Yep. Zane Trace has not lost since Warren exposed some issues for them

VC is a tough team for sure.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: FRIDAY 2/17 GAMES

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd
Good to see you at trojan arena!
To bad you didn't get to finish watching what was a great game the "game and kids" are not what's being talked about today,kids on both teams was shining.

The gentleman on the ground just lay down on his own, goofing off , probably not the smartest thing to do in this situation,that's why when school official came running to check on him they immediately went to handle other business making sure everyone was safe , Portsmouth always has school appointed police inside the building daily,who work ball games too along with extra officers at each game,I thought they done a great job at handling the situation,not sure what else they could have done .

The guy that was supposed to said he had a gun was from Chillicothe,no gun was ever found ...at least that's what's in the police report.

If people don't think this can happen at your school they are idiots.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:08 pm Pfloyd
To bad you didn't get to finish watching what was a great game the "game and kids" are not what's being talked about today,kids on both teams was shining.

The gentleman on the ground just lay down on his own, goofing off , probably not the smartest thing to do in this situation,that's why when school official came running to check on him they immediately went to handle other business making sure everyone was safe , Portsmouth always has school appointed police inside the building daily,who work ball games too along with extra officers at each game,I thought they done a great job at handling the situation,not sure what else they could have done .

The guy that was supposed to said he had a gun was from Chillicothe,no gun was ever found ...at least that's what's in the police report.

… you’re right - the school personnel handled everything I saw well … not sure anything could have been done differently… yep , wish we could have seen how this one played out on the court … wanted to see the adjustments Coach Shoemaker was going to make to free up Myles Montgomery in the 3rd & 4th qtrs … was Coach Collins going to stick with the 1-3-1 zone? We’ll never know … I didn’t even get any of the PHS hotdogs !!! Best of luck at Peebles !

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:33 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:08 pm Pfloyd

… you’re right - the school personnel handled everything I saw well … not sure anything could have been done differently… yep , wish we could have seen how this one played out on the court … wanted to see the adjustments Coach Shoemaker was going to make to free up Myles Montgomery in the 3rd & 4th qtrs … was Coach Collins going to stick with the 1-3-1 zone? We’ll never know … I didn’t even get any of the PHS hotdogs !!! Best of luck at Peebles !

We talked with coach Collins today , he said at first he was running something other then the 1-3-1 but after they hit four straight threes the time out was to go to the 1-3-1 , we have run the 1-3-1 a lot this year ,but last night wàs the best every out of our kids to run it correctly,they done good on getting out, not sure what either coach was going to do after halftime but I'm sure shoemaker had something to try and break Montgomery out, he is a great player.

Like you said we will never know
.. sadly

Ovc04
Waterboy

Post by Ovc04 »

Realistic what’s Minford a record in ovc 2 or 3 losses not including non conference. Soc has decent teams but u get nights off.
Ovc u can play stretches of Ironton Fairland Portsmouth south point Gallia in a row and have to do it twice in the year it’s tough.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Give me the SOC MENS DIVISION over the OVC any day.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:25 am Mark it down Swanker; Fenton will be the Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach for the Jeeps next year. It appears he and Kreischer have kissed and made up.
It'll be some Kreischer puppet or Marc himself (his kid is coming up ya know) but not Fenton. Despite Ryans new found good graces hes still the same good timing good ol boy. Marcy wont go for that, but I bet he somehow rigs it up to control the program. Poor Brenton will be the fall guy.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Ovc04 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:53 pm Realistic what’s Minford a record in ovc 2 or 3 losses not including non conference. Soc has decent teams but u get nights off.
Ovc u can play stretches of Ironton Fairland Portsmouth south point Gallia in a row and have to do it twice in the year it’s tough.
That's funny, South Point held the banner for the OVC this year, you mentioned Portsmouth and their 8-13 record?? Chesapeake, Rock Hill, Coal Grove all rocking 7-8-9 win seasons. SOC had 3 sub .500 teams, Portsmouth West was one of those teams and played what you're calling one of your big dogs in Fairland and beat them. Sorry but this season basketball season the SOC is the stronger conference.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

JeepCreep wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:25 am Mark it down Swanker; Fenton will be the Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach for the Jeeps next year. It appears he and Kreischer have kissed and made up.
It'll be some Kreischer puppet or Marc himself (his kid is coming up ya know) but not Fenton. Despite Ryans new found good graces hes still the same good timing good ol boy. Marcy wont go for that, but I bet he somehow rigs it up to control the program. Poor Brenton will be the fall guy.
Can Kreischer be the Super and the Head Basketball Coach?
I totally agree with the rest of your post. It’s a shame what Kreischer has done to, what used to be, one of the most coveted jobs in southern Ohio. It’s all about him and his!!!

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:09 am
I totally agree with the rest of your post. It’s a shame what Kreischer has done to, what used to be, one of the most coveted jobs in southern Ohio. It’s all about him and his!!!
I disagree with these comments about Kreischer. You all obviously don’t know anything about him. Is every decision right or perfect? No. He’s not looking for puppets. Nor does he have any. If this job comes open, will be interesting to see who applies. But a good tourney run here and the job may not open

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:24 am

I disagree with these comments about Kreischer. You all obviously don’t know anything about him. Is every decision right or perfect? No. He’s not looking for puppets. Nor does he have any. If this job comes open, will be interesting to see who applies. But a good tourney run here and the job may not open
So do you think the current Coach has lived up to the expectations that come with this job? Have his teams maximized their potential? Do they understand the importance of playing as a unit and working together to achieve TEAM goals? Do his players get challenged to work on their weaknesses, therefore continually improving over their high school career? I don’t see any of these things happening and neither does Kreischer. It’s easier to blame the Coach, than as the Superintendent, to take accountability for this disastrous decision he made Six(6) long years ago. I don’t know if Kreischer has a bunch of the locals fooled, but he definitely has the right ones snowed!!!

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

What about father in law Norm P @ SW?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

This one’s not on Marc. I truly believe Cole deserved a chance seeing as he’s been on the bus since way back. However with what’s came and went ( Blevins, Bockway, T. Zimmerman/ T. Voiers, Carpenter and blizzard, and now this boatload he’s got now), and no district titles and sub par records to show for it, it’s time. And with what’s transpired over this past week, making a decision like that this late in the game, two full years into the boys playing career,,, right before the tournament… Steve Ater would’ve had at least one of those teams in 6 years playing for a regional title and all the attitude problems sorted out before the first game tipped off. Period.

The Webster faithful and myself included are hoping Coach K takes the reins again someday. My understanding is it’s up to the BOE or something along those lines, but I don’t see K letting someone like this coach his kid and his teammates. There’s another stud in his class named Large. Those kids with the 7th grader Braden Barnard, sheesh. Maybe we can get Norm and K and Fenton on the bench for this one

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Y’all have been deleting replies left and right about this.

Wasn’t there an accidental shot in the gym at Northwest a few years ago?

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:25 pm

So do you think the current Coach has lived up to the expectations that come with this job? Have his teams maximized their potential? Do they understand the importance of playing as a unit and working together to achieve TEAM goals? Do his players get challenged to work on their weaknesses, therefore continually improving over their high school career? I don’t see any of these things happening and neither does Kreischer. It’s easier to blame the Coach, than as the Superintendent, to take accountability for this disastrous decision he made Six(6) long years ago. I don’t know if Kreischer has a bunch of the locals fooled, but he definitely has the right ones snowed!!!
Your issues are with the Coach. I just don’t know why all of a sudden people are digging at Kreischer

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:36 pm

Your issues are with the Coach. I just don’t know why all of a sudden people are digging at Kreischer
Who hired the Coach and has kept him in his position for the past six (6) years?

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

Marcy has a whole board of puppets and will hand pick who coaches his kid. You are right that many decisions are not right. But as Matty said, most decisions are about him and this one is no different.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:49 pm There’s another stud in his class named Large. Those kids with the 7th grader Braden Barnard, sheesh.
Man, if we look back a few years I bet people did this with some other kids out at Webster by putting a bunch of expectations on them as Jr Highers or before. A lot can happen in kids development over 5 years. Lots of biddy league all stars never make it to varsity.

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Who hired the Coach and has kept him in his position for the past six (6) years?
The board? They vote on it. It doesn’t fall on one person

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Space Between wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:03 pm
MattyIce wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:18 pm

The board? They vote on it. It doesn’t fall on one person
The Board goes with the recommendation made by the Super!!!! They have nothing to do with the interview process!!! Sounds like you would make a good BVLS board member!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Return to “Boys Basketball”