ALEXANDER
16. WELLSTON

Let's be honest, the coaches in the room will dictate a bump or drop here and there, so nothing surprises me if a team moves up or down 5 spots. That is just a given, but I tried to be as fair as I could with what I know and what I have read. Anyway, there ya go.
Alexander 7 spots behind a meigs team they beat on the road, and has wins over VC and Jackson?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

JWICK24 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:44 pm

1. FAIRLAND
2. EASTERN BROWN
3. MINFORD
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. NORTH ADAMS
7. BURG
8. MEIGS
9. SOUTH POINT
10. PORTSMOUTH
11. IRONTON
12. WEST
13. PIKETON
14. WESTFALL
15. ALEXANDER
16. WELLSTON

Alexander 7 spots behind a meigs team they beat on the road, and has wins over VC and Jackson?
No question good wins and a very good win on the road. 3 wins that are stable for your resume'. But, the 8 losses concern me more. As I said, move Meigs 5 spots down and I am fine with it. But, you can't pick and choose which wins matter and not talk about 8 losses too. Just my opinion.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:35 am I was bored and found this interesting. Seedings according to MartinRPI

1. MINFORD
2. FAIRLAND
3. EASTERN
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. SOUTH POINT
7. NORTH ADAMS
8. BURG
9. MEIGS
10. WESTFALL
11. PORTSMOUTH
12. IRONTON
13. PIKETON
14. ALEXANDER
15. WEST
16. WELLSTON
17. DAWSON BRYANT
18. OAK HILL
19. NORTHWEST
20. LYNCHBURG CLAY
21. ROCK HILL
22. SOUTHEASTERN
23. NELSONVILLE YORK
24. BELPRE
25. HUNTINGTON
26. ADENA
27. RIVER VALLEY
28. CROOKSVILLE
29. WEST UNION

Thoughts?
NA a bit high

12 not very good teams

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Meigs just lost by 15 to a 4-win Athens team. Come on SBT, you’re better than that.

JWICK24
Waterboy

Post by JWICK24 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:14 pm
JWICK24 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:44 pm

1. FAIRLAND
2. EASTERN BROWN
3. MINFORD
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. NORTH ADAMS
7. BURG
8. MEIGS
9. SOUTH POINT
10. PORTSMOUTH
11. IRONTON
12. WEST
13. PIKETON
14. WESTFALL
15. ALEXANDER
16. WELLSTON

No question good wins and a very good win on the road. 3 wins that are stable for your resume'. But, the 8 losses concern me more. As I said, move Meigs 5 spots down and I am fine with it. But, you can't pick and choose which wins matter and not talk about 8 losses too. Just my opinion.
Well then let’s talk about Ironton 8 losses, North Adams 9 losses, SP loss like 6 in a row at one point I believe, Portsmouth 8 losses, Burg has 9 losses, and PWest has like 12 losses. The losses do matter, when the losses happen also matter. Teams get better as the season go on. Just curious how you can have Meigs 10-6 best win Athens?, 7 spots higher than Alex 10-8 that has a
Head to head win on the road as well as wins recently over VC/Jackson. Seems like you give the river teams a pass on their losses.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:28 pm Meigs just lost by 15 to a 4-win Athens team. Come on SBT, you’re better than that.
I can assure you...I am not. I saw Meigs a year ago and have not saw them this season. I may have overrated them. My apologies.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

D3 is really weak this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”