Gallia vs Fairfield Union

Geronimo
SEOP

Gallia vs Fairfield Union

Post by Geronimo »

Road game for Gallia Wednesday December 28 tip at 7:15 Fairfield a very good team there 6-1 on the year !!!

JChipwood
All Conference

Re: Gallia vs Fairfield Union

Post by JChipwood »

Teams with quick guards are gonna give these devils fits. Gallia is very long but not very quick on the perimeter defensively. And we have lost our blue Devil basketball defensive fundamentals, allow the ball to be centered with very little resistance rather than use the sideline and corners as extra defenders. This teams length could generate lots of steals. Need to play smarter not harder. Past cpl years Franklin hasn’t had his basketball legs until mid January. He is a much much different player with his legs under him. Not a knock, fairly typical for multi sport athletes. Some minor tweaks will make this team very dangerous by late February. If We get three happy we could lose to lesser teams. 17 feet and in gives Isaac an opportunity to absolutely dominate the glass. He’s a monster but his biggest asset is his court awareness in my opinion. Knows where the rebound is going. And has the body to box anyone in the region. Team basketball IQ will determine how this season ends. Blast from the past for a practice or two would go a very LONG way. Easy stuff to fix really, minus the perimeter quickness defensively. And that can be nullified with better fundamentals.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Another good measuring stick for both

FU by 10

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:59 am Another good measuring stick for both

FU by 10
Not to be a contrarian, but I'll take Gallia by 9. Looking at each game they've both played so far...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fairfield Union will need to show they can score more points than they've been putting up ... FU has been scoring at 51.4 ppg while getting it done defensively giving up a stingy 37.8 ppg to the opposition ... GAHS is offensively scoring 62.8 ppg while holding their opposition under the magic number 50 ppg (47.7ppg) ... with that said, pfloyd will be in the Cheap Seats for this one ...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Game day 👍

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

The boys and I will probably see you there @pfloyd . We sit behind the home bench though instead of the Cheap Seats. Boys like to pay the extra money to sit close and hear the motivational speeches by Coach Shaeffer. 🤣

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:29 am The boys and I will probably see you there @pfloyd . We sit behind the home bench though instead of the Cheap Seats. Boys like to pay the extra money to sit close and hear the motivational speeches by Coach Shaeffer. 🤣
... I totally understand ! I can't afford the "good" seats on my salary LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

No freshmen game? JV's start at 6pm?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any Link?

Go Blue
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Whs95fan wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:10 pmAny Link?
I haven't had any luck finding one.

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia 36 FU 34 Big win Gallia!!! 👍

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Very low scoring game. Congrats Blue devils on the win.

88champs
Waterboy

Post by 88champs »

Congrats to Gallia. Good win. They’re a well coached and patient team that doesn’t force many bad shots. The falcons played them tight on the defensive end and had several good looks but couldn’t get enough of their shots to drop tonight. Would like to see a replay of this one down the road.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Gallia

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

88champs wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:35 pm Congrats to Gallia. Good win. They’re a well coached and patient team that doesn’t force many bad shots. The falcons played them tight on the defensive end and had several good looks but couldn’t get enough of their shots to drop tonight. Would like to see a replay of this one down the road.
That’s a big change from the WCH game, so that’s some excellent coaching to get better shot selection. They definitely have a nice core that will win a lot of games if they keep that up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”