Tuesday 2/7 Games

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Re: Tuesday 2/7 Games

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley 16-6 Valley lost to Minford 2x, Eastern, WB, SW, and to Mohawk up at Wooster Ohio.
Last edited by Fan of the youth on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Horrible

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

On a positive note for the Valley Indians, Colt Buckle is a heck of a player. Best player hands down on that team. His toughness is unbelievable. Attacks the basket with an aggressive mindset instead of settling for bad shots and is the best rebounding guard I've seen in a while. Coach needs to make a point to tell his players to play with the same toughness Colt plays with.

I still think if Valley can play team ball they will be fine. I got blasted toward the beginning of the season by someone for stating that they need to look for the extra pass instead of settling for contested shots. Look where not playing team ball get us. I believe in this team and hope the correct adjustments can be made by our head coach.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fan of the youth wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:11 pm Valley 16-5 Valley lost to Minford 2x, Eastern, WB, SW, and to Mohawk up at Wooster Ohio.
That's 6 losses.
purplegold wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:43 pm On a positive note for the Valley Indians, Colt Buckle is a heck of a player. Best player hands down on that team. His toughness is unbelievable. Attacks the basket with an aggressive mindset instead of settling for bad shots and is the best rebounding guard I've seen in a while. Coach needs to make a point to tell his players to play with the same toughness Colt plays with.

I still think if Valley can play team ball they will be fine. I got blasted toward the beginning of the season by someone for stating that they need to look for the extra pass instead of settling for contested shots. Look where not playing team ball get us. I believe in this team and hope the correct adjustments can be made by our head coach.
Totally agree. I've been extremely impressed with Buckle when I've seen Valley. HECK of an athlete and affects the game in so many ways.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

I agree Buckle is their best player if they let him run it and play team ball they can turn this around

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think there is some internal issues, hope they fix them and get back to playing team ball. And I agree, Buckle can play. Their "quick hitters" take too long to develop. They need to get back to dictating the tempo and make other teams adjust to them, not the other way around. Valley could be deeper. I feel like there are players on the bench that can give quality minutes. Maybe just in spurts, but would give some guys an extra breather at the end of a quarter or something. But if things don't get corrected, they will implode and baseball season will start sooner.

Edited my original post so I wasn't calling out a kid, I never like doing that, I apologize.
Last edited by transplant on Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

FHHS is about to turn loose the "THRASHER". All 5 fouls will COUNT! No free throws will be made following his master defensive work.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:47 pm FHHS is about to turn loose the "THRASHER". All 5 fouls will COUNT! No free throws will be made following his master defensive work.
Got paroled I’m guessing. Better check eligibility. We’ll be watching closely. And you have a leak so I wouldn’t try to hide anything like you did last year because we know as soon as you know :D

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
LFG
Waterboy

Post by LFG »

transplant wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:30 pm Hopefully a certain player can get his 1000th points soon so some can stop worrying about that and get back to playing team ball. And I agree, Buckle can play. Their "quick hitters" take too long to develop. They need to get back to dictating the tempo and make other teams adjust to them, not the other way around. Valley could be deeper. I feel like there are players on the bench that can give quality minutes. Maybe just in spurts, but would give some guys an extra breather at the end of a quarter or something. But if things don't get corrected, they will implode and baseball season will start sooner.
That "certain player" is just a junior. The 1,000 points will definitely be reached. Better concentrate on the schedule and the tournament. I agree that there are players on the bench that could be utilized and you would think the coaches would be trying to get the underclassmen some minutes since they are losing 4 senior starters this year. smh TEAM BALL PLEASE! Is that too much to ask?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I know he is. Just saying some are focusing on that too much instead of playing team ball. I agree, next year he's gonna need these players.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

There is some reason for disappointment, but overall Tackett has had success the past two seasons. I don’t like how some things are being said on here because of how it drags in the kid. I think some of this is overblown. I watched the stream last night and saw a bad stretch cost them game. I know that’s happened in other late close losses but I agree with the one comment that the window isn’t locked.

And a quick shout out on Valley’s broadcast. The quality of video and announcing compared to some I watch is so much better. It makes working evenings a little easier.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I like how everyone on seops always has the inside scoop but never posts it

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”