Unioto basketball

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Unioto basketball

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Will Unioto ever get back to the way they were during 2014-17? Or were those teams during that run just too talented?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Unioto basketball

Post by bbjunky81 »

That run of talent Unioto had was insane... it would be hard for any school to match that again, even a D2 school.

Unioto has some good young talent. The sophomore and freshman guards that play varsity have a chance to be special, they just need time to continue to grow and learn. This will be a down year for Unioto as they're rebuilding, but I do think they take a big step forward next year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

After this year, the next three years Unioto will be a 15+ win team IMO, They have some solid young talent on the roster and coming up through Jr. High.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think they’ll be very good once the calendar turns over in 2023 and those young guards get a bit more experience under their belts. Getting Schobelock back from injury will help a lot in the scoring department and Crace has been a welcome surprise as well.

The hallmark has been defense for a long time and they just aren’t there defensively yet and I believe that comes from youth. The sooner they figure that end out, the sooner they put together some wins. I think they still have a chance to finish over .500 and possibly win a sectional with 8 teams getting out in D2, but the next few years should be fun for the Unioto fans.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Unioto is young and every game they will steadily get better. This season is all about them getting experience. Next year they will make a huge jump and compete, if not win a league title.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Just gonna have to take their lumps this year. Reminds me a lot of our 18 season. Went 10-13 that year I think. Won some games we shouldn’t have and lost some we should’ve won. Then followed it up with 2 really good seasons.

Return to “Boys Basketball”