Paint Valley Coaching Change

hbk1999
JV Team

Paint Valley Coaching Change

Post by hbk1999 »

I see there is a new leader in Bainbridge?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Paint Valley Coaching Change

Post by smurray »

Old news but just recently made public. Congratulations to Lakiem!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 am I see there is a new leader in Bainbridge?
Lakiem Lockery took over, he was with them as an assistant last season.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:31 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 am I see there is a new leader in Bainbridge?
just outta curiosity, where's he from, what's his resume and how old is he? Again, dunno the feller so excuse my ignorance. Hope the bearcats hot a good one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

*got a good one

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Lakiem is a young coach, spent years under Robertson at Waverly before getting the job at Eastern Pike where he did a good job considering the hand he was dealt, but was only given two years. I think he’ll do fine.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

What hand was he dealt exactly at Eastern? Did he step down? Eastern seemed to be solid last year and in good shape now only a year or two after his departure.

The was a clear move to appease Robertson. The previous coach never stood a chance. This past season Robertson gradually exerted more and more control over this program. This hire was made so that Robertson could continue to exert his influence. Was this job ever even publicly posted? Who else applied?

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Lakiem is a stand up individual, he has had great time waiting in the wings under Robertson at Waverly and gave his best go at Eastern. He understands the game very well and I am excited to see him get the head coaching job at PV

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I hope he does well, but that’s a really hard place to win, especially with an extremely small group of boys entering the high school this year.

They’ll have 2 solid pieces that will be juniors at least, so a little to build with

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:11 pm I hope he does well, but that’s a really hard place to win, especially with an extremely small group of boys entering the high school this year.

They’ll have 2 solid pieces that will be juniors at least, so a little to build with
A competitive balance number of 32 will help.with the small group of boys.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

packers80 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:36 pm
just outta curiosity, where's he from, what's his resume and how old is he? Again, dunno the feller so excuse my ignorance. Hope the bearcats hot a good one.
He was at Waverly as a JV coach and then accepted the Eastern Pike position after Barrick left and after they graduated everyone from an exceptional team. He's got a lot to learn and prove though, he made it out to PV my guess is because of Robertson and was the JV coach last season and they moved him up and he'll probably have Robertson close by again. He's got a lot to prove though the amount of success he's had as a HC is minimal, nice to see him get another shot because EP cupboards were bare when he took that one over.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

luvtlm wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:54 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:11 pm I hope he does well, but that’s a really hard place to win, especially with an extremely small group of boys entering the high school this year.

A competitive balance number of 32 will help.with the small group of boys.
That might be more of an advantage of football purposes from what I’ve heard….PV also just got bumped up to D3 which is loaded.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:43 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:36 pm

He was at Waverly as a JV coach and then accepted the Eastern Pike position after Barrick left and after they graduated everyone from an exceptional team. He's got a lot to learn and prove though, he made it out to PV my guess is because of Robertson and was the JV coach last season and they moved him up and he'll probably have Robertson close by again. He's got a lot to prove though the amount of success he's had as a HC is minimal, nice to see him get another shot because EP cupboards were bare when he took that one over.
Thanks for the info. Good luck to the new coach.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Just a sad day for Bainbridge

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Is Robertson still helping ? Wasn’t he hired as asst Super at Waverly? But his boy goes to PV. Weird if you ask me. waverly continues to support a guy that really has shown no support since stepping down as coach. 🤷‍♂️

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:33 pm What hand was he dealt exactly at Eastern? Did he step down? Eastern seemed to be solid last year and in good shape now only a year or two after his departure.

The was a clear move to appease Robertson. The previous coach never stood a chance. This past season Robertson gradually exerted more and more control over this program. This hire was made so that Robertson could continue to exert his influence. Was this job ever even publicly posted? Who else applied?
The old coach, Jason Smith, actually decided to step down as his own decision, as he has kids who attend another school and are getting older. No ill feelings either way and the community is excited to have Lakiem!! He is actually helping football some too this upcoming season!

Return to “Boys Basketball”