D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

TIGER#27
JV Team

Re: D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

Post by TIGER#27 »

3rd String wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:42 am 64-59 In favor of the TIgers. Late free throws, seal the deal.
Good prediction "TIGERS WIN". Can't go wrong...LOL

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

If Dante Jackson isn't playing, I like Waverly by 10+

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:12 pm
3rd String wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:42 am 64-59 In favor of the TIgers. Late free throws, seal the deal.
It's a win/win. Tiger Fans everywhere are celebrating.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3rd String wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:02 pm
TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:12 pm
It's a win/win. Tiger Fans everywhere are celebrating.
Not the ones in Detroit

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:12 am
VetteMan wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:00 pm I haven't seen Greenfield play at all. How is their guard play against teams that really like to press and pressure the opposing guards? It may not be a factor at all. Should be a great game between two teams that both have had outstanding seasons.
This is a senior heavy team. I believe they play 7 seniors. They have the FAC player if the year and strong guard play. Not saying the Waverly pressure will have no impact but I doubt it plays a significant role in this game.
Thanks mlittle. I knew I would get your honest opinion.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck to the Waverly Tigers!

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

You may be able to look into the crystal ball for the regional finals by watching the early game. Some common opponents stand out. Meadowbrook beat Sheridan by 16 earlier in the year and honestly the game wasn't very close. Sheridan is an improved team but Meadowbrook is probably still a lot stronger with five senior starters and 1st team all Ohio Singleton. Sheridan was the third maybe 4th best team in the MVL.
McClain seemed to have a pretty good battle with Sheridan before pulling away. Matchups aside a Meadowbrook McClain game may favor Meadowbrook in probably a close one.

Heath played two tight games against Ready and DeSales winning one and losing one. They also railed Zanesville. Meadowbrook beat Zanesville in a somewhat close game until the end and we're beaten pretty soundly by DeSales and Ready. I know Meadowbrook had a player missing against Ready and got in major foul trouble vs DeSales but it still looked like they may have been playing up a class. This would indicate a Heath win by around 10. Meadowbrook has won 5 of the last six districts, made 8 twice and state once so maybe a little more experience. They have juggled the lineup a bit and are playing inspired. Singleton is a problem for most teams so there is that. Their big has also come into his own. Romeo Dorsey just went for 23 and 17 bounds against Tri Valley. He is a former role player.
The coach is new but has always been the assistant and is very solid.
Heath is bigger and has played a schedule indicating a w here.

Heath by 8 but an upset is possible.

You guys would know more about Waverly vs Heath since someone said they went to double ot last year. Heath appears to have everyone back for the most part. I have to think Heath would beat McClain but like Meadowbrook, a punchers chance.

Just some talking points. It's all about matchups, adjustments, producing on the big stage etc.

The selfish part of me wants a Waverly Meadowbrook matchup. The Robertson vs Singleton matchup would be a serious show because they are so similar.

Obviously all speculating but it's fun to predict and see how wrong we are.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Why is McClain only 17-3,they were 14-3 at the end of the regular season, that's 5 games they couldn't get in, most teams at least got a 20 or 21 game schedule in

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I have to agree on taking the Tigers too! :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Riverrats wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:06 pm You may be able to look into the crystal ball for the regional finals by watching the early game. Some common opponents stand out. Meadowbrook beat Sheridan by 16 earlier in the year and honestly the game wasn't very close. Sheridan is an improved team but Meadowbrook is probably still a lot stronger with five senior starters and 1st team all Ohio Singleton. Sheridan was the third maybe 4th best team in the MVL.
McClain seemed to have a pretty good battle with Sheridan before pulling away. Matchups aside a Meadowbrook McClain game may favor Meadowbrook in probably a close one.

Heath played two tight games against Ready and DeSales winning one and losing one. They also railed Zanesville. Meadowbrook beat Zanesville in a somewhat close game until the end and we're beaten pretty soundly by DeSales and Ready. I know Meadowbrook had a player missing against Ready and got in major foul trouble vs DeSales but it still looked like they may have been playing up a class. This would indicate a Heath win by around 10. Meadowbrook has won 5 of the last six districts, made 8 twice and state once so maybe a little more experience. They have juggled the lineup a bit and are playing inspired. Singleton is a problem for most teams so there is that. Their big has also come into his own. Romeo Dorsey just went for 23 and 17 bounds against Tri Valley. He is a former role player.
The coach is new but has always been the assistant and is very solid.
Heath is bigger and has played a schedule indicating a w here.

Heath by 8 but an upset is possible.

You guys would know more about Waverly vs Heath since someone said they went to double ot last year. Heath appears to have everyone back for the most part. I have to think Heath would beat McClain but like Meadowbrook, a punchers chance.

Just some talking points. It's all about matchups, adjustments, producing on the big stage etc.

The selfish part of me wants a Waverly Meadowbrook matchup. The Robertson vs Singleton matchup would be a serious show because they are so similar.

Obviously all speculating but it's fun to predict and see how wrong we are.
Nice post

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Mlittle, I know what you’re saying. The Tigers of McClain have been on every Waverly fan’s mind if we’re being honest since these brackets were drawn. I think either this game or Western/Valley will end up being the game of the week.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:01 pm Mlittle, I know what you’re saying. The Tigers of McClain have been on every Waverly fan’s mind if we’re being honest since these brackets were drawn. I think either this game or Western/Valley will end up being the game of the week.
Should be a couple dandys

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

hhawk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:28 pm Why is McClain only 17-3,they were 14-3 at the end of the regular season, that's 5 games they couldn't get in, most teams at least got a 20 or 21 game schedule in
Several games cancelled due to Covid.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Will this game be live streamed?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

bucknuts09 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:36 am Will this game be live streamed?
Yes, SOSA posted they will be covering the game!! Big thanks to them for all they do for those who can't make the games

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Best of luck to Waverly

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Day of game! Looking forward to seeing the tigers in orange black in the convo again, nothing better than catching high school basketball there. Geaux Tigers!
Waverly 76
Mcclain 68

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Waverly 68
McClain 64

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Can't wait for tonight! Headed down early to catch the game in front of this one and gonna get some good seats

Should be a great game with high intensity! McClain is a tough team and Stewart is an experienced coach, however, I think Waverly will keep the momentum going and advance!

Give me the Orange and Black Tigers victorious 63-54

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Vegas has the game as a pick'em. Whichever team can avoid the Convo flu will advance.

Return to “Boys Basketball”