D4 Tournament Thread

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Re: D4 Tournament Thread

Post by Wellston Ironman »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:55 am Webster is 13-5 and people are talking them down like they’re 5-13. I’m not talking about just posters on here, I’m talking about people around the area that know basketball.

I’ve watched Webster one time in person and a few times on youtube and it does seem like there some obvious locker room issues. Part of me wonders if having your best player being an underclassman causes leadership issues? Add to that 3 transfers getting regular minutes, and team chemistry becomes a real question mark.

Don’t know what the fix is or if it can even be fixed at this point in season, but if Webster doesn’t start playing together as a team all 4 quarters like Swanker said, it’ll be a quick tourney exit for them.*
If Spanker is right, its an accident. Just like the accidents he has in his pants all the time. He gets on here and acts like he knows a few things. But I know a few people from that area and they say he is a joke.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

JeepNation26 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:45 am
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:55 am Webster is 13-5 and people are talking them down like they’re 5-13. I’m not talking about just posters on here, I’m talking about people around the area that know basketball.

I’ve watched Webster one time in person and a few times on youtube and it does seem like there some obvious locker room issues. Part of me wonders if having your best player being an underclassman causes leadership issues? Add to that 3 transfers getting regular minutes, and team chemistry becomes a real question mark.

Don’t know what the fix is or if it can even be fixed at this point in season, but if Webster doesn’t start playing together as a team all 4 quarters like Swanker said, it’ll be a quick tourney exit for them.*
It may be too late for this season for them to figure it all out, but there is a remedy for the lack of team chemistry and poor floor discipline; but is administration at Webster willing to do it going forward.
And you are patheitc. Asking fo a change in coaching during a successful season. Get your resume' updated you coward. Either go be a part of the solution or dont get on here and help create a problem.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

What is sad is to see one Jeep supporter on here call a player they cheer for a Girl and another jeepster call for a coaching change.

I wish all D4 Teams good luck in tournaments, considering this is a D4 Tournament Thread.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 am What is sad is to see one Jeep supporter on here call a player they cheer for a Girl and another jeepster call for a coaching change.

I wish all D4 Teams good luck in tournaments, considering this is a D4 Tournament Thread.
Yes that’s a shame what they are doing. As bad as Fed Hocker fans are they don’t even get that nasty about their own players. Not even the one that went to prison. I say if you can’t be supportive and you don’t like what you see then don’t go to the games. But there’s probably some daddy ball dreams involved somehow. Wouldn’t be surprised.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yeah lets get this thread back on topic please.

Any games this weekend between D4 teams and tough opponents? I saw Green has New Boston but I don't see that being much of a game. Who does Fairfield and Fed Hock close the season out with?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Phil A. Sheoh
Waterboy

Post by Phil A. Sheoh »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 am What is sad is to see one Jeep supporter on here call a player they cheer for a Girl and another jeepster call for a coaching change.

Yeah these cowards wouldn’t last long in Glouster. They would either learn to keep their mouth shut or taking a whipping in Kroger’s parking lot every time they went in to buy their wine coolers.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:31 am Yeah lets get this thread back on topic please.

Any games this weekend between D4 teams and tough opponents? I saw Green has New Boston but I don't see that being much of a game. Who does Fairfield and Fed Hock close the season out with?
... according to Arbiterlive ... Fairfield Leesburg closes out the regular season on the road tonight vs Lynchburg Clay while Federal Hocking looks to rebound from the loss at Marietta Tuesday , as the Lancers take on Southern @ Southern tonight ...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:31 am Yeah lets get this thread back on topic please.

... according to Arbiterlive ... Fairfield Leesburg closes out the regular season on the road tonight vs Lynchburg Clay while Federal Hocking looks to rebound from the loss at Marietta Tuesday , as the Lancers take on Southern @ Southern tonight ...
Thanks! Lynchburg is kind of a wild card, but they did play Fairfield tough the first go around. They might be able to make that a game.

I can't see Southern keeping it very close with Hock.

Phil A. Sheoh
Waterboy

Post by Phil A. Sheoh »

Southern is rolling. I hear Daddy learned a lesson from junior in that loss. It will set the table for both teams to beat FHHS

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:29 am

Yes that’s a shame what they are doing. As bad as Fed Hocker fans are they don’t even get that nasty about their own players. Not even the one that went to prison. I say if you can’t be supportive and you don’t like what you see then don’t go to the games. But there’s probably some daddy ball dreams involved somehow. Wouldn’t be surprised.
For the record, the kid you claimed that went to “prison” graduated and is in college. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative but that’s the facts.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Phil A. Sheoh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:27 am Southern is rolling. I hear Daddy learned a lesson from junior in that loss. It will set the table for both teams to beat FHHS
Fed Hocker will beat the brakes off of Southern. With or without playing the ineligible player.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

A lot of people on their white horses around here.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:28 am

If Spanker is right, its an accident. Just like the accidents he has in his pants all the time. He gets on here and acts like he knows a few things. But I know a few people from that area and they say he is a joke.
Come sit with me sometime at a game and we’ll see who knows what.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Phil A. Sheoh
Waterboy

Post by Phil A. Sheoh »

JC2124 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:32 am

For the record, the kid you claimed that went to “prison” graduated and is in college. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative but that’s the facts.
May or may not be true but the real question is why are they letting him play baseketball

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Don't see this being much of a game? i think it will be a closer game than you think Glenwood gave the Bobcats all they wanted at New Boston with 3 minutes to go in the game the score was 35-35. New Boston just made some costly mistakes down the stretch was the difference in the game. I hooe to see a great game tonight from both teams and everybody comes out healthy. Good Luck to both teams tonight.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Coach93 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:10 pm

Don't see this being much of a game? i think it will be a closer game than you think Glenwood gave the Bobcats all they wanted at New Boston with 3 minutes to go in the game the score was 35-35. New Boston just made some costly mistakes down the stretch was the difference in the game. I hooe to see a great game tonight from both teams and everybody comes out healthy. Good Luck to both teams tonight.
Think he was right here. Also sticking to the SOC 1. Im not sure Western can beat Waterford. They better hope that 3 point shooting is off on the night the play them. Waterford when hot probably shoots as good as anyone youll see.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Phil A. Sheoh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:12 pm
JC2124 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:32 am

May or may not be true but the real question is why are they letting him play baseketball
A year ago Phil….some are still hung up on getting beat at home….one year ago

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

How’s Thimble doing? Haven’t heard much about them lately. Surely Howdeee has them rolling into the tournament. Tell me he does.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Don't sleep on Manchester. There young kids have gotten much better. I like that team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Coach93 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:10 pm

Correct, I didn't see it being much of a game :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”