Varsity

Re: 12/9/22 SW @ Wheelersburg

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Burg Dub

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Eh you know how it goes playing at the burg. Burg hit some timely threes and ultimately was there to put the airball three back in for two. We get that board and it’s overtime. 13-20 shooting free throws for the Jeeps. Don’t know if Sommer had the flu or what but just wasn’t present tonight. Jackson tomorrow night

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Great early season win…need to work on free throws in the worst way though

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

SW transfers really showed up tonight I know that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps by 15 next time.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Nice win tonight Pirates!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not surprising. Burg is a tough place to win and they are never as bad as people on here act.

Very tough league.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:42 pm Not surprising. Burg is a tough place to win and they are never as bad as people on here act.

Very tough league.
Yep...Burg showed they are going to be right in the SOC II mix this year. No real surprise as those kids just win regardless of the sport.

Webster going to be fine. Sommer probably pressing too much against his former school. If Roberts and Collins play like that, they going to win most of their games. Game in that kind of amped-up atmosphere will only make them better.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Nice win Burg!! Sounded like some gave Burg very little chance at all.

How are the Freshman looking?? Are they getting any varsity playing time at all? Any of them contributing??

If they are not playing varsity hopefully they are at least getting JV minutes.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:13 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:42 pm Not surprising. Burg is a tough place to win and they are never as bad as people on here act.

Very tough league.
Yep...Burg showed they are going to be right in the SOC II mix this year. No real surprise as those kids just win regardless of the sport.

Webster going to be fine. Sommer probably pressing too much against his former school. If Roberts and Collins play like that, they going to win most of their games. Game in that kind of amped-up atmosphere will only make them better.*

Wait, a Burg kid transferred to Webster!! I thought only players that transferred always came to Burg!!! :o :o :o

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:49 pm

Very tough league.

Wait, a Burg kid transferred to Webster!! I thought only players that transferred always came to Burg!!! :o :o :o
I get your point, but ironically, the kid from Burg who hit the game-winning shot was a junior high transfer from Webster.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:30 pm

I get your point, but ironically, the kid from Burg who hit the game-winning shot was a junior high transfer from Webster.*
Correct, so not sure why there’s hostility towards the kids. Looks like they left a very crowded situation and kids at both schools benefitted from it. Doesn’t seem like a negative either way.

Two solid teams battled it out in a very loud early season environment. Both teams will be dangerous each and every night and make some noise is a very competitive SOC 2.

Yabba, freshman group looks good. They won a close JV game and the Rucker kid played many minutes on Varsity. That group should be pretty daggon good before it’s all said and done.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, just having a little fun. Would have been nice to see the Sommer kid stay at Burg!! He would of been a big help!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:41 pm

Correct, so not sure why there’s hostility towards the kids. Looks like they left a very crowded situation and kids at both schools benefitted from it. Doesn’t seem like a negative either way.

Two solid teams battled it out in a very loud early season environment. Both teams will be dangerous each and every night and make some noise is a very competitive SOC 2.

Yabba, freshman group looks good. They won a close JV game and the Rucker kid played many minutes on Varsity. That group should be pretty daggon good before it’s all said and done.
No hostility at all. Just having fun with the transfer talk.

Thanks for the info on the Freshman players. They are going to be a fun group to watch.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:42 pm

Yeah, just having a little fun. Would have been nice to see the Sommer kid stay at Burg!! He would of been a big help!!
Don’t be shocked if they come back

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

3 games into the 22 season and already speculating on them transferring back because we got beat by 2pts. Waginger got beat at ironton by 1 or 2 points and still won a chip.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:37 am 3 games into the 22 season and already speculating on them transferring back because we got beat by 2pts. Waginger got beat at ironton by 1 or 2 points and still won a chip.

I’m not sure what this means. Wasn’t Waginger a Senior and didn’t he end up going back to Ironton to play baseball and then graduated at Ironton??

That was what I always heard and there might not be any truth to it.

I had heard Ater was the driving force behind Sommer leaving Burg. Logic was he knew Sommer was a good basketball player and if he went to South Webster he wouldn’t have to face him come tournament time. That was all from a guy I know so not sure how true it even is. Might be someone stirring the pot again.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:43 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:37 am 3 games into the 22 season and already speculating on them transferring back because we got beat by 2pts. Waginger got beat at ironton by 1 or 2 points and still won a chip.

I’m not sure what this means. Wasn’t Waginger a Senior and didn’t he end up going back to Ironton to play baseball and then graduated at Ironton??

I had heard Ater was the driving force behind Sommer leaving Burg. Logic was he knew Sommer was a good basketball player and if he went to South Webster he wouldn’t have to face him come tournament time. That was all from a guy I know so not sure how true it even is. Might be someone stirring the pot again.
I believe the former coach was the reason they all left.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Incorrect. He graduated from South Webster and still considers South Webster home whenever he comes back to Ohio.

I think his point was —- it’s not the first time we’ve seen a kid (or kids) transfer to another school, then lose to their previous school in a high emotion game. Webster lost to Ironton that year, only to go on and win the state championship (also not claiming this is going to happen lol…. But Swank is trying to say that these things happen and there’s lots of season left)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Incorrect. He graduated from South Webster and still considers South Webster home whenever he comes back to Ohio.

I think his point was —- it’s not the first time we’ve seen a kid (or kids) transfer to another school, then lose to their previous school in a high emotion game. Webster lost to Ironton that year, only to go on and win the state championship (also not claiming this is going to happen lol…. But Swank is trying to say that these things happen and there’s lots of season left)
Was he a senior?

Return to “Boys Basketball”