Minford vs Burg: District Semis 2022

wobycat
SEOPS

Minford vs Burg: District Semis 2022

Post by wobycat »

Burg will have to be efficient scoring and try to keep one of minfords top two scorers in the single digits. Ater will probably want to make this a grind out game for the pirates to upset the falcons.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Minford vs Burg: District Semis

Post by art_vandelay »

Would not be surprised at all if Burg pulls the upset here. They are a different team with Clark healthy. I gotta think Burg puts him on Montgomery, and that could be a tough matchup for a freshman with Clark’s physicality. Burg still limited on offense, but if Swords gets them 15-20, they will be right in this one.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Low 40’s final score I’m calling it now

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:40 pm Low 40’s final score I’m calling it now
And if so, that definitely favors Burg.*

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Minford 10+

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford 44
Burg 38

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Minford obviously favored here, but I’m guessing they didn’t want to see this matchup. Wheelersburg capable of dragging them into a slugfest, especially if refs let both teams play like a typical district game.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Too much fire power from Minford for Burg to handle. The Falcons by 10.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Gonna miss announcing this one as my Tigers play at the same time at Southeastern.
Should be a good game with Clark back.

Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

Burg is physical and they play hard, so they will make it interesting. However, Minford is just too talented for them. Minford by 10-15.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Burg will need Montgomery in foul trouble much of the night in order to win

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I'll take Burg by 4
Burg 47
Minford 43

Hopefully Clark can stay out of foul trouble while guarding Montgomery..

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:27 pm I'll take Burg by 4
Burg 47
Minford 43

Hopefully Clark can stay out of foul trouble while guarding Montgomery..
Burg's been running the 2-3 lately. If they go man, I would put Clark on Zimmerman and Swords on Montgomery. Zimmerman is a tough matchup. I look for this to be a good game. It's tough to beat a team 3 times. I'll still go with Minford.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

This is my upset special of the week. I'm probably dead wrong but I'm sticking with it.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Munford 3
Burg 2

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crazy stat but I believe Minford hasn't won a district game since the 90's. Can they finally get over the hump?

This is a dangerous matchup for Minford. I said as soon as the brackets came out that Wheelerburg could win this. I'll go with Minford by 4 in a slugfest but it wouldn't shock me one bit if Burg pulls the upset.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Most important advantage Burg has is on the sideline. If burg shoots the ball well, they will pull the upset. I'm sure it will be low scoring.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

In my opinion this game will be determined by Minford’s defense. I have seen each online and I think it will be a great game. Burg will want to slow the game down! Like really SLOW! Play some Zone to slow the pace down.

Minford’s defense will have to make Wheelersburg play at a faster pace because a slow pace will just frustrate Minford and play into Burg’s hand. I think Minford’s man defense will have to pressure without getting beat off the dribble. If they keep the ball in front of them and out rebound Burg, I think Minford wins.

Fans are talking this game up because it a tournament game. But I think if Minford can make Burg shoot tough shots, out-rebounds them and fast- breaks, they will win. Of course that is why we play the game!! Good Luck to both teams.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:13 am Crazy stat but I believe Minford hasn't won a district game since the 90's. Can they finally get over the hump?

This is a dangerous matchup for Minford. I said as soon as the brackets came out that Wheelerburg could win this. I'll go with Minford by 4 in a slugfest but it wouldn't shock me one bit if Burg pulls the upset.
Was that the year Minford made it to Regional Finals and lost to Burg? I think it was in '95, but not for sure. Regardless, that is crazy because Minford has had some solid teams/players over the years.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m sure minford has seen just about every defense you can throw at them. Which makes me feel that Wheelersburg will have to give up something. I would go with giving up the three point shot and live with them being off that night. I would also value each possession offensively. Burg has had some trouble taking the best shot. I will say burg is very good at getting a good look when they work for it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”